1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Post 4.2 Important Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 15 Jan 2019.

1. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Sidd gamer and Sifa like this.
  2. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

I'm not expecting an answer but I would love to hear what the goal of "granular" infamy was and what exactly went wrong with it. It sounded like it was supposed to take personal performance into account but it felt like it ignored personal performance (damage/heals/time alive/damage taken/kills?), your infamy vs average infamy, basically anything that you would think that would affect it. The one thing I did notice was that my gains/losses slowly decreased from +/-25 to +/-12, so maybe that's a bit of what they were going for?

Sidd gamer and RACK STAR like this.
  3. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Good to see changes were made. Thanks Grim!

4. Floaties

Floaties New Member

I'm new here on the forum trying to figure out how to use it.

5. Floaties

Floaties New Member

How do I start a discussion or a new thread?

6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

If you go to any of the room, there is a create thread option above the thread.

7. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

So all the last update did was brought 2 new items to the game?

Guncaptain809 likes this.
  8. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Can’t forget Firebomb nerf and the new bugged event.

9. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

reward buffs, epic mystery box

Guncaptain809 likes this.
  10. Floaties

Floaties New Member

Thank you.

11. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Only thing I disliked about the granular infamy was that it seemed to decrease in returns over the course of the day. I don't know whether it was time based or rank based, but gaining fewer infamy over a winning streak did not feel good.

RACK STAR likes this.
  12. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

So every time you win 25 infamy?

13. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

Not every time, but all teammates will get/lose almost same infamy.
    (I think you get or lose 24 infamy when the battle is very balanced...)

14. John Allen

John Allen New Member

I am pissed-off because you always nerf the Fire Bomb. It has slow projectile and it is 2 slot weapon but you do not care. You just keep on nerfing it, last time you lengthen its cool down and now you lower down its damage by 10% but you did not even add projectile speed on it. Where is the balance that you are saying?. Because of this I do not want to play this game anymore. Battle Bay needs better developers. Why not nerf the 1 slot but overpowered MINE.

15. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Everyone has a different opinion on what should be nerfed or buffed it's a difficult balancing act. Sure mines are overpowered in events where they stick around and people run 2-4 on one ship but in ranked I don't have nearly the same amount of problems with them and I'm a speeder. So if they nerf mines because of the events issue they'll be worthless in ranked unless they are careful and creative about finding a fix. And if I were a defender or shooter I'd probably be thrilled about the fb nerf because before the nerf I would see those guys burning from 3 or 4 at once. It's frustrating when your particular go to weapon gets a nerf but A it's part of the game and B it's working towards a more overall balanced game. And in the last year the overall balance has gotten way better so you can run carrying setups and still have success instead of just being stuck with one meta.

Sidd gamer, Guncaptain809 and Mimmel like this.
  16. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

THIS!! Well said my friend.

17. Richard Rerisi

Richard Rerisi New Member

These updates is horrible try playing against healer and players at 3;000 to 4,000 infamy when I’m barely 2,000 ruining the game

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

One question and one comment about the 4.2 update:

Question
    For casual mode, is matchmaking solely based on gear score? Anyone confirm this?

Comment
    Not sure if it is a bug, but in casual mode I cannot look for my next match until the match is over. If I hit the next button it will boot me to the main screen again. When I hit this button in ranked, it will immediately find me a new match without the main menu. Please fix this as it is a nice shortcut to keep the action going, even in casual mode.

Sidd gamer and JoshW like this.
  19. BrubbridiMessina

BrubbridiMessina New Member

ROVIO shame, I was at 3,200 and now at 1,000 good, always make idiotic changes to the game, but the main thing you never do. I went down to 1,000 of notoriety, but you make me fight with those who have 3,500, good, always idiot friends and fixer against. Tell it clearly that you have to pay, those who have 4,000 of notoriety spend money and go up, who does not pay goes down. I played a game against 4 fixers and a shooter, does that seem right? you're ruining a good game, start the brain if you have it. I repeat ROVIO again, FROM 3,200 TO 1,000. YOU ARE INCAPACI.

Mr. Bungle and MiracleMax like this.
  20. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

MOD EDIT: LANGUAGE

Last edited by a moderator: 1 Feb 2019
    Frenchdutchy likes this.