1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guardian strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Guncaptain809, 23 Jan 2019.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Anyway, Project Guardian is on hold for me until I finish up on Project Chrysalis(developing top-tier 2 slot red items) but, from what I've seen, one can categorize Guardians into two types:

1. Selfish Guardian:

The selfish Guardian is a double wall/double bolster user who wants to use the Guardian as a slightly squishier Defender(with respect to base stats). Until people fully understand that yhe Guardian is a frontline team support, this class of Guardian is going to ROCK. After that, I personally believe that it'll be overshadowed by it's more mature older brother.

2. Support/Vanguard Guardian

Always at the head of the charge, with the team single-file behind him, drawing aggro with the Aura, removing debuffs with the Cleanse, and helping either himself or his team with the Wall or the Bolster. This Guardian is rare right now, but once people understand how to best assist a Guardian and move in formation with him, it'll be a steamroller.

2. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

A big yes.

Usually, the team dont know how to play,
    They just brawl like zombies and kill themself.
    Few will hide behind my wall.

The satisfaction blocking a red circle is ..... Undescribable.

More fun than being selfish fixer.

Nikkie! and Ultrah like this.
  3. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

A5E2A381-D63C-41BE-BFAB-D9AFC41FE39E.jpeg

I agree though. I love being able to stop Firebombs and Explosive Cannons. Torpedoes are another story though.

Nikkie! and Sewah like this.
  4. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I hate torp.

Ultimate Selfish Fixer is a dying bread as the firepower capabilities of most players are so huge even 1 vs 1 is very challenging.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2019
    Nikkie! likes this.
  5. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

While I hope more people start to use this boat, what I’m hoping for is new players being drawn to the Guardian because otherwise I can’t imagine it gaining much of a foothold otherwise, since older players would probably rather to continue to use things they’re already familiar with. Now of coarse I’d love to be proven wrong, and I already have judging by Grand Paladin (and Sewah apparently). I think the problem though stems from the Guardians low firepower and slow speed, lack of extra score from using defense aura and cleanse pulse. Also unlike repair pulse, the cleanse pulse doesn’t remove debuffs on your own boat, which to me is a major drawback. That actually gave me a good idea for a new teal item, it would basically be a 2 slot that removes debuffs from you own boat, except it’s even stronger than cleanse pulse. Anyway, I think Guardian can be very good but it’s very difficult to use and there hasn’t been enough time for people to quite get down all the nuances of using it.

6. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

So true.

Tbh, i like guardian, but i hate rng.
    The rng to get even common wall is also seems hard.

Guncaptain809 likes this.