1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Post 4.2 Important Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 15 Jan 2019.

1. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    Although I don't really experience this problem (I just came back since 2 months ago I left the Bay) I am having a hard time climbing to Ace League too. I once was there but quickly fell back and can't get higher ever since. That was last spring just so you know what I'm talking about.

Micro, Sidd gamer and Frenchdutchy like this.
  2. BrokenBoat

BrokenBoat Member

I’ve been playing 3k boats and I’m between 12-1800 right now. Prior to performance issues that appear resolved now, I was 32-3600. The IP doesn’t mean your getting a weaker player at the moment, just someone who suffered from the recent issues.

Sidd gamer and Frenchdutchy like this.
  3. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

Im afraid nothing is gonna change since no mpv or moderator is reacting. For me the game is a dead end. Staying stuck between 1100 and 1200 and still playing 3k+ infamy boots is no fun. Next rivalry is gonna be decisive for me if im stopping or not . I added one more screenshot which is exactly showing the problem: defeat, high infamy players, highest score + no star:

Attached Files:

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you both are caught in some kind of infamy tanking penalty zone. No question this needs to be addressed by Rovio.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Subbie the Blaster

Sad story

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Some players have asked for more variety of events and less of the hardcore event so it seems the devs have decided this week just to give us less events totally. Are they trying to drive players away on purpose now or is it that there no leadership at this company to actually guide the devs well.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. Subbie the Blaster

Since when were "some players" given the rank of being the whole community? I'm not disagreeing with your point, but your argument is simply not convincing. Just because some players wanted something, doesn't mean that the majority of the community wants it. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to engage in more events, but "some players" is ridiculous for an argument.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Please stop saying I’m speaking for whole community that is why I said some players cause I meant some players not all players!!!!!

And anyway the devs are only aiming everything hey do at some players anyway, the ones who spend money lol.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. Subbie the Blaster

From this point, I'm guessing you belong to those "some players", right? I still don't know though, how many is that 'some'. Since some means not too much, it appears to be a minor request, you surely know that.
    Sadly enough.

10. FloatDaBoat

FloatDaBoat New Member

Why is saying that I neep to update the game even though I just did it?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. MBSD73

MBSD73 New Member

Since the update I’m not sure my guild season quests are registering right. I’ve won multiple battles in ranked and casual with the star quest selected and nothing is registering. Anyone else experiencing that?

QUOTE="The Grim Repair, post: 196572, member: 13052"]Ahoy Captains!

We have two important updates to share with you since last Thursday’s latest patch 4.2 was released.

1. Granular Infamy - we changed the Infamy system we introduced with the patch and reverted BACK to the Infamy system before 4.2.
    It is active in game now.
    We made this decision rather quickly after careful review and consideration of our community’s- Your! - feedback over the past days.

We understand the system is not transparent enough and leads to many confusions or bad feelings. That’s of course the opposite of what we want.

We will continue to review and refine the current system!

2. Bandage bug in events - is now fixed!

For referende for those who read about this the first time: there was a bug in game with bandage in Events due to the ship selection and our Hardcore TeamDeathmatch mode.
    What basically happened was, that bandage effects carried over to the other ship, when you died or just selected a ship that has bandage equipped. This was not intended!

We apologize for all inconveniences cause but hope also that our quick reaction has minimized the use of torches and pitchforks ;)

Thank you for everyone’s clear feedback through Discord and our forums - it really makes a huge difference.

/battlewithpride

-Grim & your Crew[/QUOTE]

12. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

The devs are fixing this issue.
    They told this in discord channel.

Beau likes this.
  13. Dima.Yush

Dima.Yush New Member

Hello everyone, I know many and many know me. I'm not going to sabotage here, but the question is serious, I already wrote this afternoon, I'll write again. Dear developers, you cut not just a mine, you cut another Slot for a force, well, for fixes, shooters. In my opinion, this is the last thing that had to be done, I heard a lot of resentment today about this, there wasn’t so much when the explosion was fixed ... Then if you did it, you need to cut everything .... And the first thing to start This is a torpedo smile, also with arson.

14. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

Rovio is not repairing this, they only say you got to be patient. Well im running out of patience. Last rivalry for me not to let my guildmates down but im done with this stupid organized game

Last edited: 15 Feb 2019
    Beau and PallabKumarS like this.
  15. Subbie the Blaster

Ehhhh wot

16. Kon-Tiki

Kon-Tiki New Member

Beau likes this.
  17. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Search for the terms "infamy floor" because players requested it and you're living with the consequences of devs listening .. be sure to thank them :D

envylife and Agile Vanguard like this.
  18. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Wait wait you've gotta be kidding . Let me get get this straight.
    They actually implemented an infamy floor to stop infamy tanking .
    They did not remove the 800 infamy loss penalty that was the supposed reason for implementing the infamy floor .
    Wait wait really . They really did this .
    Now when a player loses 800 infamy he gets the no tanking penalty when its impossible to tank infamy for easier rewards because they implemented a no tanking floor .
    Are they really that incompetent are am I just missing something g that bad . . Reading this post I see these guys have lost infamy and are getting the penalized for it and still playing battles at the same infamy lvl as before.
    My conclusion ::
    A. Infamy floor working as intended .
    B: Infamy tanking working as intended .
    C: Infamy tanking penalty needed removing or reworked long ago.
    D: Adding infamy floor with out removing infamy penalty completely STUPID AS !&-&@
    E: LMMFAO AHHHHHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA BREATH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    NO WAIT WAIT NO THEY DID NOT AHAHHAHAHAHAHhHH WTF
    OH HOW I HOPE IM WRONG BUT NOTHING STUPID THEY DO WOULD BE SHOCKING AT THIS POINT.

19. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

thats the way it is bro. Rovio said it will reset itself after a while, well im 4 months further and still playing
    against 3500 infamy guys (i was coming from 3000). so its impossible to get up.

20. Subbie the Blaster