1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time To Buff Defender... or nerf Shooters and Enforcers. Fixes suggested.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 17 Feb 2018.

1. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Plus, just to add onto this with another reason why people are falling for a defender buff, it’s because the fixer, speeder and defender boat aren’t as strong as what they used to be. I say, make everything overpowered because if everything’s is overpowered then nothing is overpowered. Stop nerfing stuff.

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I posted something in another thread, but want to put it here too. What if we made the Defenders better at defending their teammates?

I think Defenders should buff the defense points of nearby teammates. @*JAWS* thoughts?

*JAWS* and What's Up Player like this.
  3. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Defense points are mute with the power of all these prevelant leg weapons now. What is 100 max hp off of a 2500-3000 shot from a sniper or rail gun. Then You're on fire from everyone too

HARPO! and *JAWS* like this.
  4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Agreed Turkett.

Average Defender day. Get shot with rail gun, a sniper and a big torp before getting to enemy.

Or a Sniper x 2 and 2 x flare and a ex cannon before getting to unfriends.

All of these are realistic. And could be done by 1 to 2 shooters.

If all 5 unfriends fire its like rail gun x2. Sniper x 2, firebomb x 2 and ex cannon x 2. And you died in 30 seconds.

Now I do my best with map awareness to not let the above scenarios happen until I am in unfriends face. But realistically. Its 50/50. Half the time I make it to unfriends with only 3k taken off my 18k ship.

But the other half. I arrive at unfriends at 9k or less health. Weapons are extremely strong now. They will get stronger with new legendaries making duplicates in next 3 weeks.

Defender isnt fulfilling its job.
    The job for defender is to soak punishment and dish out pain in unfriends face. If the boat cant survive 30 seconds? Its flawed.

And no the solution isnt to camp as the big blue boat. Staying back of the pack with rail gun, sniper x 2. Defeats point. Then defender is a lame shooter. And all the weapons defender should use. Now have distance nerfs. So we have to be close and mid range fighters. No if ands or buts. Something is off.

Fix Big blue

Terry Morgan likes this.
  5. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I posted this in the other thread to fix defense points :

6. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

If you changed defense so it capped at like 50 but made it percentage based so a railgun or ex cannon would only do half the dmg it currently does.

HARPO! and *JAWS* like this.
  7. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I thought that’s how defense worked! Percentage. But then when I learned that it was only real numbers, I was like, “this is the most useless perk ever!”

Crashedup, Terry Morgan and *JAWS* like this.
  8. NML

NML New Member

I believe that Rovio needs better developers. They just keep on nerfing the slow projectile 2 slot Fire Bomb but do not want to nerf the single slot overpowered Mine.

9. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

FB have great range and big radius with fire support. It’s the best mortar by far. If you’re going to complain about any mortar, standard mortar and napalm need buffing.

Ash KOT and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Take my vote on the StM buff, it's slowwwww and outperformed by LRM at every turn.
    Let's face it, low CD does nothing to compensate for the terrible speed.

Nikkie! and Redneck Messiah like this.
  11. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

It really doesn't. BPM has bigger splash, LRM has better range and projectile speed... not to mention that the standard mortar's cooldown isn't TOO much faster than its better relatives

(bertas are still utter rubbish tho... at least STM has that goin for it :))

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    shooter is slow . no need to slow it down .

envylife likes this.
  13. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

All they need to do to buff Defender is give him a 2-point teal slot instead of a 1-point teal slot. That lets him use the non-support teal abilities, Wall or Armor, which would be a pretty big deal. Not that I necessarily want to see Defenders with Walls, but the first thing I thought of when I saw Guardian was, "oh, they took our suggestions for buffing Defender, but instead of buffing Defender, they just released a completely separate boat. Okay."

Wait, this is a necro thread. Well, my point still stands.

Flipscuba and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. NML

NML New Member

Buff: Standard Mortar and Big Torpedo’s projectile speed. Nerf: Mine.

envylife likes this.