1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Performance issues sprouting again

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by BrokenBoat, 23 Feb 2019.

1. BrokenBoat

BrokenBoat Member

the issue is not as extream at the moment, but I’ve noticed other boats skipping around.

Some shots are still not registering, while others seem to register with a delay. I’ll be shooting at someone and they die with the weapon that was three shots prior.

Performance issues seemed to start creeping in on day two of the fire event, and have progressively gotten worse this week. Today (Saturday) is leaning towards unplayable.

I’ve also noticed, performance issues appear to hit subsets of players at a time. Perhaps there is a load balancing issue?

2. Hector OT

Hector OT New Member

I've seen exactly the same thing and its not lag or a ping issue. Looking back at the replays, shots appear to go straight through an unfriend with no damage caused

3. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

Looking back at the replays doesn't mean that this is not lag or ping issue.
    But we can't say that this is not a bug,either.

4. Hector OT

Hector OT New Member

Are you from the Battle Bay development team?

5. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

No.I am just an active member in this forum.
    I think replay can't tell this thing.

Last edited: 25 Feb 2019
    Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

There is a detailed post by @CaffeinatedChris describing the exact details of why this "replay bug" appears so.

No I'm not a dev either(if you were going to ask) xD

7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

8. Hector OT

Hector OT New Member

If I had recently started playing this I might believe the ‘it was a miss’ explanation but it’s a problem that appears sporadically over the two years I’ve Benn playing. I’ve had shots at close range and stationary go through the unfriend and not score. It’s a bug and it’s causing me to lose interest in the game.

9. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T New Member

I noticed a couple of interesting things. When I try to use nitro, overboost, and Tesla shield, the activation is about .5 seconds too slow. Also, when another ship shoots a shot at the exact same time as I shoot, if the shot hits me, it seems to negate my shot on the other ship. Anyone else notice this?

10. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T New Member

I'm so frustrated. I keep hitting ships and it doesn't register and then somehow, I am automatically hit by something I don't see.

11. Wezsh0T

Wezsh0T New Member

I just watched the replay. Apparently my ship is warping all over the place. I'm on non-laggy wifi. No idea why it would be lagging.