1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Players playing Offline - solution here

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Jesus Tabora Orellana, 2 Oct 2018.

?

What you think?

1. Good

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Bad

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Jesus Tabora Orellana

Jesus Tabora Orellana New Member

we should have the option to play on the player's boat that is offline.
    Because we losee because of them.
    Thanks.

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

So if you have a floater, you can control his ship at the end if you die?

Smag and Jesus Tabora Orellana like this.
  3. Jesus Tabora Orellana

Jesus Tabora Orellana New Member

Yes, Ash KOT... like that. Its a probability to win.
    Only because that player is offline.. any reason... but offline.

4. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Multiple lives are not new to the game with these new events. I could see that if you have a floater, the first on your team to die could respawn and get the 5th ship. It would be YOUR ship again and not the floater's. Grounds for this extra life would need to be well laid out. ie. Is a floater count only from the start, or what if someone drops out half way? etc. Floaters can be intentional from the start, but for me, I can get pulled from a match because of an important phone call, bad service, or my battery died.

I do find it unfair when a game is suddenly 5 on 4. (Although winning that game is extra rewarding.) I am not sure what effect this could have on game strategies. Is it really an advantage to have a full hp ship come in at the end? You are probably DOA anyways.

5. AntiHero

AntiHero Active Member

Add (im not so sure) as an option

Jesus Tabora Orellana likes this.
  6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’ve had a quite a few games that a floater could easily have carried if he’d come alive at the end.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I've had a game where I was that floater lol. Came alive and 1v2ed and won the game. Team was chuffed.

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

This is why I tend to sink floaters if I catch them early enough, I just have to hope my team can carry on without me during that time.

9. Smag

Smag Member

The take control of floater ships idea is really cool.. somehow I doubt it’ll ever happen or even be considered by the devs but I fully support this idea.

Jesus Tabora Orellana likes this.
  10. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I've had a game where a floater waited until he was the only one left on our team and then won a 1v4, because he had op gear (I was mk4 at the time and in master league and there wasn't as much power creep, so t4 rare was op to me lol. Well I'm 3k+ infamy and over half of my items are still t4r or lower).

Edit: the day after I posted this I got a t3e version of one of my t4r. But I don't have enough pearls to move the perks :(

Last edited: 6 Oct 2018
  11. Tom MacWithey

Tom MacWithey New Member

Round should be termed if a FLOATER doesn't move for a predetermined amt of time. It's becoming far too common & I experience at least 1 in every 10 rounds of play. It's truly disheartening to think the devs haven't figured this out by now & frustrating as hell. I report floaters regardless of circumstances & assuming at this point that no one is even looking at the Reports

12. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    its due to bad server or if someone received a phone call . sometimes game also stop working . happened to me yesterday when battle started it was showing the players list but for 30+ second , then i restarted the game but game stopped working so need to restart it again to play last moment of the battle .

sometimes i received phone call during battle or when server is low then my shot doesn't count . even when i am writing this i received a phone call . i think floaters is something not always due to players but serval other reasons i have mentioned . but i have seen players who run into unfriendly team area and die in seconds thats something people do intentionally .

13. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190102-140313.jpg just showing a match that I lost connection in :mad:.

14. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

tenor (1).gif
    Do u think it's possible?o_Oo_O

15. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Feeling sorry for you:p.
    Lol:D

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  16. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    I’ve had some ranked battles, which I won, even while a player was AFK. It makes it more difficult of course, because you start with a 4v5, but when your team works together (something that happens rarely XD) then you can still win:) (@HAPPY SITHSHA,my fleetmate weapon again:p)

17. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    It would be cool, but it'll get the same response as my "replacing players that are inactive for 1 minute with bots" suggestion. Zeus simply said that the chance of having a floater in your game is low.

But I feel like I get floaters every 5th match. Anyone else relate?

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  18. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    I don’t know or it is exactly every 5th match, but I still remember that time that I had fricking 2 floaters on my team (I’m a defenceless fixer who can shoot any shot xD)

But I really don’t think the chance of getting a floater in your team is low, because there are sooo many reasons a player has to leave the game (a few of these reasons are already mentioned above)...

HAPPY SITHSHA and Agile Vanguard like this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Your gif game is ON POINT, man

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Suiciding is one way to force infamy drop without being called out for floating. I have special words for suiciders, but unfortunately that's tough to enforce. My solution has always been to have infamy floors. There's just no reason that the game should allow someone to drop hundreds of infamy in a day... it's not like their skill or loadouts deteriorate over the course of a couple hours. Keeping them in the tougher matches is a deterrent, and scale rewards based on contribution.