1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New item catch up

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Iunch, 13 Feb 2019.

1. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

I appreciate all the new items being introduced, but feel a lot of them are so far away I'll never bother trying to level them.

My suggestion is for new items to make more than one purchasable from the store. Have the number purchasable increase for every 10 levels, so at level 10 you can buy 1, level 20 you can buy 2 etc up to lvl 50 buy 5.

It would be expensive in terms of pearls, but if you're going for something specific the 3k pearls would be better than the crap shoot of crates where you have a 1/40 chance.

Anyway, this is my idea for making new items relevant earlier.

Thanks

Reorge, TheAntiSnipe and JoshW like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Rovio would be the only one that disagrees with this. More RNG = more gambling money going to Rovio. The irony of the new item Events is that no one has the new items to use in the event, and even if they are lucky enough to get one, are not going to level it up before the event ends.

JoshW likes this.
  3. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

There has been surprisingly little talk about the thing they did with some content creators.. For the first time ever they handed out free epic t5 repair plasmas to some hand-picked YouTubers so they could promote the item in their videos. Controversial?

Thing is: as far as I understood, you get to keep the item and do whatever you want with it whether or not you even use it or make videos about it. Just because you have a YouTube channel, they handed you 1115 epic parts and 20 powercells if you decide to scrap the item immediately..? But well, I have to admit I don't know the facts about these deals, so not sure if they are really allowed to do whatever they want with it. But still, it's sure controversial and since this is the first time they're doing it - what do you guys think - is it a right move from Rovio?

IMG_20190214_005731.jpg

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

As far as I know most companies do something similar. If more people join the game because of it, then hey, the game stays alive longer.

5. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

This is not the first time they have done this. I've seen this with the intro of all new items if you come across the right players. I think it is fine, but I don't really understand the Event on a brand new item.

Nikkie! and Ash KOT like this.
  6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Think of it as payment for advertising and it makes sense.
    A lot of time and effort goes into making these YouTube channels and it's all for the love of the game. If they get some freebies for it, I have no problem with that.

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, yeah. As a content creator who never got one, I have no issues with the ones who did. They definitely work harder than me to bring quality content to the Bay. Editing a simple 5 minute clip is a near-to-one hour job if you're doing anything more than simple editing. These guys do so much more than that. Imho they deserve it.

Nikkie! and JoshW like this.