1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Fatigue, feeling deflated

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by BattleRascal, 19 Feb 2019.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

This past week (due to the 7 day long event) I finally earned a Legendary Perk (my first one since the non coin carryover rule).
    I pulled a Legendary Napalm Cooldown perk. I never use napalm, so it was basically useless(applied it to my tier 2 epic napalm).
    I bought mostly all perks with the 800 coins, saved a couple rare perks for some back up items, but nothing usable on any of my main setups, the rest scrapped,
    Bought a few interceptor boxes, all 100 parts each. No joke, I am going on about 30 straight 100 piece boxes, of ship pieces. I want to laugh after each box shows "100 pieces", but I want to cry instead.
    For me, grinding 800 coins in a week is a LOT of grinding, and it was basically all a waste.
    I don't see myself grinding another event ever.
    I feel like a gambler, who says, just one more try at the roulette wheel and maybe I can double up and break even.

2. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

RNG giveth and RNG taketh away.

NeptuneGaming and Agile Vanguard like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This needs to go. Seriously. The way they're making events right now is horrible, and though they KNOW it to be sure, they're not changing it.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

But do they really KNOW? Because if they truly understood the impact of their decisions, things would be different.

5. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

Lol they give u guys 5 more days per event with more % to get epic perks and u still complain? I hope all of upcoming events should like this or better

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    I feel sorry for you , I get 3000 pieces interceptor twice and 300 3-4 times ,

7. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Sorry if I don't sound grateful.
    After family, work and sleep, my leisure time consists of about 2 hours late at night and I basically have to devote 95% of that to playing battle bay if I'm going to earn 1 single legendary perk over a 7 day event. While it is not money I am losing, time is the currency, and I am not going to lie and say it isn't a huge letdown to devote so much time to try for things that I need, and come up empty. It's a deflating feeling to basically gamble away your time.
    There needs to a better balance of time versus guaranteed results. If I lose 30 minutes, no worries, when somebody has to spend 12 hours to end up with basically garbage, that is when the game developers need to seriously look at why their revenues and daily active users are dropping every quarter.
    Events are fun, and I'll still play them when I like. I will never grind for a legendary perk again, but that is just my personal feeling. Everyone is free to do as they wish. I just don't know how many people feel the way I do and just quit the game instead of trying to improve it. I brought the topic up because I want BattleBay to be around for a long time and turn around their financial prospects.

8. envylife

There is: Carryover.

It remains unclear why the devs decided to stop it other than "we are giving away too much." The common sense reaction would have been to limit rewards, but they decided to make perks only attainable by no-lifing the events. It's truly become a game of P2W vs excessive grinding, neither of which make an enjoyable experience.

9. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I am in similar boat. I barely have that much time to grind. I got 24 coins in the last event. I only did it because a guild mate needs some final coins. The deletion of coins is just stupidity.

Funny that the devs said it was too much. How is given 1-2 legendary perks a month to casual players too much? Creating contents without given players decent ways to obtain it is one of the reasons the game is dying.

There have been tons of good ideas here that have gone on deft ears. These devs are truly hopeless.

10. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Somehow Dev listened to my request and grant me a total of 3000 + 300 + (100 x 5) = reaper pieces.

Thats good for me.

I play less but got pretty good rng this time.

Hope it will last forever.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. envylife

I got nine +100 Ship Pieces in a row. Is that good progress toward the 150,000 I need? :eek:

12. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I wish I kept track of the number of ship pieces i've bought, but I have yet to get a 3000 piece package.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  13. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I have about 5k pieces for each new ship total and almost all my coins going pieces past couple months.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. wcc634

wcc634 Member

Good god. Amateur. Last week at one point I got TWENTY-FIVE (that’s a 2 and a 5) +100 ship pieces in a row. I then got a +300, then five more +100 in a row for a total of 30 of 31. I had my guild following my progress (if that’s the right word).

I’d like to invite somebody to utilize their Statistics training and figure the odds of missing on a 20% chance 25 times in a row and 30 out of 31.

Grinding for those 600+ coins earned me about 3/4 of a level on my lvl 35 interceptor. Thumbs up Rovio.

15. envylife

In last summer's events with piece boxes offering 20% chance at Epic piece, I drew 168 consecutive times. I got 9.5% Epic drop rate. Let's just say the probability of that is outside the realm of reasonable.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. Earel

Earel Active Member

Guys, all events coins I spend for interceptor ship pieces, and for now I’ve got 37 lvl of ship... and just one time I get 3000 pieces in box... and in sum up 1 lvl ship per event... and value from this lvl around 80hp))))) crazy progression)) sounds like a joke)

Sidd gamer, benguin8 and Sewah like this.
  17. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Yup, agreeing with u I'am

Sidd gamer likes this.