1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Hardcore TDM is pretty fun as an event but it is a joke to think this is viable for ranked gameplay with infamy at stake. I never scrapped any of my Tier 5 Rare items, so I can be comfortably competitive with 3 ships and not have much weakness until I hit the 4th ship(lack of shields).

One of the best strategies I've found so far:
    Ship 1, Enforcer. Two mines and one cannon. bottleneck the other team with mines on their side of the map
    Ship 2, Fixer. Respawn as a fixer with one duct tape and an overboost, move out into the open and try to draw the other team forward into my mines while healing my teammates behind me.

2. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

I voted for your suggestion. Thx!

Sidd gamer and Hellcat_17 like this.
  3. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

I don’t think the new HTDM is that bad. It will be refined over time. You still have the option for the old ranked mode and the silly casual mode.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Mollypig

Mollypig Member

There is a bug in the HTDM replays...the game crashes!

few in VIP have said the same :/

please fix

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

The intent is to replace the “old ranked mode” with this - so we won’t have that option if they follow through with the change.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

Then it will be shitty then. I am fine if they still leave the old ranked system too. I don’t think they have that many players to have that many modes.

7. HELLRAZOR

HELLRAZOR Well-Known Member

Why bring out new items that are useless..... I mean a standard torpedo which is slower & deals a lot less damage than a swift torpedo with the same slot size ?
    But instead, why not create a torp that sets an enemy on fire/freezes them or makes the game laggy ? .....oh wait, it already is laggy.

8. -729835959

-729835959 Active Member

Train your Standard torpedo, a t5 epic standard torpedo can deals 1200 damage without any perk (t5 swift torpedo deals 1400 damage without any perk).It needs 5 seconds cool down after use, and projectile speed is 8.
    (Well I think many players still won't use it if they know these things.)
    (Just like cannon and sniper cannon...)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

I think when the strategy comes down to hiding behind a rock with 5k max hp because you don't want your team to lose, it's not a very well designed gamemode

Mad_Bulls_007 and Fish like this.
  10. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

So I have played a handful of the new TDM and it has some promise “IN THE FUTURE’”. Right now it is NOT a true test of skill. The reason why is not enough players have enough wepons, blue items and yellow items to truly fill out boats to play the mode. I am actually surprised I have seen defenders in this game mode since they take up so many blue slots. Once players start to die the game play goes way down. The damage delt late in matches can be super low. One note fixer might become super valuable in this game mode since The longer the first boats are out the better.

Fixes simple make rare and epic duplicate items purchaseable with gold. Triple the amount of parts given out in the game, and bump up gold and sugar even more.

On a 2nd note reviewing the new bandage this does not look like a good item. Now with TDM you will probably need to level one, but it does not do that much more healing than a regular bandage. Costing 2 slots it should do closer to double the healing of a 1 slot bandag not 15% more. Seriously it only does 15% more healing for a 2 slot item.

Sidd gamer and Skirra08 like this.
  11. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

New game mode is not for me, i dont have enough shield, turbo, weapon etc to fully equip all my 5 ships.

So the only way to play this is mode is.....dont die, dont suicide and play carefully.

Hmmmm my Reaper will be RIP for now. Not enough scrap to level it up.

Btw, good job dev.

The changes is good, but the hassle to level up items is getting ridiculous.

Sidd gamer and Hellcat_17 like this.
  12. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Couldn't have put it better myself. Absolutely trash, great as an event but as the new permanent ranked mode?! Guess y'all can call me a filthy casual from here on out.

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be so bad if you were limited in the number of ships you could bring.
    Surviving a full match just to lose because people bring out their 3rd or 4th ship and die instantly is rediculous.

Having only two ships to battle with and a score limit of ten would bring back some of the strategic team play that makes this game so great.

14. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Can't wait for big big torp

15. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Event s**ks i played only one when they ask to choose respawn with another ship. its not fun at all using multiple ships which have low level items or don't even have blue items at all .

hope they are not gonna use this format for ranked battles otherwise game die immediately for most of the player .

16. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Agree with this. I've played 4 matches so far, the losing team never had more than 3 kills. They are all lop-sided, in Gear Score or ship composition...and usually the first team with a few kills is going to roll the other because the secondary ships players are using are getting killed quick. I was in one match, was fairly tight at the beginning, but before I knew it I looked up and my team went from 3 deaths to 8 in what seemed to be a blink of the eye. HCTDM needs a fair amount of work to get it to be a reasonable match mode.

Sidd gamer and JoshW like this.
  17. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Personally i like how u can choose ships in start. I choose ship acc. To the map. For example i go speeder mining if it's wayward or shooter sniping if it's destruct 9.

Last edited: 12 Jan 2019
  18. Boeggla

Boeggla Member

Engineer
    New mode is fun, but I think it will be not good for ranked... it is okay to grind coins.

Also for quild quests it seems not so well suited, as you dont know beforehand which ship you will have active when the battle ends, and at least some quests currently only count the last ships contribution.

19. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

I also haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but they raised the Epic Perk drop chance from 2% to 8% in the 60 coin boxes, pretty solid increase

Su-57 likes this.
  20. WHAT THE @$#%

WHAT THE @$#% New Member

Devs I’m sorry but this new event is no good . It needs some tweaks and would definetly not be a good fit for ranked. I would rather have regular team death match as ranked . But if you must move forward with making this the new ranked format. I think you should split ranked into two options, new format or old format

Redneck Messiah and Hellcat_17 like this.