1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy Drop

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Fady, 26 Oct 2018.

1. Grissle

Grissle New Member

This is garbage. The game has completely changed and so should the rules about losing infamy. Yes, you used to be able to tank infamy and go up against players with lower ship levels, which meant less slots/items. No more. Now everyone has maximum slots. Their items MAY be a few levels lower than what a higher infamy player has, but the game is now much harder.

I was in NML for a year. I know how to play, and fleet, and use the right combo of weapons. I have been struggling HARD to stay above 3k. 3k! At this rate I'll never see NML again. I've been in the penalty zone quite a bit. There is now zero benefit to tanking infamy, so there shouldn't be a penalty.

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree, things have changed, Infamy dropping penalty was supposed to be a temporary fix but is not as applicable any longer... the Devs needed to address the root cause of dropping infamy: increased battle rewards for seal clubbing in lower Infamy, but to date no action has been taken. NML reset affects 3k players which is out of a player's control, and NML players have to have much more substantial loadouts today than they did just 6 months ago, and even more so a year ago.

3. Fady

Fady New Member

I am glad that you agree with me people. The game has changed. I used to be 1800 infamy never Less than 1400. Now I have been struggling for a week to get more than 800 or keep it. There is no benefit from tanking infamy anymore. Rules have to be changed.

4. Fady

Fady New Member

I saw one post for you grissle regarding the same issue. It is good to know that other players are facing the same problem. It is better for all players suffering the same problem to comment under this thread in order to the developers to hear us.

USDT~___V___ likes this.
  5. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

Just an FYI , I LOST 3600 INFAMY down to 500 from 4100 in less than 3 weeks. I'm struggling because I'm still playing against the same players as when I was at 4100.... how long will they try to keep me down?

If I were really tanking, this routine would be ideal to get really low in a hurry. I think they should spend more time analyzing whether a player is actually tanking or just victimized by the lat update. If they don't have that time, then establish a floor for the drop and eliminate all rewards until the player makes substantial progress with infamy.

Just my thoughts.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  6. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

you this guy?

9418E8E2-C7F9-4E33-AD1D-55B414F777A4.jpeg

7. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

8. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Even losing 3600 inf intentionally over 3 weeks would take some serious dedication.

I can’t comment on how/why it happened - I’ve only seen you in events that I can remember, but hopefully the update makes some improvements one way or the other (inf floor or better matchmaking or remove any reason to tank).

Reorge likes this.
  9. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

I think you're missing the point.
    Did he lose infamy? YES
    Did he did it on purpose? NO
    Is he punished for something that is natural for most of the players (bad losing streak)? YES
    To be honest nobody likes suiciders/tankers/floaters etc etc except for those who do it as a practice. We need a system that punishes those who lose on purpose and not that lose as part of the game. That's all

10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Reminder that personal attacks are not tolerated on the forum.

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

IMG_20190110_020812.jpg

TheAntiSnipe likes this.