1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Angry thread

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Undead fixer, 11 Jan 2019.

Tags:
  1. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

:mad:Yeah so ummmmmmm post your angry messages here about update yeah sooooooo Yeahh idk
    What am I'm doing right now Lmao.....
    Oof:rolleyes:

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Nothing to be angry about (yet). HCTDM launched as an Event mode and I'm managing in it pretty well so far. I was able to pseudo-reasonably outfit 3 ships, Forcer, Fixer, and Shooter, with all the crap I had in my inventory, though I had to buy an uncommon Nitro for Fixer and nearly all of my blue items are weaker than average. Gave my only Turbo to Shooter since he's the only one that can't move without one. I start the match on Forcer, then move to either Fixer or Shooter depending on whether we need more damage or more healing. I usually don't die more than once.

I feel bad for anyone that spread out their resources less than I did, scrapped more, or had more maxed gear. I'm also seeing a fair amount of people rushing out on obviously-underequipped boats and dying after their first death. That's frustrating to see when they're on my team.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. SpatulaOfLove

SpatulaOfLove Member

I don't have enough blue stuff to play this new goofy match type.

4. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Angry angry angry angry :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek: (angry enough?)
    When again a team with 3 fixers after long waiting for your battle:
    8C50C6C3-AAAE-420D-84E5-58A22BE69800.gif
    Yesterday, our teacher wanted to get us sad:
    We had to walk through the class, and look very sad, and depressive, and life was no fun

How I walked: BEDBA0DA-2276-489A-836C-28A943A320C8.gif

5. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

I think the HCTDM should encompass respawning with the same ship you started with, otherwise you're disadvantaging and discouraging those who've actually focused on developing a specific albeit limited set of items, I would love to play but being as I only have enough gear to go around for one ship at a time, its just a feelsbadman for me, I don't wanna let my team down with only one life

6. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    If you only use 1 ship, does the opponent have more ships than you or is it balanced out?

Nikkie!, Sidd gamer and R4Z0R like this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

r/showerthoughts
    Yeah, I got your question, and no it isn't balanced. It's gloriously unbalanced.

Sidd gamer, Nikkie! and R4Z0R like this.
  8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Dammit. So why bother bringing 1 ship, when you can just bring as many ships as possible? Even with common gear it might help a bit. :(

Nikkie!, Sidd gamer and Hellcat_17 like this.
  9. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I am ANGRY at HCTDM
    BECAUSE
    I dont have enough items to geared up my 5 ship; so I end up playing very carefully and dont brawl agressively; so I end up not getting more damage in the battle; so I end up getting less coin; so I end up unable to redeem ship pieces; so I end up not able to level up my Reaper; so I end up feeling very Angry.

10. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

If they do that, then it's not hardcore anymore. That's just regular TDM.

R4Z0R likes this.
  11. Killerduck

Killerduck Member

It will be gone in a few days no need to be angry!

12. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I cant level up my reaper!!!
    There is absolutely no other way to level!!!

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Originally Hardcore implied Ranked, not the boat switchy thing... if you remember the term Hardcore was applied to ranked matches before v4.2 was released. Now it is a non-rank Event but still named Hardcore, so let's not pretend it has any specific meaning.

Cavy likes this.
  14. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

I still don't see how acquiring dupes is easier just because we get an ring epic item for 18 weekly quests. As well as one epic power cell, big deal I need 40 to get to tier v. Not to mention that to take one epic item from 1 to 50 you need a total of 100 epic power cells along with dupes and 1000s of parts. The star crates and free crates need to be guaranteed rare with possible epic and legendary. They could also scale them with captain level. The market hasn't improved I think it make have gotten worse because all weekend I'm getting the majority of the parts uncommon and common, very low rare and epic part counts.

Sidd gamer, Netsa and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

It has a specific meaning outside of Battle Bay, and I think that's what they were going for here when they used the term "hardcore" for the mode (and for Ranked as well, since the same meaning applies). It means you can't come back after dying. For Hardcore TDM, it means that a specific ship can't come back after getting destroyed.

Ignoring that, though, respawning on the same ship literally is just TDM. I don't think they would add "Hardcore" to the start of it if all they were doing was making it a Ranked mode. In fact, I don't think the dev's intention was ever for Hardcore to simply mean Ranked.

16. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

You also have to factor in the increased item pool. If they keep adding more items, the chance of getting what you want goes down. We get a guaranteed Epic in the new chest, but after the past two updates, there are six more Epics in the game than there were before. Considering you only get one a week and there's now 40 possible items it can drop, building was only made a tiny, tiny bit easier.

Sewah likes this.
  17. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

Most games I’ve played hard core has had nothing to do with coming back after dying
    Hardcore mode in most games I’m familiar with (granted I haven’t been much of a gamer the last 4 years) usually involves things like 1 hit kills, friendly fire and reduced hud
    Death match modes weather team or solo, hardcore or standard have always had multiple respawns

Last edited: 13 Jan 2019
  18. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I'm thinking more in the line of RPGs or roguelikes, whereas your definition is more consistent with shooters. Regardless, you have to admit that none of those things you mentioned are present here. You don't die any easier, there is no friendly fire, and the hud is the same. So what else is Hardcore supposed to mean? Literally the only difference here is the permadeath.

19. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Why does everyone want new weapons when there are so many already and it takes forever to get dupes?

Sewah and Redneck Messiah like this.
  20. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Of course people want more weapons, they're fun to use. I don't have a problem with them inflating the item pool, I have a problem with the fact that the upgrade system specifically punishes a larger item pool, which is probably one of the reasons they started adding things to the item pool. If the current upgrade system, that requires dupes, wasn't in the game, having a ton of gear choices wouldn't be a problem. Monetization is the root of all evil.

Hellcat_17 likes this.