1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Bhurt's Burn'n'Burst: An Interceptor Loadout

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Redneck Messiah, 11 Feb 2019.

1. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Lately I've been tooling around in casual with my Interceptor, because it's a fun little ship that I don't use nearly often enough (MUST--FARM--LEVELS!!!!). I've been experimenting with some different loadouts, but THIS one came about as a result of me trying to complete an "All Fire" guild quest. I nicknamed it Bhurt's Burn'n'Burst, because it's a catchy name and the build deserves it. This, ladies, gentlemen, and unfriends, is BHURT'S BURN'N'BURST:
    IMG_2150.jpg
    As you can see, this uses the following red items: A wildfire standard torp, a flare gun, a burn-boosted chill blast cannon, and a firebomb. It is effective up close and at medium-long range. The classic combo of flare/blast gives it a powerful one-two punch of burst damage, and the wildfire torp and firebomb chain well with the other weapons and give the Interceptor the gear to contest the ranging superiority of a sniping Shooter or Defender. The standard torp also has the benefits of having a short activation distance and being ready in a pinch, allowing you to always be ready to defend yourself. The ship is decently tanky, and has the speed to dodge mortars and get around the map, and is capable of decimating opponents by laying into them with a barrage of firepower. Torp, FB, flare-blast burst, more torps... Basically a Yeet-in-a-Can. This setup suits duelists and assassins extremely well, because it allows them to control the field and dominate in virtually any situation. And what with @TheAntiSnipe's playstyle thread classifying me as a rogue of those two classes, I thoroughly enjoy this setup. Anyone looking to get into Interceptor: Bhurt's Burn'n'Burst is a great starting point.

Thoughts?

Last edited: 11 Feb 2019
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i will replace standard torpedo with my standard cannon and maybe i will put a exp cannon as we can put 2 two point weapons and 2 single point to take maximum advantage .

3. Redneck Messiah

I prefer the torp for versatility reasons. And you'll never convince me that excannon is better than blast.

Just because you CAN have two two-pointers, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

4. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    not for you but for my setup :)

5. Redneck Messiah