1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to take a break... (rant)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Netsa, 20 Jan 2019.

Tags:
  1. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

There's so many small things in this game that annoy me, but this is just torture. Saw a Railgun mission, switched it out because it gave gold, I didn't have a lot of time, and I wanted something a little faster. So I instead got this:
    Screenshot_20190120-150525.png
    I forgot this quest was in the game. Why is it still in the game? Among all of the other anti-fun mechanics such as the torpedoes going through walls, the weird hit detection, the weird targeting system, the bad trophy system, the HCTDM, the duct tape Reapers, the mines, the imbalanced matchups, the removal of any possible higher rarity items from chests, and the farming for ship pieces instead of event perks, I still have to deal with THIS Quest, and the event is down. I don't even have the motivation to keep trying ranked over and over to see if I get lucky match. I'm done. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

Nikkie!, RACK STAR, Sewah and 3 others like this.
  2. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

You really lost me about your complaints. If you think the quests you got are bad, try 4 kills with Napalm. If you think the game is bad right now, wait until you get to the higher league. There will be a lot of resources lacking that are annoying. This game provides insufficient resources to players unless you spend few thousands dollars. My advice to you, quit now.

Ash KOT, R4Z0R and Sewah like this.
  3. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Resource troubles don't start at higher leagues, not sure where you got that idea. They start as soon as you get an epic. Actually, I could say they start as soon as you start the game. Someone always has better gear than you, and you will never have the resources to catch up to them.

The thing about weapon-specific quests is that they can be avoided. If you don't want a Napalm kill quest, just unequip your Napalm when you're done playing and put it back on when you come back. You never receive quests for gear you don't have currently equipped. Kill quests can't be avoided, and kill-specific-ship quests are just lame. No even plays Enforcer, and getting the last hit on a Defender is a gamble.

RACK STAR and Sewah like this.
  4. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

omg I HATE that quest! I got one for shooter/speeder/enforcer, kept it so I could refresh a mine quest, sunk a shooter and a speeder in short order... three days later, I refreshed it because matchmaking didn't even GIVE me enemy enfos.

Netsa likes this.
  5. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I had no idea this was even a quest lmao

6. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

That’s the best quest in the game. I wish I could get it every time. It pays out the best!

Vile Kyle, Fish, Ash KOT and 5 others like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Got one of these as a 300k gold quest, can confirm, BEST quest in the endgame. Most entertaining, too.

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Agreed, I like a challenging quest as it gives better rewards.

As for resources, it's all about management. You have to decide what items are worth getting to t5 Epic, what is sufficient as a t5 rare, and what you can wait for until you get the leggy achievement.

9. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I find the quest annoying since I usually can't get it done as fast as other quests. It wouldn't normally be a big deal, except I had less than 3 hours to get the quest done, and I had somewhere to be irl in less than 2 hours. If it was any other quest, I could have gotten it done quickly, but bad RNG hit me there at a bad time, so I couldn't get the purple chest. The reason I posted the screenshot was to show the time remaining, not the quest itself.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I've had that happen before, it really sucks but it is what it is.
    Usually I finish all the quests a full day early to avoid that happening.

Just added a suggestion on discord that might help

Last edited: 21 Jan 2019
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I actually like that quest as well... it's better than a weapon specific quest and pays well.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I like the quest too :)
    The one I hate are the fixer specific ones, when I dont play fixer!

Djradnad and Nikkie! like this.