1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Missiles

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by R4Z0R, 15 Jan 2019.

Tags:
  1. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

eh im not sure if ill be asked to change the title but whatever

so basically I got leggy missiles and chucked them on my speeder and the build looked a bit familiar...

hussian_build.jpeg

then I remembered it was used by this guy called RNG Hussian (or something like that idk) from some other utubers vids

the sad truth is: I need help! Missiles are so hard to use rn!!! the rare times where I do hit is sweet! when I see all those numbers stacked up in yellow its pure joy. But like 70% of the time is just 35 dmg or none at all! S.O.S!

calling all missiles users and pros...help a brudda chungus out here

edit: I have watched missile guides online but they don't rly help

Last edited: 15 Jan 2019
    Su-57 likes this.
  2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    R4Z0R likes this.
  3. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Practice! Practice! Practice!

It’ll take time, it’ll get annoying, it’ll get even more annoying, it’ll become so frustrating that you might want to just scrap it!

But if you practice for long enough and gain that muscle memory, you’ll learn where to aim and launch your missiles appropriately without a second thought!

R4Z0R likes this.
  4. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    You should get better with practice. You'll get more familiar with their launch speed and lead requirements.
    Try to aim at targets traveling perpendicular to your turret (the missiles spread out like that) and if you can help it, only shoot if you can see you enemy and where they're going.
    It's also not a bad idea to shoot right after an enemy nitroes — if a player had good reflexes they'll have time to nitro away before the shot hits. If you time your shot this way their nitro will be cooling down.
    Also — as far as I know there's no pattern to the spread. They can't really be relied upon too much, from what I've seen.
    @TheAntiSnipe has made a help guide here.

Hope this helps! Missiles are super fun to use when they hit well.

Last edited: 16 Jan 2019
    Nikkie!, R4Z0R and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

Like others have said, practice is the key. Leading your ML shots is just like leading shots with a mortar, except the projectile hits home way faster. So you can't lead as much — that's the tricky part.
    Another thing I'd say is : get used to and accept the scattering. There is a random part in it that can be frustrating, sometimes spreading your missiles everywhere around your target instead of onto it, but it's there and you can't control it. So sometimes its gonna bite you in the butt, but other times you'll get lucky. You just have to accept it.