1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Skins for Ships!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Scarlet, 4 Jan 2019.

1. Scarlet

Scarlet New Member

Idk if anyone has come up with this idea before, but I think it would be awesome if we can have Skins for ships.

They can be introduced during events like during winter glacian skin, during Halloween grimm skin would be lot of fun to have different skins in game!

Also can be on sale for pearls or $.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Haha, yes people have suggested this before. Like 50 times. First like 2 years ago.

Have the devs done anything about it? Haha, nope. Will the devs ever do anything about it? Haha, I doubt it.

But the idea is still nice.

Sidd gamer and NeptuneGaming like this.
  3. NeptuneGaming

NeptuneGaming Well-Known Member

Obviously devs prefer players to use their money on a perk they might not like
    Then they will spend money to get the right perk
    so instead of the 5$ they will spend 20$ to get the intended perk
    compare that to someone spending 5$ on a skin they like
    that player doesnt need to spend more money coz they already got the skin
    so if skins come they will come in a box of five titled "chance to get any of these skins"
    so the player will spend 15$ to get their skin
    its sad but true

Su-57, Sidd gamer and ViscountSniffit like this.
  4. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Yup that's so true, maybe it's better we don't have any skins in this game :D

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Skins are awesome of course but could mess up the easy identitification of ships. We know a shooter from a defender with ease now. So I am torn. Maybe a compromise we could personalize our ships with stickers, add a custom flag, or paint specific accessories on our ships, like the tire on the defender which would still leave the defender big and blue.

They can put RNG on it as long as we can sell skins/stickers, etc if we get dupes.

NeptuneGaming and Sidd gamer like this.
  6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Others and myself have asked for this over half a year ago, maybe a year. If they charge a dollar for these things for example, they can make some money and it is something most people can afford, quite the opposite with 99,99 dollar deals.

Sidd gamer and benguin8 like this.
  7. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

SPECIAL OFFER! 200 Skins for 99.99!

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  8. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    They would probaly introduce skins as a paid item in the next few updates.

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

We were sort of assuming that once they consolidated the look of each ship from 7 down to 1 that would make it easier for skins.... but months later, nothing.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I was hoping that was the also the case, but I honestly believe now it was just a cost cutting measure so that they didn't have to design and code 7 different designs for Interceptor/Reaper/Guardian.

I would prefer they take back their 3 new boats and give us the Mk1 through Mk7 designs again.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

True... at the time we didn't know about the new ships, the consensus was that it made it easier for skins... not that it was a measure of laziness (aka lack of design resources).

Sidd gamer likes this.