1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply BB lore?

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by Epekka, 7 Oct 2017.

1. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Ok it's in damage depot, so I guess I was just sharing old news, it's at the back of the map.

2. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Guys I got more. Screenshot_2018-12-24-04-58-46-38.png what in hell happened in the island???

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. Guncaptain809

They drowned, some maybe killed themselves instead of suffering through the apocalypse.

4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It's hilarious how this thread resurfaces every couple of months with screenshots of the same stuff lmao

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  5. Guncaptain809

Nobody is bothered to reread it lmao

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

There's a lot to read here and a lot of it is pretty interesting.
    It's worth a good read through

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  7. Guncaptain809

I've already read it, can't be bothered for reread it.

8. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Let's necro this shit.

While cruising through the Fighthouse, as one does, I chanced upon this. (note the part I circled using my magical photo editing skillz)
    hey guys i found some lore.jpg
    As you can see, the image on that box bears a suspicious resemblance to the chain-gear setup found on speeders, and clearly visible on the mark 1-3 (maybe 4) models. We knew that the battlers were scrounging human junk to build their ships and weapons... but this appears to be an industrial/military grade component (note the symbol of the Happy Oil Corporation) rather than something Bhurt and Mortimer slapped together in a cave using more Scotch tape than they'd probably like to admit. Just an interesting little detail I don't think anyone else has seen.

Note: As I was typing this, I noticed that the same component appears on the blue-green barrel to the box's left. Hmm... I wonder where else this thing is, and we haven't seen it because we're too busy lobbing napalms downfield.

9. Guncaptain809

You necro’d a post to post about some gears?

10. Redneck Messiah

I don't tell you how to live your life ;)

StrictSalmon307 and R4Z0R like this.
  11. Guncaptain809

I think this is basically the exception to that though, since this thread is so large. And it’s interesting to see people throw their two cents into the pile after reading through it.

12. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

well heres three cents if you don't mind me doing so :p

13. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    xD

14. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

Maybe that image of the speeder tracks wasn’t there before, but then we didn’t need a rudder or gear lube anymore because happy oil took over the market as we can see by them clearly supplying this box of oil for our tracks XD

15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Here's some more food for thought then.

Looking carefully, you'll realize that there's TWO main schools of design in BB.

One focuses on making the best out of the wasteland. The Enforcer, Speeder, Interceptor and the Fixer seem to belong to this category.

The other style seems to be heavily funded by a secret organization that builds ships from scratch. The organization seems to be the Nuevo Ocean Incorporated(N.O.I).
    The Guardian, Reaper and Shooter belong to this style.

The interesting thing is, regardless of ship make, all weapons are confirmed to be from the N.O.I's "R&D Department"(look at the specific weapons crates sometime ;) )

The war is basically two parties fighting to secure objectives. On CnB, for example, the cap zone is the only places where the suitcases are. Intel grab? Likely. Chillzone's cap point, for example, is basically the mouth of the Subzero submarine.

There's a lot of evidence to suggest that these are territorial wars over a flooded wasteland, with one side having the backing of an evil supercorporarion and the other being rebels with nowhere to go.

16. Redneck Messiah

Yeah... there's the group that looks kind of cobbled together, and then the streamlined, flawless war machines...

And this theory is supported by the evidence of the existing treads incorporated into the speeder, the tire/life preserver bases for the defender/fixer, the defender's exposed wiring, the interceptor's bare-bones design, the enforcer using a car battery instead of an internal power source like literally everything else... Food for thought here. I have a theory about the origins of some of the Bay's ships/items, which I'll compose into something coherent. Stay tuned, everyone!

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. Redneck Messiah

So... Thanks to evidence uncovered through analysis of maps, models, and existing lore, we know about the rebel faction, with their cobbled-together ships (defender, speeder, enforcer, interceptor, fixer), and the resource rich remains of NOI/Happy Oil, with the streamlined, sturdy shooter, reaper, and guardian, which have a notable absence of human junk among their components. We also know about the NOI's R&D department, which is laying claim to the variety of items present in the Bay. Here's my theory on how some of this stuff came about:

So, we know that NOI and megacorps like Happy Oil engineered humans into a compact warrior subspecies to fight in the flooding world at the Wayward Institute. Presumably, the NOI had the foresight to produce equipment for said warriors, rather than hurling them at the DIE and hoping for the best. I theorize that most red/yellow/green items and all teals were designed by the NOI to fit the three ships they designed for their pet project: Shooter, Reaper, and Guardian. (as for how green items work: I theorize that the ships are composed primarily of an alloy that has the capacity to regenerate itself when exposed to "green energy," which the green items are capable of supplying in different ways, but that's besides the point.) Now, during the oft-discussed uprising of the subspecies, suppose that only some revolted, and a few remained loyal to NOI... these loyalists continue to operate the NOI fleet in a war against the rebels.

The rebels, meanwhile, probably escaped Wayward Institute with very little, if nothing, of the NOI's superior technology. So, they used the junk they found to build a variety of ships, all geared towards collaborative strategies, to battle it out with the NOI, taking on a better equipped foe through surprise, speed, and working together: Speeder, Defender, Fixer, Enforcer, and Interceptor. And they didn't end there. From scrap machinery and Duracell batteries, they made the Tesla Bolt, capable of disabling NOI technology. From nuts, piping, and other knicknacks, they made the Blast Cannon and Ballpark Mortar, strong weapons that could give NOI Shooters a run for their money. By modifying rolls of Duct Tape and Bandages with "Green Energy" production cells, they created items that would keep them in the fight and allow them to outlast the NOI's Guardians and Reapers. From scrap metal, they created Shields, which could further armor and protect their ships. And by combining V8 engines with the Nitro substance, they invented the Overboost: An engine upgrade that could allow certain ships to run rings around the NOI's less agile craft. Using these, as well as the precious few NOI ships and items that they captured during their victories against their foe, they continue to battle over resource-rich areas and lost NOI blueprints that could give whichever side secures them the edge.

Note: Over time, and with the aid of the NOI technology they acquired, the rebels made several advancements, like modifying some of their defenders to utilize some of the teal items they'd begun to accumulate, as captured, functioning Guardians are in short supply.

Nikkie!, ShipCrusherCz, R4Z0R and 2 others like this.
  18. Redneck Messiah

My magical edits return!
    From these maps posted by @Dmg don, we can tell where the "Capital" of Baton Bay wound up on the Home Island:
    flooding.png flooding complete.png

From this, I have sectioned off the island into regions, for ease of lorekeeping. For each region, I've included our knowledge/theories and what maps it includes.
    home island map.png
    Red: The Iceberg. The Iceberg, afloat to the southeast of the main landmass, includes Cold Riddance, Chill Zone, and Sub Zero. It is the site of a disaster involving a submarine and some mining vehicles. The three maps are believed by some to be the same map in different time periods, changed by collapsing ruins and shifting ice, but this hasn't been entirely confirmed... or denied. Human survivors most likely existed in Sub Zero, which is probably shortly after the disaster because the submarine is most intact there (assuming the subs are one and the same, and the time period theory is correct.)
    Yellow: The Capital Wasteland. (yeah I play fallout, fight me.) This region includes Crash'n'Burn and The Foundry. This region is the former site of Baton Bay, or at least the industrial district. It was annihilated by an unknown cataclysm, potentially a reactor of some sort at Foundry. A recently crashed helicoper hints at very recent NOI activity in the region.
    Green: The Harbor. This region encompasses Midfight Movies, Destruct 9, and Damage Depot. Possibly another part of Baton Bay, or a nearby, less important city, this region has some connection with the Happy Oil Corporation and Mansinto Chemical, two companies which seem to have been contracted by the NOI to create war machines and defenses and were involved in the Wayward supersoldier experiments. The shipyard screen most closely resembles the Harbor's atmosphere, so I believe it to be the base of the rebel faction (but that's just me lol). It also includes the Midfight bunker, which was the last known large human settlement before it was breached and flooded for unknown reasons (Earthquakes? Rebels? Decay?).
    Blue: The Marsh. The Marsh encompasses the northern part of the Island, and includes Wayward Pains, Dropdead Gorge, The Fighthouse, Crude Awakenings, and Brawl Park. The area was heavily ravaged by flooding, and the activity of an unknown militant group in the Gorge. Whether this was the NOI, the rebel battlers, or some other party remains unknown. The light in the Fighthouse has led to rumors of human activity in the Marsh. And nobody knows what lurks in the depths of the ill-fated Wayward Institute, site of unspeakable experiments leading to the creation of the battler subspecies and their weaponry.

Feedback? Anything I forgot to include? Lemme know :)

Last edited: 3 Feb 2019
  19. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Sweet! Nice work bud, that was a good read

20. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I'm sure this symbol is well-known by the lore community as it's quite common in many maps, but can anyone explain what it means? I tried to think about it but failed to find any logical meaning..

IMG_20190202_231913.jpg