1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove casual during events

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by MatthewNGBA, 4 Feb 2019.

1. MatthewNGBA

MatthewNGBA Member

The wait time for me right now is getting ridiculous, i waited over a minute 2 times in a row for event to start, second time i just left game and came here to post this and after this I’m gonna do something other than play battle bay since im not interested in waiting for battles to start. Wait times during events are regularly long enough to make people wanna leave and do something else. There are too many game modes to pick from, if u want to keep casual, then only allow it while event is not going on... i personally dont care much for casual and wish they would just get rid of it, but i understand that at least some people like it... i thought after a couple weeks nobody was gonna play it since vip players cant get gold bonus and others cant watch video for reward. But it looks like we are stuck with it now... if people dont want to do ranked, they can do events and when event is over, they can do casual. But wait times are ridiculous and its because of the introduction of a third game mode.

2. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

Remove events in this case, casual is much better ;)

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Matchmaking is so bad in HCTDM why would anyone under NML want to play it? (hint: it's RNG). Fix that first and then we can talk about mode restrictions.

4. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    they should increase duration of event so people don't have to rush into events just to get coins in limited time . if events were like 3-4 days long then people can play it like 200 coins per day and casual ramked mix .

5. envylife

I agree, but thing is, the devs do not want to give out perks. They either want you to pay cash, or do hard core grinding in a short time, making it excessively difficult for most players.

6. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I'm interested in playing events if only for ship pieces to develop interceptor and green Millenium Falcon.

I understand why many people don't like the multiple-boat events. It's gut wrenching watching your teammate spawn in with under-equipped boats. I've been guilty of this as I can only reasonably outfit two boats at 10k+ gear score and the other ships are languishing as storage vehicles with gear scores around 3k to 5k.

Multiple boat events are actually fun, BUT... I'm don't want to play the multiple boat events until contribution from all used boats is properly tallied with respect to guild quests. I'm not blowing 2x and 5x guild boosts to have the wrong boat/weapons count towards guild quests (since it appears that only your live ship appears to be tallied at end of round).

Until contributions are properly tallied, I'm not interested in playing multi-ship events.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2019
    ShipCrusherCz, guykakin, XQT and 4 others like this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I don’t ‘want’ to play in events. The game modes are unimaginative, the strategy is non-exist, and the rewards are just soul destroying.

Maybe when there was no other good option for questing, I had to suffer through the endless 5v5 TDMs, but I’m not even bothering to click ‘enter’ anymore. Events can kiss my ass!

And I don’t even want to know what’s going on with Ranked at the moment.

Casual is the only place left where you can just play Battle Bay.

I say get rid of Events. The devs obviously can’t be bothered to make them interesting anymore, and half the playerbase can’t be bothered to grind through them either. Good riddance!

8. envylife

Well said.

Ranked is just stupid at this point... I played a few, generally 1000-1200 Infamy deltas in my matches, which is half of my entire Infamy. That's not ranked. that's a travesty. I mean seriously, if it isn't possible to put together a match of equals in a ranked match, don't have it impact Infamy. And don't have these pseudo ranked matches affect league rewards. This game is going down the toilet faster than I can type complaints.

I'd also agree to kill events at this point. Take whatever rewards they think they are offering in events and make RNG boxes out of that crap.

9. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Well
    I only played casual and nothing else since the update.
    Its fun

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

It seems true, that casual mode destroyed the balance of the ranked match making. However I am discouraged to play HCTDM sometimes due to the fact only the last ship counts for quests. I appreciate a lot that casual mode exists as I can do more for guild quest. Rovio should simply make ranked more attractive. They increased the rewards, but maybe not enough. We still receive season rewards even we don't play any ranked.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

No, I love casual mode. It's about all I play now. If I don't like the event, then what else am I supposed to play?

12. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

You are supposed to play the event tho.

Last edited: 7 Feb 2019
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I honestly will never understand why companies blow off their costumers (in this case the player-base) by using greedy business practices instead of producing content that people enjoy. Companies like this (EA) always get screwed in the longterm because of this.

14. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Public companies and big shot executives, usually can’t see beyond the next 6 months, when they have to report their ‘profits’ to shareholders.

Cash grabs and cost cutting are more expedient ways to temporarily boost profits, and justify your big bonus cheque. Long term investment in something good is not incentivised. Investors are fickle, and CEOs often don’t last very long if they’re not paying dividends in the short term.

15. envylife

Sacrifice long term for short term? Yea, that pretty much defines public companies.

16. envylife

It is worth pointing out that this isn't actually true. Ranked matchmaking can be done accurately, but the devs choose not to, and it's not because of Casual.

Yes Casual does pull attention from ranked, and with less players in ranked the devs believe that players want quicker matches more so than competitive matches, so to avoid a long wait they just throw whatever scrubs are available and pretend the match is still worthy of Infamy adjustment. This is 100% False.

Ranked matches are frequently not competitive/fair with huge disparities in Infamy, and feeding these flawed results into the League system now makes the League system flawed. In other words, it's not because of the existence of Casual and Events, it's because the Devs chose to turn ranked matches into RNG by not enforcing tighter Infamy constraints amongst participants in all matches. Why should a 3700 Infamy player impact the Infamy of a 2500 Infamy player? Why should a 1900 Infamy player impact the Infamy of a 3000 Infamy player? That's how the ranked matches work currently.

There are only two solutions:
    1. Force all players into ranked a majority of the time. A ranking system has to have full participation and constant input to be accurate.
    2. Get more players. I.e., advertise the game.

Ultimately both are required, but in a super-long progression system as is Battle Bay (2 Years to a full T5E maxed out boat for F2P), Rovio is now 2 years behind the curve, and will likely never recover to get what they want: fast AND accurate matchmaking because they failed to continually replenish the player base with marketing. This is why most players play in events and casual and not ranked. If ranked can't enforce tighter matchmaking I'd argue that ranked is the mode that needs to go, along with the league system.

guykakin likes this.
  17. guykakin

guykakin Member

I've only played casual and events after casual was introduced. Ranked is worthless . Get rid of infamy the whole thing doesn't make sense. If the claims are true that your supposed to be pushed toward 50% wins most played would have 0 inf .

18. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

The long progression is where the devs failed in this game. The long progression was fine at global launch but the training for items before the Gatling Gun should be cut in half by now. There are no more whales like AM, Bunta, and Banderas. The devs still holding on hope such whales come along again. Most games allow you to get to the end game in 6-12 months and let skills take over. B.B. is purely P2W. F2P will never have anything close to T5L. Zeus and the team want to make legendary perks to feel legendary, and that was just for perks. Their legendary greed is what killing the game right now. Asking people to play multiple ships when they can’t even fill out 1 ship with all T5E after almost 2 years.

19. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

You do understand basically the only enjoyable events is deathmatch mode?

HCTM is broken in matchmaking and CtF is broken in rewards - one of my friends test out that actually its more time-efficient to earn coins by foul play (floating, working against your own team, etc) in these two modes, especially in CtF.

If not for perks I'd say remove all of the new cancers but hardcore ranked games like old times.