1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes 4.2 Casually Ranked

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 9 Jan 2019.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wait, how did you make that heart? Teach me!

2. TheAntiSnipe

It's a thing with vision, bud. It's how vision in this game works. A major issue I've had that I've seen only in TDM is the teleportation. The opponent is moving forward then all of a sudden, poof, they're back to where they were a few seconds ago. I've missed SO MANY shots to this.

Sidd gamer and Agile Vanguard like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

I don't think you can respawn in the same ship multiple times. In my understanding, if you bring one ship to the game, you can enjoy the REAL hardcore TDM :p :D
    1 v (n) where n is the number of ships your opponents brought to the battle.

Sidd gamer and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  4. Fin-

Fin- Active Member

Exactly. And we'll see tons of kamikaze like dumb trigu*. I'm so stressed already.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

First,thanks for the patch notes @The Grim Repair :)

I'm greatly looking forward towards this new update,especially the new Casual mode. We have been waiting for this mode for a very long time;).

Standard Torpedo and Big Bandage looks super cool and I can't wait to try it in my Shooter and Speeder:cool:;).

"BALANCING:
    ● Nerfed Firebomb Damage by 10%"
    This is the sad thing in this update for me,since I'm a Firebomb user:(:(

Anyways,I have to find some better weapons other than FB or else I should finish my training on FB and upgrade it to the max to compensate the damage nerfed:oops:

But,on the contrary,this nerf is great for enemy firebomb spammers;):D:rolleyes:

Last edited: 10 Jan 2019
    Sidd gamer, Ultrah, Nikkie! and 4 others like this.
  6. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I didn’t take the patch notes to mean that. It sounded to me like we are getting traditional TDM in ranked mode. If you bring just one boat, then you keep re-spawning with that boat. People that actually have enough high level gear to equip two boats, can do so at their discretion.

Here is the quote from the patch notes:
    • Hardcore Team Deathmatch lets you play with your whole shipyard and bring more than one ship into battle. When your ship is destroyed during battle, you respawn in a different ship that you own.You only need one ship to be able to play this game mode.
    This is actually very confusing. It sounds like these patch notes were written and then edited and left with conflicting descriptions. Why would anyone only equip one ship if they can’t respawn?

Sidd gamer, Ultrah, Reorge and 4 others like this.
  7. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Great news that team elimination is still available.

Also, is each number of ships brought into battle a different kind of game mode?
    If we want 1 ship then it's a 1 ship game mode, 2 ships=2 ship game mode ect ect.

If this is true, then the queue for battle is going to be up to 5X longer, maybe 6 with casual.

It's an obvious question, and the answer will be yes but I'm actually concerned for the wait time for battles.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. Agile Vanguard

Think of ships as lives. The more ships you have, the more chances you can play. In team elimination, you only get 1 life. Having the choice to only bring 1 ship is exactly the same gamemode. :)

9. TheAntiSnipe

Waitwaitwait NOOO
    It was a joke!
    What I meant was that with one (ship)life, HTDM will basically be Elimination for you.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I agree the patch note as written is exactly that.
    Who is actually going to only bring one ship to battle? Anyone without extra gear will just put tier 1 uncommons or rares so they can get an extra life. I don’t want to be on a team that has two players with one ship, or players with uncommon shields on their speeder.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

I deleted that post, because the joke sounded funny in my head but didn't translate well :D

You WILL be put in the HTDM queue even if you have one ship. However, you'll only have that one ship, and once you die, you won't have ANY more lives.

12. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It isnt so much latancy as it is difference of ping between different users.
    I for one play at a reliable ping of 56, when everyone else has a much higher ping they appear to me as lagging.
    From their perspective, all the ships with similar ping are normal and I appear to lag.

What needs to happen to remedy this is to match players based on similar ping, or find a way to equalize ping among all battle participents.

13. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I'll be dealing with the same... Time to go full sweat mode on guild quests to win a crapload of epic parts and item pieces from the raffle XD

14. Agile Vanguard

QUOTE="TheAntiSnipe, post: 195625, member: 8059"]However, you'll only have that one ship, and once you die, you won't have ANY more lives.[/QUOTE]
    Isn't that exactly how team elimination works? I'm confused. o_O

I think we're both telling each other what we already know.

15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I hope you are joking, because that would be just another nail in the coffin for this game. If true why would any players with a single boat ever play hardcore? And if they do, the disadvantage to their team is HUGE. So many issues with this I can't even begin.

16. TheAntiSnipe

Unfortunately, I'm not. That seems to me to be the most sensible interpretation of the announcement xD.

17. Agile Vanguard

No player will. Except for players with youtube channels who want to capture some badass 5 ship footage.:D

Edit: As soon as I finished writing this, Anti replied lol!

18. aheed7

aheed7 New Member

haha, this is a secret :p

19. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

So before people were complaining that they are forced to play sub par ship. Now they are complaining they don't get to play sub par ship. People here are really strange.

JoshW likes this.
  20. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Are you sure about it??