1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Post 4.2 Important Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 15 Jan 2019.

1. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

thanks for the advice bro. M playing for more than 2 years so i know the drill. It doesnt matter shit what i do.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

What i do is play ranked and see what the outcome is, with losses change setup, play with higher ranked infamy players and stop if it doesnt work. Im doing this already for 3 weeks now coming from 3k infamy. So i tried 3,4 battles every day. There i arrived at 1200 infamy. So dont think im banging my head against a wall

Last edited: 2 Feb 2019
    Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

What ship are you running. I've notice that for most who dig into that hole it's almost impossible to get out using shooter or defender. The team tactis that worked at 3k don't at 1500 because they don't play together at those lower levels. I'd do a yellow boat or fixer and make goal #1 be don't die. You'll get enough opponents who make dumb mistakes at the end if you're alive to take advantage of them that you'll be able to start the climb back up.

4. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

What is it with this company and persisting with the new event mode even though a lot of players have stated they hate or don’t like it. Are the devs trying to drive all but the most hardcore out of the game cause I for one am totally sick of the devs ignoring players opinions now over the drive for profit( their short term view of profits above customer satisfaction only works for short time then when enough potential customers driven away games fails).

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Skirra08

Uhh don't play it. If nobody plays it they'll be forced to drop it. All the complaining in the world won't work if the gameplay numbers tell them it's a hit or at least no worse than any other mode.

Sidd gamer and envylife like this.
  6. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

E

To answer that I haven’t played it since the first time it appeared as I can’t stand it as I think the fact that only damage on last ship counts for guild quests totally sucks as do the coins disappearing when event over.

7. Skirra08

Without data its hard to tell if it's a flop or not. I don't play HCTDM much but when I do it has the shortest load times which makes me think that my opinion which has become it mostly sucks (from my initial impression that it is kinda fun) is maybe not the majority.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

Thanks for your advice bro. I played mainly shooter. Yesterday i tried enforcer and won 3 in a row but then i ran out of luck. lol
    I think i just have to be patient till the algoritme turns in my favore

9. Skirra08

I asked this on discord but the only person who answered clearly didn't know.

Anybody know what happens when you die but the match ends before you respawn in HCTDM. Does the system treat the first ship as your only ship or does the last ship rule kick in as soon as you die. (I had 2 ships equipped for the match)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. Skirra08

In a related question does anybody know how HCTDM and kill them all daily quests work. For example I have enforcer, fixer, and shooter to kill to complete the quest. Does only the one I kill with my last ship count? Do I get credit for both if I were to kill the same persons enforcer and fixer?

11. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

so here my conversation with rovio support. Support is only for problems paying rovio ;) but the guy still gave me an answer.
    so some innocent players are affected but it should all be good at some point. Yea right. 2 months further and still 2k infamy down. And still playing ace 1 and nm players

Attached Files:

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

That tanking logic has been there forever. If your infamy drops, then at some point you stop earning rewards until you get your infamy back up, its not a bug. Also just some advice, but having 3 of the same weapon usually doesnt give that much of an advantage, as well as having a green piece on your ship. Also, when I play as shooter, I have the same exact experience. I gain 0 infamy, constantly in top 2 in dmg averaging between 15-20k and always get stuck with ships that contribute 1000 or less. Rovio wants you to mindlessly spam the game in order to make progress. If you really want infamy, the only way Ive found is to switch to a speeder and assume that you have to completely dominate to win. I think only a speeder can single-handedly dictate the outcome of a battle.

Sidd gamer and Frenchdutchy like this.
  13. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Software geek and developer
    Ohh ENOUGH of this "Tanking" bullshit
    Nobody tanks infamy..nobody..they know they wont get season rewards and your so called punishment...
    So now tell me..
    Even the mods are trying to cover up by saying people are "tanking " infamy..
    No one replys to actual reason that MM sucks!!!
    Are u listening mods and MVPs...i have read all this thread..and only thing u reply is people " tank" infamy...
    My many friends are so fed up of being below 1000...and even if they try they cant go up?? Why??? And they get matched up with above 2000 infamy?? Why??? Do u have a answer??? Why????
    Isnt it enouhe to show that MM sucks...are we all stupid writing on this forum on behalf of our guild mates....
    Shame

14. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

Ok, MM sucks! Now what?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. Suraj69k

Suraj69k Member

Software geek and developer
    What do u think u can do..it is not in any of our hands
    Only the devs can improve the algorithm.... If they want to take the pain

16. Ekans_Hissy

Ekans_Hissy Member

Honestly so tired of losing games because of bad teams, players who suicide early or ones that refuse to stick together. It's also annoying when you win with a floater on your team and they get the same infamy gain for doing nothing. I think stars should (at least to some degree) reflect the amount of infamy lost or gained. This would also help to reduce the amount of infamy lost (over time) for good players who are simply matched with a bad team.

17. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

ok bro thanks, will try that.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. Frenchdutchy

Frenchdutchy New Member

Totally agree bro. And its not logical, if you get fed up loosing all the time, you stop playing the game. Guess thats not what Rovio wants because its there income.
    SO MPV'S AND MODS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. PEOPLE ARE LEAVING THE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS

Sidd gamer and Suraj69k like this.
  19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Exactly right. Saving wait time just to throw players into a frustrating match is a sure path to failure. The only way ranked matchmaking works is with tight Infamy boundaries... if players have to wait a bit longer, isn't that still a better experience in the end?

20. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    Honestly I thought that Christmas will bring Santa's ship™ to the Bay lol. Don't really get why std torp is weaker than swift torp. Apart from that, I'm confident with the updates.

Sidd gamer likes this.