1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Win Quests Give More Trophies

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Netsa, 11 Jan 2019.

1. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

The clan quests that require you to win a certain number of times take much longer to do than damage quests, yet give significantly less trophies for doing them. I know trophies don't really mean anything, but as long as they're in the game it's not fair that the people doing primarily damage quests are essentially seen as having higher value by the system than the people willing to slog through win, kill, and star quests. Not to paint myself as the bad guy, but I've found myself clicking on damage quests for weapons I don't even own just because the trophy payout is significantly higher than if I contributed to the Win Matches quest. Myself aside, newer clan members who may not be as familiar with how the leader runs things have it in their best interest to go straight for damage quests because it makes them look like they're contributing a lot. They can work all day on win quests and have little to show for it compared to the guy who just does damage.

There's three ways to solve this problem:
    1. Increase trophies given for non-damage quests to be equal to or greater than those given by damage quests.
    2. Decrease trophies given by damage quests.
    3. Remove trophies.

I'm partial to the first solution, since I like big numbers and I think the contribution number does have value for clan leaders. But, the way they're implemented right now is heavily skewed and doesn't accurately represent who's helping the clan the most.

2. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

+1 This is critical to resolve because many guilds have a trophy minimum to not get kicked.

Netsa likes this.
  3. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Now that I think about it, there is a 4th way to solve this: remove all non-damage quests. ...Nah. :rolleyes:
    Exactly. Plus, if the damage quests are completed first, anyone who didn't get in on the trophy rush has to pick up the slack. If you couldn't play until after half the board was already completed, then you're on the chopping block.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

This is a good call out. I've done the calculations in the past to decide what to focus on, and it's clear which ones are consistently tougher than others.

Ship Sinker: For standard elimination this requires more match wins than any other quest type. Only with continuous events does it bring it into the range of others.

Star Hoarder: This is also one of the highest match win requirements, but with continuous events it's not only one of the longest quests, it's an interruption to perpetual eventing. It should be in line for a reduction.

All weapons quests: I also have these as some of the highest match win requirements as well.

From there it all depends on whether or not you use a specific weapon or ship. In a perpetual TDM event environment I've seen many players migrate from yellow and green boats to Shooter/Defender, making the Yellow boat quests far and away the toughest to complete. This also requires some re-thought by the devs, as 1500 wins is pretty rough at the very hard level using an alternate ship type. We may see some improvement with HCTDM with multiple boats, but the core issue is that TDM is not all that friendly to yellow boats, and every guild quest board has those on it.

Netsa likes this.
  5. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

In other words, every quest that doesn't have a multiplier bonus. The fact that they also give less trophies in total makes it even worse, with the exception of All Weapons.

A quick note on HCTDM, it doesn't factor in all of your boats for guild quests from what I've seen. It only seems to count the last boat you were on when the match ended. I'm registered for the Enforcer win quest in my clan right now (I main Enfo, I don't have a problem playing it in TDM), but the count only goes up by one unless my Enforcer survives for the entire battle. They may or may not change this, but I don't have my hopes up.