1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Update 4.2 sneak peak!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 21 Dec 2018.

1. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

To be clear I'm not quitting just venting because it's kind of dumb.

Sidd gamer, fkosta05 and Fish like this.
  2. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Venting is definitely fair.

fkosta05 likes this.
  3. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Dumbest thing they've done to this game by far and the update isn't even released and I already hate it. With tdm seeming likely the only way to play for infamy. I don't like tdm anyway, I'm going to just stay over 4k before the update and never play ranked again

fkosta05 likes this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

TDM massively favours higher DPS ships like Shooter. I can’t see how this is going to be balanced — it isn’t.

I’d be completely happy with Rovio ‘mixing things up’, if they were also capable of admitting when they make a mistake, and fixing it quickly. But that is never what happens.

What invariably does happen is: Rovio makes a big change > lack of testing becomes obvious > followed by community backlash > followed by Rovio either burying their head in the sand and refusing to admit there is a problem, or overreacting and making things worse.

I’m 100% certain that these changes will result in me dropping a load of infamy, because my main boat isn’t good in TDM. A lot of the strategies that make Speeder good: assassinations, mopping up kills, 1v1 duals — they aren’t effective in TDM. Even key items like Bandage, are virtually pointless in TDM.

I’m sure Speeder is not the only ship that will be affected this way.

What I want to know is: how long is it going to take for Rovio to figure this out (since I know they won’t listen to players), and then how long is going to take for them to fix it?

It has taken me almost a year to start gaining infamy again, after a heavy handed update killed my main build. If this ends up being another setback, then honestly what’s the point?

It’s hard enough making progress in this game, without the developers pulling the rug from under you every few months.

By all means improve the game, maybe even try marketing it a little. But please please stop undermining our progress.

Last edited: 3 Jan 2019
  5. fkosta05

fkosta05 New Member

fkosta.
    ima try this update coming soon

6. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

I'm also willing to be bribed into liking the update a legendary turbo and a legendary Band-Aid would do it. Oh and because I'm greedy a legendary nitro too.

TheAntiSnipe and Redneck Messiah like this.
  7. R4Z0R

R4Z0R Well-Known Member

how does the 2 ship thing work? is it like war thunder where u can change vehicles after u die?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

yeah. If I equip a Reaper and a Defender and select the Defender, I will play as the Defender until I die, at which point I can rejoin the match as the Reaper.

9. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Apart from getting the necessary blue items, it seems like it won't be very hard to equip multiple boats, especially if it's ones with different item types, such as enforcer and reaper (or even a guardian). It seems like hit and run tactics and using lots of cover will be more important in this new mode instead of playing aggressively. So it makes me wonder how enforcer will fare after this new update.

EDIT: I don't think you're only going to be able to select two boats, as the trailer mentioned that you'd need a MINIMUM of two boats, so I'd bet that people are going to be able to use three or even more, but dying that many times probably wouldn't be very helpful in a match.

Sidd gamer and Redneck Messiah like this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

That’s the part I find most confusing about this. Do all players get 2 spawns max? or does 8 ships mean 8 lives? What are the victory conditions? Is it first to 10 kills? I’ve had lots of TDM games where I have zero deaths, only to lose with time still left on the clock.

Keeping us in the dark about this is not helping to ‘build excitement’, it just forces us to speculate over all the ways this is going to suck. Even in the best case, where each player is limited to one respawn (max). It’s going to mean much longer games, much more Mine spamming, and basically spell the end of the intense 1v1s that made games so exciting.

Imagine how disappointing it is going to be to win an intense 1v1 or 2v1, only to discover your openents each have a respawn left. Or to make an awesome comeback, only to lose the game on time.

I’m willing to keep an open mind, but I can’t (as of now) imagine any scenario where this will make the game better, or where the obvious flaws can be reconciled.

And to be honest: @Zeus hiding on discord, where people can’t respond to him, ultimately helps no one. Good ideas should be able to withstand scrutiny. If he’s afraid to engage with us, in case we poke holes in his plan, then he at least needs to ask himself some difficult questions, before he unleashes yet another ****storm of problems that he hasn’t anticipated.

Last edited: 4 Jan 2019
  11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Maybe they just don't communicate, because they cannot stand critisism?

They should hire 2 new persons, one good marketeer and one who teaches them to listen and to communicate. If they do, I am sure things will get better. But for now it seems amateuristic the way they handle their players aka customers.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I think this new ranked mode will cause many people to float, when they see they are 6 ships behind, people probably just quit the battle.

To improve the game they should have given new rewards and things for people who progressed. So, when you reach Master you get a new map and a nea ships unlocks, when you reach Ace, same thing. This way people have something to look forward to, but now when everything is pretty much available for everyone, it gets boring too quickly.

I posted this idea before. This concept has been around since the first computer games. That is the utmost best way to go with a game. So, you know you have still a lot of things ahead of you. Back in the day I had a Commodore 64 and all games were like that, so you were willing to work for it.

This will keep the game fresh for everyone. Not changing the whole idea of the game and ditching all the old trusted modes. Most companies who changed their entire product against the will of their customers, have all shot themselves in the foot.

Key word for Rovio for the New Year, learn to listen!

13. ViscountSniffit

To their credit, the Battle Bay devs have had a pretty good track record with community interaction. It is only recently that they’ve gone quiet, which is disappointing.

I can understand that there is a lot of criticism, vitriol, and even abuse that comes from the player base, which can’t be nice to deal with. But I also think that shutting down communication makes it worse.

You don’t always need to give players what they want, but if you’re not properly engaging and figuring out what players ‘need’ then you’re kind of doomed to keep making unpopular decisions like the agility update, or whatever the hell is about to happen next that no one asked for.

14. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Very true! I hate to read some of the comments calling the devs stupid or brain dead, there is absolutely no need to be so rude. So, in that regards I get why they just work 'out of our sight'.

And I applaud them for coming up with new things and also understand they cannot implement all our ideas, but I see so little of what we brought forward. Also very simple ideas like make one claim button with the guild quests instead of every quest its own button.

But I still think they should implement this old idea when people progress they open up new maps, boats and others things. It is not my idea, but I know it is the best idea for a game. Trust me, I have a computer since 1984 or 1985.

Sidd gamer and ViscountSniffit like this.
  15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

No need to call the devs stupid. Fine that you don't agree with them, but no need for name calling.

16. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Don't dare to say that again, it is the best game ever, heard me? EVVEER, but they ruined it.

And I think this update is good, thought most of time I don't like their work.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  17. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

yes it is, couldn't find a better word.

What's Up Player and Reorge like this.
  18. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Worst is the Dutch word for sausage, so you can always eat it as you don't like it anymore.

This Is Me and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Guys update is not here! Lets reserve our reviews for the time being. Reviews without trying the actual thing isn't fair for the product.
    And I hear lot of players saying BB was better before than how come its not earning. You may think you know it all, but there is noone who knows everything.
    For us its just a game. For devs its pays. Who would benefit more. Who actually want game to be better more??

Sidd gamer, KINGIVANOV, Fish and 3 others like this.
  20. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Try harder, no need to be rude.