1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Game is becoming unplayable

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Lando, 14 Jan 2019.

1. Lando

Lando New Member

every update the matches get more and more ridiculous, what is going on? My infamy has never been higher than 1100, how can I reasonably be matched with players with 3500 infamy? It’s just stupidly unfun! Fix this, match after match, is just so lopsided, and never goes the other way, I’m never matched against 100 infamy players I can dispatch with 1 or 2 shots, the matchup algorithm is a joke.

Antony and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I am 800 infamy player and i also getting battles against 1500 infamy players .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    It happens when the matchmaker thinks you are tanking infamy and pulls you back up to higher battles.

4. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Yeah that infamy range sucks, get a bit higher and the game is tons of fun

5. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Under 2k infamy it's nearly unplayable the mismatches in talent and items intersect and essentially break the matchmaking system

Sidd gamer and R4Z0R like this.
  6. Lando

Lando New Member

Interesting, thanks for the input.

7. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

really? im under 2k and its alright for me... :|

8. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Get above that and see the difference and then get back to me.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'd expand that up to 2500... the other day I was destroyed by a T4 Legendary Railgun by a 3000 Infamy player, which is common to see in 2500 Infamy matches.

The primary issue I have from 2-2.5k is the Infamy gap amongst participants. Frequently players with an 800 Infamy range are included in the match, so it's not uncommon to see 2000-2800 in same match, or 2500-3300. The deviation is as much as 40% of Infamy, which is insane. Tighten it up to, say, 10% and the matches will be more fair and balanced.

10. Pullyour headout

Pullyour headout New Member

The infamy range has nothing to do with it. I have been stuck in the 500-800 range for guiet a while and 90% of the matches are always one sided. I mean a complete obliteration of the other team within the first two or three minutes. Since the 4.0 update it has been ridiculous to play. The nerfing to some of the weapons was stupid and made them usless, the mine is rediculously too powerful, the SHOOTER does not need FIVE weapons and if people want that then give the other ships someway to fight them, like another weapon slot. The only reason the other ships are used now are to complete taskes not by a liking of the ship.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. envylife

Matchmaking has become a systemic issue with Battle Bay. Every time they seem to have made progress they revert to a bad and previously obsoleted algorithm. I'm seeing lop-sided matches far too frequently in Events and Casual because they are not balancing sides and they are not putting players of similar power into the same matches. It's getting ridiculous.

12. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I have noticed that lately there seems to be wider infamy range in ranked matchmaking. I'm hovering around 3k infamy at the moment and I'm repeatedly matched with people who are as low as 1700. I don't think they are all infamy tankers because there are so many of them and they still try to fight as well as they can.

So my theory is that the game has widened the range to keep waiting times reasonable since:
    - number of players is decreasing (based on Rovio investor reports)
    - players are now spread between various battle modes (casual, ranked and events)

13. envylife

Are you sure that's not Casual or Events? That matchmaking algorithm is horrid and anti-competitive. The only other explanation is the Infamy tanking penalties, where if a player drops substantially below their top, they are still thrown into higher level matches just to spite them I guess, because it's not productive to the player or the game, and should be stopped. Otherwise if ranked matches have an infamy spread like that, regardless of reason, then Infamy has truly become meaningless and as would follow, the League system is highly flawed.

14. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Yup, 1700s vs. 3000s in ranked battles lately, that's why it even got my attention. I know matches like that are common in events (or casual) but I haven't seen them before in ranked. I get matched with infamy tankers too but usually their infamy is much lower than 1700 and some of them are still purposely trying to lose more. Of course I can't be sure what's behind this but until we get some confirmation by the devs (which seems highly unlikely these days) I have reason to believe my theory is true :)

Edit: here's one picture of such match
    IMG_20190120_005646.jpg

Last edited: 19 Jan 2019
  15. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

what an amazing idea

Nikkie!, Kurd1stan. and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Yup, something's gone even more screwy than usual tbh.

17. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I dont agree with this at all. The only reason I play shooter is for it's questing ability, I definitely prefer almost every other ship over shooter.

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  18. Sweetleaf420

Sweetleaf420 New Member

The game has turned into a pay to win game and you wanna be a free player your gonna lose. All battle bay is is a cash cow to fund their new angry bird movie they are working on. Rovio dont care about player base or your opinion all they want from you is more money. This game used to be fun l would tell my friends to download it and play. But know all l would tell them is dont waste your time with battle bay its a joke. I was vip and had to cancel my subscription and l started loosing. I started noticing sniper shots going through targets or not registering not getting crits on my cannons boats disapearing or moving a to the side of where my cannon was gonna hit them .but yet seems like lm targeted always first no matter where im at front back or behind the rock. It wasnt like this when l payed my dues. But now im cast out and thrown like last weeks trash. Thanks rovio

19. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I completely agree. Don't think the 5 weapon slots are unbalanced... the Bay needs an offensive beast as much as it needs a medic, or a tank, or an assassin. I too only use shooter to complete quests... I feel much more comfortable behind the stick of a speeder, enforcer, interceptor, or fixer.

#GottaGoFast

JoshW likes this.