1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper Cannon vs Long Range Mortar

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Anonim23, 9 Feb 2019.

1. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

I just got both weapons at level 1 epic. Since I don't have the parts to level up both I have to choose only one (for now). Which one would you recommend? I have 2 uncommon crit chance for sniper for 2.5% both, which make for a total 20% crit chance (with the talents). Also could you recommend other good long range weapons?

2. ChickenSurprise

ChickenSurprise Active Member

Healing you up
    Depends on your ship and other weapons. A picture of them would help

3. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

The sniper in the image is the one I mentioned in the first post

[​IMG]

4. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

For your captain level, infamy, tier and setup i say mortar.

5. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    I agree with you:)

Because you already have so much cannons, I’d suggest mortar, so you have the opportunity to hide when needed. Also a pro is that in some cases (like ChillZone(maybe you didn’t unlock it yet)) a mortar is verryyy favorable to have:)

About other long range weapons... You can use torpedo’s (triple, big, swift or standard) and I think Railgun can come far also, but I’m not a huge fan of RG, so for that you’d need to ask someone else

Here was my opinion and I hope this message isn’t too long XD

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  6. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Definitely mortar, seeing as you have a few point-damage weps already.

For long-range weapons besides LRM and sniper cannon, all four torpedoes are excellent. Railguns are also a good fit for most ships. They have unlimited range, like torpedoes, except you do need to be careful not to hit a wave with the straight shot. The missile launcher is also a superb choice. It has a long range, and it is effective up close, far out, and in the middle.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2019
  7. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

Thanks for the tips. I have tried big torpedo and triple torpedo before and I can barely hit asomething at mid to low range with them. I find it impossible to hit something at long range with them without pure luck. As for the railgun, I have a level 11 rare railgun which deals 100 more damage than my rare explosive, but it has more than double cooldown time so the damage is not worth it. Also the railgun is almost useless in maps with big waves such as subzero and it's damage gets reduced in close range so it's almost impossible to hit faster ships such as speeders and enforcers with this weapon.

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  8. Redneck Messiah

Railguns are long range weapons. They suck in melees and against yellow boats, but at long range they can mop the floor with slow, "tanky" boats. And besides, you're asking about a shooter... By the time you've fired the railgun and cycled through lining up and firing everything else, odds are it's nearly reloaded. Waves also are a problem, but if you can get on top of one and make sure the reticle is green before you shoot, you should be good.

Big and triple torpedoes do take more skill to aim. Swift and standard are faster and reload more quickly, so they are significantly easier to hit shots with. My advice is to use one of these and get good at consistently hitting with it before you try a big or a triple.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

So?

:p.

Nikkie! likes this.
  10. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Why not use both, with a railgun for that long range :p

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. THUNDER DRAGON

THUNDER DRAGON New Member

what is the gun beside explosive cannoon looks like a new one

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Redneck Messiah

How long has it been since you've played the game, if you don't mind my asking?

that's the Gatling gun. Added in September, if my memory serves... easily the worst of the two new (non-original) red items, and a good candidate for worst new item, period.

Standard torpedo, big bandage, defense wall, and cleanse pulse are easily better... defense aura and bolster armor are kind of on the same tier.

Last edited: 10 Feb 2019
    TheAntiSnipe and Nikkie! like this.
  13. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

Use both... Screenshot_2019-02-10-08-59-38-308_com.rovio.battlebay.png Screenshot_2019-02-10-08-59-55-697_com.rovio.battlebay.png

14. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i prefer long range mortar as you can use it above the waves and obstacles . you should make it level 10 by grinding gold and buying parts from market . i have t2 epic sniper dmg is too low . maybe by training it can improve .

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Anonim23

Anonim23 Member

I am now using both of them, but only leveled the long range mortar to level 6. It is indeed a deadly combo. It almost doubled the damage I usually deal in a match and as an added bonus I stay alive longer because I can now fight from a safe distance and not only mid and close range. Thank you all for the tips

17. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i am using standard cannon which have 32.5 range but only 3.9 second cooldown with long range and firebomb . its also work in same way i can battle from a decent distance and stay alive for long .