1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best tip to increase infamy. Tip by 3500 infamy & two years of BB experienced user

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DerrickRose, 30 Jan 2019.

1. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

I'm not sure how to define common but I face those situation daily. Are those 5 of the top 11 used fixer as main to get to the top? That can be my question. Most of my friends uses shooter as main but eventually they play fixer as well since they got fixer items for playing long time

Nikkie! likes this.
  2. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

A friend WZ Jeff and I both played mainly shooters or enforcer and made ace 3 around the same time floating between master 1 and ace 3 for a while around the low 2k infamy mark
    He changed up to fixer and with in weeks cleared 3k infamy after barely 3 months (might have been even sooner) of playing fixer he even made nightmare for a season before dropping back to ace 1
    Granted there have been a few updates since then but he’s still super strong as a fixer

3. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

48445A64-DAEA-4F57-8899-AF62251D978C.png
    Saidest part of life in the bay is when the infamy gap between you and your favourite fleet buddies gets too high :(

4. DerrickRose

Finally!

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Relatable :(

6. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

296B4D33-FD08-427B-8FBA-14272F58DCCE.png

I thought Fixer was the way to go. I don’t know if it’s still possible now, knowing even Ace 3 players have maxed out Epics. But when I was going up the ranks, everyone seemed to be progressing at the same pace. Sure miss those days. Terrible to see people stuck in 1,000, 2,000 and 3,000 infamy with maxed out items nowadays. :(

Nikkie!, ChickenSurprise and R4Z0R like this.
  7. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I feel no pity for them. They’re basically an invincible roadblock for new players, and it sucks.

Nikkie! and R4Z0R like this.
  8. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

I might add - Fleeting with good fixers helps a lot for progressing upwards. The downside is you can get dependent on that extra help or go too high too fast. And then the dreaded infamy penalty kicks in.

Does anyone know if there's a timed aspect to the infamy penalty? Like a cool down where after a week or 2 it gradually is removed. - if not, maybe that's a suggestion the devs could consider.

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Most people in NML have well over 8k battles .. especially if they're endlessly grinding events.

And I've played with several NML players that only play fixer in ranked (unless they're messing around with quests) ...

Off the top of my head:
    Dig.Bick and Barbados made it to NML 1 (5k infamy) as fixers ... I know because they both were fleeted with me at the time. Mon Cheri and Viking Girl have done it as fixers for a long time. Onoco and Hidekun are a few NML fixers from Japan. XerYs, usually one of the top ranked fixers, doesn't have all max epics .. She's f2p as far as I know.

So, if I were to give advice to new players that wanted to reach the top without spending money .. I'd suggest going with a fixer or speeder. Obviously it takes a great deal of skill too ..

Why?

People don't miss many shots directed at a shooter (with any weapon) so shooters have to hit a lot harder than most (and that costs money); interceptors, enfos and guardians require money or dumb luck RNG drops for specific items; defenders are terrible; and, reapers are easily countered by any speeder with a flare.

I have the attention span of a nat and the patience of a 3 year-old, which makes me an average speeder on my best day .. but I still view 1v2 odds in my favor .. and some 1v3.

Vermillion (f2p) went 20-0 against some excellent players in one of the toober events using the same loadout on his speeder .. Clearly, he has a tremendous understanding of the game, but he couldn't do that in any other ship.

Fixers are OP in the hands of a skilled player, but they are reliant on a good fleetmate .. They have to keep trading up for better partners to keep moving up .. but they can do it with rare items.

Nikkie!, R4Z0R and Cavy like this.
  10. DerrickRose

Good thoughts.
    is the point. If both shooter and fixer spend same less money, less skilled shooter go to the top easily since the fixer relies on to other members.

Nikkie!, TheAntiSnipe and R4Z0R like this.
  11. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190201-061435_Battle Bay.jpg

I don't make a habit of asking players what they spent but it doesn't look like the two fixers above me spent very much .. if anything. And, I've easily spent several hundred.

So .. no. Between a fixer and shooter with equal skill, spending the same amount, the fixer will reach much higher.

Most of the shooters you see over 5k have several T4+ legendaries (i.e., thousands spent).

XerYs had T1 legendaries and rares in her setup until recently and she has always finished above me .. I wouldn't be over 5k with items at that level.

And everyone at the top is relying on fleetmates.

The difference is that if I'm not doing spectacular, I lose .. no fixer can fix my aim or connection. But a fixer can drop a damage dealer doing poorly for a better partner .. and their success rate isn't as affected by lag.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2019
    Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

If you're talking solo levelling, without skill, shooter is probably the best. But no unskilled shooter will ever make NML.

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. DerrickRose

Dear Arrogance, Your picture is so arrogant that I can't say anything. :)

Last edited: 1 Feb 2019
  14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

@DerrickRose... Here is a screenshot of one of my good friends. He has been a Fixer since Day 1 and only plays Fixer in Ranked. He will hit Nightmare this season if he ever logs on to play. He's also one of the most skilled Fixers in the bay. If he had the proper items and time, he'd be 5k+.

IMG_6167.PNG

Fixer is by far the best ship in terms of infamy per gear score. Speeder also has a good argument. I'm a Speeder main.

Nikkie!, R4Z0R and envylife like this.