1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Missiles: Heavy metal rain

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 13 Dec 2018.

Tags:
  1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I started using Missles again after this thread... They seem decent enough to re-add to my rotation. The thing is, if I take out 2 Missiles, my damage output definitely drops. It's a sign that Missiles require a ton of skill and a ton of luck on top of the right circumstance. If you are only getting 1 out of the 3, you may as well put it up.

HAPPY SITHSHA and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

HAPPY SITHSHA and Kurd1stan. like this.
  4. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

but every time I try to fire it misses, either they evade or I lead too much :( also the sensitivity of the camera while tap and hold dragging the fire button to lead shots swerves the whole screen around and my missiles go into the next map??!!

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. envylife

I'm not sure about this point as Missiles are one of the very few weapons that can hit a fleeing Speeder. You have to time it to hit the spot where their nitro runs out, and being that RNG missile spread is so extreme, you have a fair amount of wiggle room. This is most common as an end-game move where you are hunting that last pesky boat down, but an attacking Speeder will always get a Missile volley from me when they are mid range.

Once in Crash n Burn I used an opening Missile shot on a Scout speeder, took it out in with a blind shot over a wall and behind the helicopter right at the end of its nitro burn. That was back in the day when MK4 Speeders commonly had 2300 HP running bandage.

HAPPY SITHSHA and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

So yeah. I did make that point later. If we tell a newbie with zero missile experience that hitting speeders(especially fleeing ones) is encouraged with missiles, it would cause them to burn out because they couldn't hit them. It's fine for more advanced players who have their lead calculations down, but is much too hard for people who are just starting off imho.

HAPPY SITHSHA, Nikkie! and envylife like this.
  7. envylife

Fair point. I never said it was easy :D In fact hitting Speeders in general is just plain difficult.

8. TechnoTew

TechnoTew Member

Try not to drag the trigger button too far from the middle, about halfway is enough to hit most ships. If you need to drag it too far, consider turning the turret of your ship instead.

-Double missile user

TheAntiSnipe likes this.