1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

I can't figure out how the new infamy works but I am getting closer to saying I don't like it. I lose more infamy per loss than I gained per win and I got rewarded with +18 infamy for a penta-kill where I was the top damage dealer ... in a speeder. https://replay.battlebay.net/WLRPBWHK#NHPVSLXN

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. GigaBeard

GigaBeard Member

Yes, what the heck determines the infamy reward/penalty? I have yet to see any pattern that correlates with any aspect of gameplay. I get 3 stars, multiple kills and I get +13 infamy while other rounds I'm on the low end of the damage score and 4-5 place for the match and it's +25. Varies widely across the teams. It's actually more frustrating. Maybe this should have been left alone, feels like a step bassackwards - especially since seems so arbitrary.

Wow, it seems to be getting worse. Honestly, doesn't make me want to play ranked. And with the event already crap due to everyone abusing the bandage bug - also unplayable!
    I was just getting back into enjoying and progressing in ranked - so disappointing.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2019
    Su-57 likes this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

RNG man, RNG.

4. Skirra08

No there's definitely a system my personalized infamy is trending downwards it's now at +-16. I'm a speeder main so thats probably part of it. But my larger point is that no one wanted personalized infamy. I think what we really wanted was a system where a good player on a bad team didn't get punished. So if I went out and was the top damage dealer on a team where I had a floater and a suicide is get like -8 instead of -24.

RACK STAR and Su-57 like this.
  5. envylife

As I've said before... be careful what you ask for. Rovio is like an evil genie.. make wishes at your own peril! ;)

6. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    If any game developer want to learn ' How to Kill a game ' slowly and step by step .

Learn it from Developer of Battle bay . they are getting closer to kill the game with new Infamy system .

7. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

This update turned out to be a horrible update. Ok, I appreciate casual mode where I can play safely. It was also a clever decision that they didn’t put HCTDM in ranked. I also liked the 2nd division of nightmare. There are some positive points in the update.
    Otherwise, bandage bug and they still have started the second event knowing there is a huge bug which ruins the fun. And then this infamy system. If this is working as intended, I will never play ranked again.

8. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

I know everyone is complaining and all but I only lost like 100 infamy... its not that bad right...I won some as well

9. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

How can an epic crappy standard torpedo which starts at 294 damage be 200 damage points less when upgraded, to an upgraded swift torpedo which starts at 827 damage ?

10. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

Oops my fault.
    Epic Level 50 Standard torpedo without training:
    Damage:666 Cool down:5.6s
    Projectile speed:4 Radius:3
    Standard torpedo with Maxed training:
    Damage: (666+100)x162%=1240.92(100+62%)
    Cool down:5.6sx0.9=5.04s(0-10%)
    Projectile speed:4x200%=8(0+100%)

Epic level 50 Swift torpedo without training:
    Damage:944 Cool down:10s
    Projectile speed:5 Radius:3
    Swift torpedo with Maxed training:
    Damage: (944+100)x162%=1691.28(100+62%)
    Cool down:10x90%=9s(0-10%)
    Projectile speed:5x200%=10(0+100%)
    1691.28-1240.92=450.36,I think I used my level 40 swift torpedo to calculate...

11. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

If this item could does at least 900 damage per shot...

12. envylife

Looks like Standard Torpedo is going the way of Standard Canon... not very useful late game.

13. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Hope devs (not mods) can explain how 4 healers on 1 side and no healers on other is fair in anyway at all. Whatever damage we did was healed virtually straight away.

Attached Files:

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. envylife

With 5 gunboats the path to victory is teamwork... coordinate focus fire on one fixer at a time. The problem is the distracting Speeder constantly pecking at you and leaving for heals. IMO it's a fair battle.

Aether_Zero and Sidd gamer like this.
  15. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Can we please have a different event, so many people have complained about this new event but you seem to be adamant about ramming it down our throats whatever so people like me who hate it and especially the fact only what you seem to do on your last ship counts for trophies as dire, so we have to suffer not doing any events for 2 weeks.

Talk about trying to force players away from game though as many different ways as possible(bugs infamy changes that suck etc)

16. Napolike1926

Napolike1926 Active Member

Speeder minigun? Lol you wanna stay around 1k infamy 4ever

17. Napolike1926

Napolike1926 Active Member

Hahahhahahahhaahahahah "fair battle". Sure.

18. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Great joke m8!

19. Skirra08

Yeah if anything I would say it's unfair the other way. If all 5 shooters charge the fixers it's over with the shooters winning by a landslide.

envylife likes this.
  20. envylife

Today I was in a battle, 3 Shooters+Speeder+Guardian vs 4 Fixers+Shooter. I thought we had the advantage, particularly since we drew them into the open to fight. I had them in a nice group and killed one of the Fixers, but right then the opposing Shooter killed a careless Shooter on my team sitting too close and no where to run. The Speeder had a rough time in all the napalm and mines. The key was the 2nd Shooter getting whacked, leaving the Guardian and I with a near kill on the opposing Shooter which could have turned the match in our favor with them no longer able to be offensive, but with one Fixer lobbing mines at me and Napalm all around, it was really hard to keep position before 2 Fixers came to heal them up, and then things went down hill.

In other words, it was a good match, and was within a hair of going either way. I had another match with 1 Fixer on our team and 3 on Unfriends, lost that as well. Those matches are all about the right loadout and the right strategy. The non fixer side has to come with lots of AoE weapons to counter the Fixer meta: double Pulse+Bolt or it will not work out well.

Nikkie! likes this.