1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying matchmaking

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by MiracleMax, 13 Dec 2018.

1. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Seriously, I just tried one more after the 20-mini was doing this, and guess what my match looked like??? I’m done playing non-special events, at least daily!

I mean, what’s the actual probability of almost 10-games, and almost all of them being against multiple fixers. How does this happen? If there was an overwhelming number of available fixers, wouldn’t the team distribution be about 50/50?

Attached Files:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

With all the unfixable problems for so long I think it is as if they want people to drop out of the game. There's no other explanation!!!

3. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Or...start spending $$$

4. JediKnight1968

They are never gonna take my money ... not with these chronic bugs and the quality of support in the game.
    Its the first game that when I started it was better than it is now !!!

Spartacus likes this.
  5. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Out of 21-games 2/3 were loses, and almost half of them were against teams with 2 or more fixers. I think this finally answers the old “conspiracy theory” question about BB taking direct action to ensure that you experience loses, in an attempt to maintain a 50/50 win/loss ratio. I just hate that they won’t be honest and admit that they do it, and tell us how. I stopped buying anything over 1-year ago, when I felt that something wasn’t right about their matchmaking, not just a bug. In the last few days, how can a bug explain almost 50% of my matches being against so many fixers, were I only had about 2 games with more than 1 fixer. Not to mention, that the way my ship performs in these scored matches is terrible when compared to most of the special events!

I just want to know how they do it. Is it by giving the team that’s supposed to lose a server with more lag? Or by selecting teams with advantageous ships like 2 fixers? Or by messing with the predictive aiming? Because honestly, I have witnessed multiple ships “slow” ships stop on a dime, right before entering my hit-point while they were cruising into it at full-speed. I’m not even going into the obvious lag where the ship magically jumps out of the way.

Mr. Bungle likes this.
  6. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Not only have I honored my commitment to not to spend any money, now I will stop watching ads as well, while looking for another “favorite game” to switch to. Look, I know that this probably sounds silly, a grown man fuming over a stupid video game. But to me, this has been the main game I’ve played when I have some leisure time, as such, I’ve invested my most precious commodity into it, my time, and its been fun. However, it’s also been an exercise in frustration since I know that I am either being intentionally deceived, or manipulated to believe that everything is fine because they themselves dont understand what’s causing the discrepancies. I appreciate the new “non-scored” mode, but it might be a bit late for that, at least for me. I was proud to get into NML, only to get dozens of back-to-back matches against multiple fixers and teams with numerous partnered players. And, I will say it again, the performance of my ship in most scored matches is significantly different then the performance in the special events, and I am not talking about increased weapon damage %. Playing special events almost daily, made this obvious to me, whereas before, it was just a suspicion. If I only had one wish regarding BB, it would be to finally hear the truth from the Devs, what is causing these discrepancies?

1. What caused the matchmaking issue where I am being paired against multiple fixers almost every other game? And why is mostly the other team, not mine?

2. Being on the same device, and using the same fast connection, why is there such a discrepancy in the performance of my ship? Specifically, the speed (Level 47 fixer, maxed out at 1.5), as well as the aim/hits? In the special events, I am most often the highest scoring player in the game, whereas, when I switch to the scored, it seems like I cant hit a stationary object. In the scored matches, I have noticed a trend, I am either performing better than I feel that I should, or worse, almost as if the system was balancing my performance to assure a win or a loss. In the special events, it mostly feels consistent, except for the occasional performance issues that I would consider similar to most of the “scored matches”, maybe 15% of the time.

If the devs simply acknowledged the issue(s), and provided an honest and logical explanation it might breath a little hope into jaded players like myself. The previous explanations wont cut it, especially after the back-to-backl multi-fixer games, and the huge ship performance difference between scored vs special event games.

Mr. Bungle likes this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've always been a proponent of non-manipulated matches... based on tight Infamy deviation and ship-type balancing.

In the mean time you just need to take anti-Fixer weapons to battle. Multi-Fixer teams are always bunched up, so the AOE weapons are your friend.

Spartacus likes this.
  8. JediKnight1968

That seems like a solution only one problem though... every time I load more than 2 mortars suddenly I find myself playing in a stage that has a lot of ceilings making my weapons worthless. Unlucky chance you may say. As soon as I take them out ... open skies !!! What a coincidence though right ??

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

"Illusory correlation"

10. JediKnight1968

Where's that medicine cabinet? I knew I'd forgotten something. Wifeeeeeeeeeeeeee my pills.

11. JediKnight1968

"Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys."

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Alright, let me tell you a fact about my profile nobody knew until now, and everyone will know after this xD.

I scored a leggy standard mortar in a recent combine.
    I also use twin missiles on my shooter from time to time.

So, my main build is double blast flare double nade, and the game does NOT put me into wide open maps more than 50% of the time or anything like that.

Neither does it happen that, when I switch to a mortar build, I get low ceilinged maps.

The reason you feel that way is probably because you have problems with your current build that make you feel super weak in closed-off maps and areas of the same.
    Build pics?

13. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle New Member

the same problem, to go into battle I need to wait 2 minutes, a very strong lag in the game, I think that the opposing team should be a mirror of your team.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I get the same feeling sometimes. I remedy that perception by using a Swiss army knife build: a mix of long and short range.

15. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

received_544628656051514.jpeg

... sent to me by a friend.
    Guess who won? ;)

Spartacus and MiracleMax like this.
  16. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

Rovio does this on purpose , intentionally make you lose so you feel you have weak weapons. Then they hope you spend money to buy more stuff to hopefully win. Greedy marketing strategy. Only problem is it pisses people off and leave the game

JediKnight1968 and Litcex like this.
  17. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

A bit off topic but maybe you wont mind shooting me a quick answer. For the “Event Box” percentages, how many games is that out of? For example, it says that you can earn the “3000x Ship Pieces” 2% of the time. Is that 2% out of 100, a 1000, or more games? Thanks.

Attached Files: