1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

HardcoreTeamDeathMatches! What Combo will be the best?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 29 Dec 2018.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I think someone caught you with a mine, it was on fighthouse.
    I dont think i fought you directly though.
    And we all have our bad days lol

2. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Someday when I rage quit this game it'll be because if mines lol.

JoshW likes this.
  3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Im about to rage quit now because of the lag.

Sewah likes this.
  4. Skirra08

Speeder/guardian with reaper as emergency backup.

5. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Okay I didn't like the HCTDM at first but then I started to think about optimal strategy. I took a step to the dark side and equipped my speeder with two mines and start the battle with that. My only goal is to spit out as many mines as possible while staying alive as long as possible. Basically I'm trying to make the battle feel like hell for my enemies so they 1) get frustrated 2) forget their own strategy 3) make mistakes.

Usually my mines alone can completely dominate certain areas of the map and if my team decides to use that for our advantage, then we usually win and I don't even need a second ship. But just in case I still die, I have a hard point damage shooter ready for my second life. With shooter I still try to focus the battle to the mine field I created earlier if that's possible in any way. Then it's easy to pick and snipe the vulnerable targets when mines are exploding everywhere :D

The downside for this strategy is that my damage with first ship depends entirely on my enemy's skill and will to hit my mines. If they are good enough and avoid all of them, I might end up with 0 damage on the winning side. Obviously in events I won't then get rewarded at all although my mines still actually helped us win the game by dominating the map.

So here are the ships and setups:
    IMG_20190112_012333.jpg
    IMG_20190112_012355.jpg

And just in case I have two more ships loaded. I've got enough weapons but not enough yellow or blue items:
    IMG_20190112_012423.jpg
    IMG_20190112_012514.jpg

6. Skirra08

Yeah I think the best strategy is see variation of outfit your best ship and try not to die with it and then have other ships in reserve.

What I've noticed so far is that there are a lot of lopsided battles as for most losing that first ahip leads to a quick second death.