1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Granular infamy is so flawed!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KillaBeez710, 11 Jan 2019.

1. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

upload_2019-1-11_6-51-15.png
    And how in the heck did I lose 24 infamy when my team obviously underperformed. I did the best & lost the most? How does this make any sense at all?

Sewah, Reorge and Hellcat_17 like this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Specifically what do you think is flawed about the matchmaking? Keep in mind Infamy has a ways to go to get everyone back to where they should be after so many months of events... but alas, another event has arrived so that's not happening any time soon.

I'm less surprised to see an L50 at 2000 Infamy as an L15. If I were guessing your speeder teammate was simply ineffective with only 2 mines as their only weapons, and the enforcer likely strayed into enemy territory and got destroyed... no other excuse to deal less than 2 shots worth of damage. I'm a little more concerned about a 2409 Infamy being in this battle, being 20% higher Infamy than anyone else. I have already asked the Devs to limit Infamy variance to no more than 10-15%.

KillaBeez710 likes this.
  3. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

They say that granular infamy thing will be live when the new season starts although currently it is weird to make players with the best performance lose the most

TheAntiSnipe and Hellcat_17 like this.
  4. envylife

Yea I haven't wrapped my head around how or why granular Infamy works like it does. In ever case I've seen it seems to be working opposite of my expectations.
    For example, I had 2 draws yesterday. In one case my side was -1, the other match we were all +1, and I could not for the life of me understand why in either case.

KillaBeez710 likes this.
  5. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Its like erthang else trash
    I had a floater in a battle that did big 00000s and he got -23 and erbody else got -24.so reckon its more granular to float. Every new update just drives the game fartber down the death spiral.

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  6. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I believe the most obvious explanation is that the system still uses the old way until this season is finished. Or has it been confirmed that the new system is already in place?

I hope we see the change when the current season ends.

7. envylife

The old way was everyone gets the same +/- which is not how it is working. But yes I hear the +/- is only going to get bigger, so it seems justified to bring up issues before it gets worse.

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  8. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, found this answer now. Actually the system that's live now has also been in the game earlier too so that's what caused my confusion :)
    old_infamy.png

StrictSalmon307 and Hellcat_17 like this.
  9. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    It hasn't been implemented yet. It will be, on Monday 14th of January.

Nikkie! likes this.
  10. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    it will start from 14 January so wait and see then share your thoughts .