1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

question to repair ship users

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by wusolja, 7 Feb 2019.

1. wusolja

wusolja Member

Why do you arm yourselves with a load of crap? mines only, torpedoes only, mortars only. always have to be reliant on someone else saving your behinds. 9 outta 10 they can't pull back a win even though it's in their favor because of mentioned weapons being useless at close range. literally runned circles around. Same for Speeders............

i would really love a one vs one gameplay option. i'm tired of being reliant on random incompetent one dimensional playing "team-mates".

2. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    (Some notable examples that might dispel the illusion of these being bad weapons for a fixer: CyC, dual mine fixer, used to stay in top 10/20.. Dr. Who, torp/mine fixer.. often around 5k.. etc.. there are many more. Are you sure you aren't just seeing bad players, and not bad weapons?)

Last edited: 8 Feb 2019
  3. Earel

Earel Active Member

Because fixer-support sucks in close range battle...
    Flare + stun or burst damage = gg.
    Mb some do guild quests, so use one type of weapon.
    Fixer got a lot of slots and a lot of job to do... so long cd weapon pref - torp/railgun/firebomb/ some sort of 2point weapon and mine for protection and space, - simply like it is.

ShipCrusherCz and Sidd gamer like this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Honestly, a good Fixer can carry wins without even firing a shot. Having a Fixer is huge strategic advantage for your team — it shouldn’t even matter what his weapons are. What matters is whether his teammates are smart enough to use their advantage.

The Fixer’s only job is repairing other ships. Your job is protecting the Fixer, and not getting yourself killed before he can heal you up. If the Fixer ends up alone, in a game where your team had the upper hand, then that’s totally your fault — you didn’t do your job properly.

As for weapons... Fixers can’t just lock a target, and keep mashing the fire button (they’re not Shooters:rolleyes:). They need to constantly switch back and forth between teammates and unfriends when they want to shoot, which is quite a juggling act. Their ‘available attention’ is pushed to the limit much more than any other ship, so it becomes their most valuable resource. Shooters think Battle Bay is Duke Nukem, but for Fixers it’s more like Star Craft.

It makes sense for them to use weapons that have a high DPS and long cooldown, so they can do all their damage in one shot. They therefore minimise the time they spend ‘not fixing’, and maximise their DPS by not leaving weapons idling.

Mines also work well because they don’t require much aiming, they don’t require exposing yourself to enemy fire, and they help to protect against Speeders. I play Speeder, so I can confirm that Mine Fixers are Infuriatingly effective.

Fixers aren’t really built for combat. They have the joint-least firepower in the game, and they don’t have anywhere near the agility or survivability of a Speeder. So no matter what they equip, they’ll probably be at a disadvantage in 1v1s.

It doesn’t make sense for them to focus on being better at 1v1s (which they’ll probably lose anyway), when it means sacrificing their ability to support the team — which is what they are best at.

That’s actually ‘kind of’ hilarious... Don’t you main a Shooter? :D

Last edited: 8 Feb 2019
  5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Cant say it better than @ViscountSniffit has above.
    Fixers which ignore healing to constantly shoot off cannons and flares are much less effective than the ones who just focus on fixing and throw out mines when they don't have anybody to heal.

6. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Cause he didn't leave anything to be said:p,

I really hate that the forum now is full of long, very long, posts.

7. ViscountSniffit

A fair point.

I’ll try to be more concise in future, just for you <3

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I smell a comment to myself lmao :D

Nikkie! and Kurd1stan. like this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wym?

ShipCrusherCz and Sidd gamer like this.
  10. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

I meant you at the first then all others:p.

11. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Tl;dr

You're wrong. I'd rather have a fixer on my team than you, every time

12. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    [​IMG]

pulse and repair box launcher are for people who are smart and stay close to the fixer. bolt is for saving your idiotic teammate who is about to die halfway across the map screaming help. duct tape is to save the fixer, either because the fixer is stupid or the team is stupid.

Sidd gamer and Djradnad like this.
  13. Weeze

Weeze Well-Known Member

So wrong lol

14. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Pulse heals Defenders, because they're slow and fat and nice to stick close to, like a Remora on a shark.
    Pulse also heals Shooters, if there aren't any Defenders to hang around with.

Repair Box heals Speeders and Enforcers, when they come by for fix-ups.

Repair Bolt heals everyone as well as giving them a cup of hot cocoa and a warm blanket to get rid of frost, and a boxing-coach shoulder massage to shake off stuns. It also does this from across the map so I can stay cozy and safe with my current Defender/Shooter buddy.

And Duct Tape heals Reapers.

15. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    alright, you're weeze, you probably know a lot more than me. educate me, if you'd like. im just going from my perspective at my infamy. it feels a lot like fixers only run repair bolts and people rely extremely heavily on very powerful bolts to save them when they're doing something crazy stupid. also duct tape.. eh. it could be used effectively, like an attacking fixer with one tape and two pulses. i love that setup. anyways, i meant more like repair pulse and boxes are better items overall if your team plays well. pulses have huge healing potential for those that are smart and stay close, and boxes are just like bolts, except they can heal the fixer and stay in the water, but sacrifice the infinite range. anyways, thats just me :/

also i sort of meant it as a joke

Ultrah likes this.
  16. Earel

Earel Active Member

@Alpakaa , bolt the best healing item for support, bolt got the highest hps that’s all.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I am having great success lately with bolt, pulse and tape.
    Covered for all scenarios.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Same. I can get back into the fight quicker with a tape and a half and I’m much more confident in the battlefield.

19. ViscountSniffit

In my experience, Tape is not a good item on a healer. I’ve definitely had games, where I know I could have won, if the healer hadn’t been wasting time, healing himself.

I definitely notice when I have to wait 33% longer for healing. It means more time on low health, more time trying to make myself easy to hit, and more time out of the game, instead of out, wrecking stuff.

To make matters worse, tape Fixers also have a nasty habit of wondering out into fire-zones — that’s not where I want to have to meet you if I’m damaged, and you’re slow at healing.

Please stop using tape, and start using cover, we’ll both live longer. And I guarantee, when the rest of the team is dead, and there are still 3 enemy Shooters trying to kill you — I’m much better company than a Tape.

Nikkie! likes this.
  20. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Insulting us fixers?