1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

[MODDED] Nerf mine.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kanke, 13 Feb 2019.

1. Kanke

Kanke New Member

Why do not you nerf mines?
    If you have a limit to throw or an enemy mine has colored
    Why do not you do anything?
    Only four out of 10 can not move even if they use land mines.
    Is this a mine game? Avoid landmines?
    I really do not want to be tired.
    Why do not you give it a hand? You've been neglecting for years already?
    I really do not want to do it.

Su-57 likes this.
  2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Pretty funny post considering mines just received -10 % damage nerf on today's update :D

Nikkie! and Redneck Messiah like this.
  3. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

It's only about 12 hours after the new update...
    And there are players who think this is a big nerf while there are also many players think -10% damage doesn't do anything.
    (Also if we can know which one is enemy's mine, we won't need this weapon anymore.)

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Also landmines are 100% avoidable since you can't drive your boat on land

Ultrah, Redneck Messiah and JoshW like this.
  5. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Here is the way I see it:

Problem: Mines in events are spammed like crazy, making people hate mines (95% of players hate mine spam in events).
    Solution that makes everyone happy: Reduce mine duration in events, or mines disappear when the player throwing them dies. This prevents the suicide mine spamming shooters that come into your spawn with 5 mines and relieves the issue everyone has with mines.

Developers Solution: Nerf mines 10%
    NOW Everyone is unhappy:
    Those who play mines in ranked mode should be livid. Mines are not overpowered in ranked mode. They are important strategic tools in ranked mode. We have a right to be mad.
    Those who hate mine spam in events are STILL MAD TOO. A 10% nerf is not going to stop the mine spamming shooters bulldozing into your spawn full speed throwing mines everywhere.

Great job on this one. Instead of listening to the players ideas(which have been posted on the forum and discord), they do something that required almost zero thought to nerf a weapon that didn't need a nerf.

6. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190214-124351.png Screenshot_20190214-124333.png
    I'd venture that mines are still pretty damn powerful after the nerf..

Nikkie! and Reorge like this.
  7. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Yup... :D

Screenshot_20190214-120522.jpg

(enemy floater was responsible for at least 100k of that damage, hope no one reads this small text)

8. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Mines got -10% nerf which doesn't make much difference . it can still take away half of the HP of Shooter and single Mine can kill speeder completely .

what they should nerf is Mine trigger area . i never run into mines if i see them i just stop my boat or change direction only if in some situation i can't see then i can also get hit . but real issue is trigger area of mine sometimes you stop your boat and you still have very decent distance from it but it still blast . they should make it blast by touch or reduce trigger area to half so in some situations we can just move from side by . because of trigger area its very difficult to avoid mine even if you avoid it by stopping at decent distance it can still blast . thats what really need to be nerfed .

Scourge Argaen and Reorge like this.
  9. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

I just don't understand why every balancing need to be just a simple Dmg nerf/buff. 10% nerf to a weapon like mine is not enough to deal with the spam issue .

Mine duration is currently 1.5 mins, considering average non-event battles last for like 3 mins, that duration is just insane. They should have nerfed the duration by like at least 40%, and the bigger issue is they blow up when you don't even step on them which doesn't even make any sense.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2019
    Vile Kyle, XQT and Su-57 like this.
  10. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

Hey, that’s me in the team :). Yeah, mines are still OP.

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Mines NEED to disappear post-player death, I've been getting tri-mine defenders for damn near all my games yesterday. This strategy should not be profitable at all, it's basically suiciding into the enemy spawn while lobbing mines. This is the REAL problem with mines. Nothing else. In Ranked, you can at least kill the spammer and that's that. Not here.

12. BoatBlaster

BoatBlaster Member

Screenshot_3.png Common Dev, where is the fun in this? Mines...mines.
    My team got stuck in spawn area cuz all entrances got double layer mines and unfriends won by capture :mad:

Last edited: 15 Feb 2019
    Nikkie! and Su-57 like this.
  13. PallabKumarS

PallabKumarS Active Member

Student
    Damn right......i totally agree with you....

14. PallabKumarS

Student
    Yep...seems a good suggestion...

15. Earel

Earel Active Member

Guys, at the start of my gaming from 2.0 release, mine for me was a useless weapon... l cam shout anyone and do dmg from any type of weapon, especially cannon...
    But for now after nerfing all yellow item except nitro, - all use it...
    And u do 90% unregistered shots with hits and without any damage... so, - mine it’s just one right solution to bit a speeder/ enfo/ and rest ship... who have yellow slot...
    Can we have statistics for loads of nitro by class?
    I see 100% usage by this item...
    Cd around 4 sec... duration around 2....
    I saw some speeders that use 2 nitro... and use just it whole fight... it’s looks indestructible for cannons/ mortars/ torps/ etc...
    Mine for me it’s one solution protect myself from guys like this...
    If players will not use nitro, or my direct hits will do dmg, I will delete my mine from load up ))) simply like it’s)))

16. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Agreed that mines are good against yellows but spamming is the problem here. In a match how many times are the opponents only yellows? You sound like every match only yellows are showing up as opponents and you must load up on mines for survival.

And not using nitro? What's that about? Yellows have seen enough nerfs for now. And I don't want to see yet another nerf unless shooters get to use 1 weapon without any dupes and shooter mains never get yellow boat as an option. :cool:

PallabKumarS and Reorge like this.
  17. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Not just that, it's easy to hunt a nitro or even binitro user. You just gotta manipulate their GCD(global cooldown)

Nikkie!, PallabKumarS and Reorge like this.
  18. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

True. But increasing skill is a hard thing to do. Begging for nerfs isn't. :D

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

-10% to damage wasn't the right nerf for mines.
    Limiting one per ship would have been better, the guys taking 3 mines into battle and spamming them non stop are the ones causing the issues.

20. PallabKumarS

Student
    @TheAntiSnipe 's idea seems awesome....that applies just in event matches....

TheAntiSnipe likes this.