1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

New Turbo idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Counterpoints, 12 Jan 2019.

1. Counterpoints

Counterpoints New Member

As I was reading some comments in the bay, there is an increasing amount of discussion on whether turbo will follow the fate of rudder and gear lube. And to some degree, I agree.

The reason why rudder and gear lube did not cut it is because they did not provide the most burning request from players and are always secondary to speed. Now an epic tier4 turbo with a couple of perks can get any ship to its max speed no matte what, deeming it kind of obsolete. Since we are on the subject of dropping turbo, how does the following sound?

Instead of 1 turbo for pure speed, let's get several different turbos, just like in Asphalt or any car game, in which we obtain various engines that fit different cars.

Speedy Turbo: just pure increase of speed.
    Agility Turbo: speed and agility half and half
    Rotating Turbo: speed and rotate half and half

So every turbo at least gives you some speed, while the composite ones give relatively less than the pure turbo.

Thoughts along similar lines?

2. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

I offered to put just a trigger, where the player chooses between agility or rotation of the tower, or just leave 50 to 50, but not 100 and 100 as it is now ...

Sidd gamer and Su-57 like this.
  3. Counterpoints

Counterpoints New Member

Ah I see. Just an adjustable turbo as you are saying?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Tier 3 level 28 with 2 speed perks and a rare brutal turbo maxes speed on all ships. Even lower level if you use 3 standard epic speed perks. Turbo needs to go

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

Not turbo, just on the ship itself is regulated.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I like the idea of turbo increasing speed over time.
    What vehicle is able to run top speed from a dead stop? None lol
    With this idea your turbo would increase your speed by a fraction of max for every second you're in motion up to 5 seconds.
    Upgrading the turbo gives a higher percentage per second.

Ultrah, Sidd gamer and Litcex like this.
  7. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

This is what I came up with, to return the former maneuverability to the ships, and the excess turbo power will increase the ship's maneuverability when the max speed of the ship is reached, and so the turbo will have some sense to improve to the maximum! And maybe some will put 2 turbo, what would be the max speed and max maneuverability !!! Perhaps the speed of the tower also depends on the turbo!

8. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Or get rid of turbos, increase ship speed, and make blue slots for just health/armour increasing items :p

9. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

here you can’t remove the turbo, the player himself decides what is best for him, speed or additional armor, and if you remove the turbo, everyone will have the same speed, and the strength of the tanks will be very much and at the same time move quickly.
    Maybe it's better to delete everything and leave only 1 ship and 1 gun, and there will be no more problems! :)

10. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Good point.

11. Ho Aerp

Ho Aerp New Member

The word 'turbo' is nothing related to agility nor Rotation.
    However , I appreciate the thought of an item of half speed and half agility or rotation , because half effect of a maxed epic turbo is enough to boost your speed to the limit.

12. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Why don’t they just make speed, turret and ship agility increase as you upgrade the ship? That way upgrading ships feels more meaningful

benguin8 and Su-57 like this.
  13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    give me better 0-60 acceleration

14. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    That's what I was thinking. Lightning acceleration, plus reversing. That would make the perfect Turbo.

15. Ho Aerp

Ho Aerp New Member

Reversing? U mean the ability of enforcer?

16. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Nah, going backwards. Ships all move far slower backwards than forwards.

17. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Just bring back the gear lube and rudder perks and let them be applied to turbo. Speed perks are pointless.

18. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

They would be about as useful as defense perks for shields

19. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Defense perks are useless because they are a flat number and not a %. The game has changed ship stats making them even less useful. I do not agree that my suggestion is relatable because rudder and gear lube perks could be something decent like 10%. You want more turret rotation, equip 4 gear lube perks. More turning power, use 4 rudder perks. Want a balance? Mix it up. Max turbo can be achieved without perks and hence speed perks are not needed anymore. Not sure I understand your comment.

20. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

For shields, it would be cool if instead of +12 perk protection, they would be replaced by 2% protection! 2% will be normal?