1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

ideas for balancing mines/torpedoes?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by medicine_man, 1 Aug 2018.

?

what do you think should be done to balance mines/torps?

1. limit the number of shots you have while increasing damage

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. just lower the damage entirely

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. git gud

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  4. delet this

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  1. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

1 i don't play Pixel crap 3d i played the PC beta version in mid 2016
    and i just like this weapon thats how i got my battle bay ingame name, ill change my avatar when i get my RailGun to T3.
    2 you play Fortnut? Cx
    3 i wasn't very interested in forums but the community was evolving fast and i wanted to keep in track.
    4 im 14
    5 what is memeber?

Last edited: 2 Aug 2018
  2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Tier IV rares don’t do crap anymore

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  3. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    Wat you’ll be.
    I’m a younger person and I can make crappy ideas, like knowing that you used a pixel gun weapon as your name :cool:
    I didn’t even like fortcraft.
    The forums is where you suggest and reply to ideas etc

4. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

reading this really hurts my brain

5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I still have my rare blast and ex cannon LOL

6. Ang Panday

Ang Panday New Member

Try using Big Torp in NML and you will find-out that it is very difficult to hit your opponents because they are faster especially yellow boats and interceptors and soon you will find another weapon to replce it. Developers must increase its maximum speed of 5 to 10 but lower down its damage for balance.

NML, John Allen and Hellcat_17 like this.
  7. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

I would've liked your post if it was about mines but torps are different, and require skill. You have torp spam but you can run and change positions. Yes people run into them and people have like blind shots, but they don't ruin the battle the way many tdm battles are ruined by giant mine fields with no place to go.

R4Z0R, ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Torps crit but not very often and not with double the normal damage

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

This thread was ded for a reason lmao

R4Z0R, Nikkie!, ShipCrusherCz and 2 others like this.
  10. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

This is actually pretty funny post. You're saying big torpedo speed should be increased from 5 to 10 and lower damage in the process. But surprise! There's already a weapon called "swift torpedo" and the last time I checked it has the speed of 9,9. The damage is also ~45 % lower than big torp. So your request is already solved ;)

But if you don't like to use swift torpedo because it ain't got that nice smiley face on its head, don't give up just yet. You can also manually lower big torp's damage and increase speed by placing torpedo speed perks. Unfortunately four epic perks will only make your big torpedo speed up to ~7 but it will still have higher damage than swift torp. But as you see, torpedos are already quite well balanced.

11. John Allen

John Allen New Member

12. John Allen

John Allen New Member

It is true.

NML likes this.
  13. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    I don't have a problem with Torpedoes, but the mine spamming can become quite enraging.
    One idea for a fix: They could make it so that the amount of time your mines sit on the board decreases the more Mines you equip. (Ex. On a ship with one Mine equipped, the Mine explodes after 90 seconds. On a ship with three Mines equipped, each one might only last 60 seconds before exploding.)

R4Z0R likes this.
  14. John Allen

John Allen New Member

You can not relate with this, use big torp first before you comment. It is pretty obvious that you are unexperienced player in Big Torp.

NML likes this.
  15. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

I think big torp is balanced enough already, huge dmg if u hit but hard to hit bcoz slow. As an ex standard and bt speeder, I can say this for sure, unless you have lots of experience, big corps are pretty hard to hit...

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Hmm, sorry but I fail to understand what part in my post gave reason to say that? Because I didn't say a word about actually using Big trop or it's competence compared to other torpedoes. I only said it'd be ridiculous to increase Big torp projectile speed to 10 because that's exactly what Swift torp has already.

But now that you dragged me into this conversation I'm more than happy to continue. Look, here's the background that I based my opinions on:

IMG_20190118_050433.jpg
    IMG_20190118_050343.jpg
    Yes, I believe "unexperienced" can have many meanings depending on who you ask but I would say owning an epic t5 version myself, as well as dealing 6m+ damage with it, actually does give me right to post something in this thread.

17. TheAntiSnipe

Okay, tell me this. What league are you in? If you're Nightmare and say that it is hard to hit the faster ships with a big torp,
    • You haven't mastered it
    • You haven't accepted the fact that certain weapons cannot take out certain ships.
    Speeders, enfos, interceptors... These ships cannot be hit with a big torp unless you manipulate their blind spots and use the environment. Increasing the big torp's speed will not achieve anything except maybe increase the spam factor further, making it absolutely no-skill as a weapon.

envylife likes this.
  18. John Allen

John Allen New Member

Im a long time NML 4.5k to 4.7k. You are a still a noob in Big Torp compared to me. Like Ang Panday, I also want its speed to have improvement because I don’t use it anymore in rank battle.

Attached Files:

NML and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

I wouldn't be so sure about that, I've trained with Eeyore. And the one thing that is really important here is that you cannot hit speeders and enfos with the big torp(when said classes are paying attention), because there's certain classes that simply cannot be hit with it.

R4Z0R likes this.
  20. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

I got a legendary mine, to my chagrine, so I was kinda forced to figure out how to use them. First, mines require no skill, just smart placement. The issue with mines is when they accumulate on a map and completely take over the match. Would be great if they were sensitive weapon explosions, mortars, torps, etc so you can actually clear out a mine field with a few shots. Would also cuase more mines to go off more often which would be cooler in battle. Or, make a 2 slot Big Mine that can take out little mines.
    Torps, people dont spam torps. I think theyre the most legit weapon and one of the few that actually require skill, ie. as a speeder hitting another ship direct with a big torp in 1v1 actually requires more skill than any other weapon. You dont want to nerf skill weapons. Nerf mortar spammers, fire bombs, snipers, mines all you want. Torps are the shit.

Aether_Zero, TheAntiSnipe and R4Z0R like this.