1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New 4.2 infamy system is Garbage

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Error, 15 Jan 2019.

1. Error

Error Member

What is this? Floater -11 and me 40k+ 2kills i got -18 hahahaha this is funny af mother fuckers sorry about my language but im not deleting any word and do what u want #thedevssuck

Attached Files:

2. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Dude, you didn't float hard enough. The system is "granular" crap.

3. mrs you what

mrs you what New Member

I don’t get it?!?

Attached Files:

MiracleMax and Su-57 like this.
  4. Rushicanna

Rushicanna New Member

Yeah this looks like a real big crap! I don’t even Know how developers release an update with out testing the pros and cons! At least they could have released the beta version of this update. I will just dump this game very soon, if it continues this way.

mrs you what and Su-57 like this.
  5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    doing less is the way to go .

mrs you what likes this.
  6. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    It appears that the system also takes into consideration what is expected of you. If you recently lost a bunch of infamy in an attempt to play lesser players, it will take that into account. What is your normal infamy? Would you rather have lost 24 infamy?

Last edited: 15 Jan 2019
    Su-57 likes this.
  7. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    this is what my friend think about new infamy system .

Attached Files:

Rez Messing likes this.
  8. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    Of course it would be nice if they actually explained to players how the new system works...

mrs you what, GigaBeard and Su-57 like this.
  9. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    what i want is when i lose battle but give best shot till end of the battle . it should minus less infamy then someone who suicide . and opposite if win .

Rez Messing likes this.
  10. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Lol next time, if you think your team look suckers then just play other game and come back because you still lose less points anyway haha

MiracleMax likes this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Infamy has no normal... it's supposed to be a floating scale. The 800 Infamy drop tanking system has already shown itself to be a complete failure. Explain more, with numbers, what you are talking about, because I can't see it.

12. capphil11

capphil11 Member

One more for the devs
    https://replay.battlebay.net/MTXDDMTM#FBYGNTHD

Would love to hear what algorithm produced this result. I also watched the battle from all viewpoints and there is no way that the person who lost the least infamy played more intelligently or impaceted the game more. They straight up suicided.

Attached Files:

mrs you what likes this.
  13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, the algorithm is pretty simple... each player gets a +/- which goes down the more battles you play. For example you'll start at +24 (or -24) but the more you play you'll eventually be +10 (or -10). That's pretty much all there is to this mysterious change. Why it was done is a question for another day. It has absolutely nothing to do with match performance.

capphil11 likes this.