1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Still 0 damage...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Splatt1972, 2 Jan 2019.

1. Splatt1972

Splatt1972 Member

Rail gun and cannons still do 0 damage, near as I can tell, 1 in 3 shots will actually do damage...
    So if i carry 3 rail guns and 2 sniper cannons, at least 1 or 2 of them will actually do damage before the wait for cool down, but while using speeder, kind of sucks because after 1 shot, wait, run, hide, 1 shot, ect... :cool:

2. Splatt1972

Splatt1972 Member

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  3. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Last edited: 26 Jan 2019
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It seems to work most of the time for me. However, a couple times yesterday (different situations/matches) I hit someone with a canon right in front of me and no damage was registered. No nitro, and no waya boat could move out of the way that fast (aka, server lag), so it looked fairly fishy.

Splatt1972 likes this.
  5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure it’s just network lag. I will often have shots not registering (point blank), or I’ll acitivate my Tesla Shield, the cooldown timer starts, but no shield appears. I will also sometimes see myself sliding and jumping around during replays.

However, none of this happens when I’m sat near the router. It only happens in certain rooms, where the WiFi isn’t as good.

Nikkie! and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  6. Splatt1972

Splatt1972 Member

So I'm not the only one... phew

7. Splatt1972

Splatt1972 Member

I am always sitting right next to my router...

8. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

It happens sometimes, but I wouldn't say it happens 2 out of 3, more like 1 out of 10. I had a swift torpedo hit me dead in the face the other day and not register. I also landed a particularly long-range rail shot, almost spawn-to-spawn, and it only registered 400 damage (I had sight of him due to teammates). I'm still pretty mad about that one. Fact is, though, that torpedoes still instantly kill me 9.9 times out of 10, and my rail shots register their full damage the vast majority of the time. They can try to optimize their servers, but I'm not sure this is a problem they can reasonably fix.

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I disagree... it's unreasonable to have these kinds of unresolved bugs in a real-time PvP. Fact is, it used to work better than it does now.

10. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstand my point. When I say ‘sat near my router’ I’m talking about a 300mbps connection. When I say the WiFi in some rooms is ‘not as good’, I’m talking about (at worst) a stable 20mbps connection, sat next to a repeater (which is still very fast).

My observation is: 100+ mbps gives me a flawless Battle Bay experience. 20mbps gives me a flawless Netflix experience, but sometimes causes unregistered hits on BB.

Proximity to ‘a’ router is not what is important. What matters is the speed of your connection through that router. Run a speed test like this* from your device, and post back.

F6A4398C-7C98-41E3-B9F9-0E05341DD990.jpeg

Nikkie! and StrictSalmon307 like this.