1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Update 4.2 sneak peak!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 21 Dec 2018.

1. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Is it coming out 1st January?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Sidd gamer

Sidd gamer Active Member

Its 1st Jan in indiaindia now

Sewah likes this.
  3. BoatBlaster

BoatBlaster Member

probably push out on Wed, right after event

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

I suggest everyone has two deaths allotted,, and any over two will forfeit ther coins for that match! Should help curb some of the super suiciders.

Turkett

5. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Still no devs comments on this...TDM on ranked is a joke. I ain't got two ships to play, i only like speeder. I don't want to be forced to play two ships...this is not the old battle bay i loved.

Flint, Hellcat_17 and Redneck Messiah like this.
  6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Though it does fit with their recent P2W strategy.

7. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Most of us don't have two turbos... I don't even have two good sets of shields :(

Sewah and Redneck Messiah like this.
  8. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

#FirstWorldProblems

9. Ekans_Hissy

Ekans_Hissy Member

Ciao! Are you PerlaNera In the game? xD

10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Maybe I was a bit harsh earlier and I hope I am wrong and the normal ranked battle mode will still exist next tot the new one.

TheAntiSnipe and Sidd gamer like this.
  11. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

What I’m hoping is that since infamy will now be on the line, people won’t play like mindless berserker robots. Also, if HTDM is infamy based, I won’t be playing against @YSL, Weeze, AM, Charlie Conway and Godlike all in same team, so it may be easier.

Guncaptain809 and Sidd gamer like this.
  12. Devendra328

Devendra328 New Member

ETA on update?

13. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold out hope. There is ZERO indication that normal(team elimination) ranked battle mode will still exist for infamy matches. The update video was pretty clear.
    Infamy Battles will now be Hardcore Team Deathmatch (with two ships needed to play)
    Casual Battles(non-infamy) will be the traditional Team Elimination(no respawn) battles.

To me this is a huge mistake and basically changes BattleBay forever to a mindless respawn-fest.

The only thing that seems in question is whether you will be able to equip the sames items to both ships. My gut tells me you won't be able to. The developers want everyone to be able to equip two ships and want people to spend money to do it.

In the 4.2 Sneak Peek video they specially say that you MUST equip at least two boats. And if you notice when you die, you cannot select the ship(shooter) which you just died from.
    They also specially say that Rank Battles are now Hardcore Team Deathmatch.

The funniest thing in the video is when the narrator says "Team Deathmatch" is their "Popular" new gamemode. LOL LOL. I don't know how he didn't laugh when he said that.

We all know what is coming. The community was never asked for feedback on these changes. We just have to live with it.

Ovidmikel, Flint, Sewah and 2 others like this.
  14. Redneck Messiah

Er... Pardon me Rovio, but the amount of people griping about TDM being boring and asking for more CTF/Cap Or Kill events makes me doubt that... not to mention that literally everyone seems to hate TDM becoming ranked and Team Elimination becoming casual.

Ovidmikel and Sidd gamer like this.
  15. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    Unlike most here it seems, I am welcome to these changes!

Su-57 and -729835959 like this.
  16. Breizh Coconut

Breizh Coconut New Member

I am waiting to see what the update is about, because my english is not good enough to anderstand all the changes about battle modes.
    I am a bit afraid because what i like is normal mode, and i agree with flint messages i read. I don't like deathmatches. I play them because we don't have choice, this is the place to win rewards (perks or puzzle pieces) and this is were to score the most for guild quest. And because of that the waiting period before normal mode become very long. Very frustrating. Developer should'nt think we all like tdm and that is what we want. Tdm is horrible game play, just running to the fight whatever the way it is, just respaw and run again... This not fun at all. Succes of tdm is really because we don't have choice to play it ! Ranked normal mode is the original mode, the one that make bbay succes. The one for Real warrior that are not afraid to play infamy. I'm not sure i will like the update but i wait to see it because i don't really anderstand it for the moment. I played everyday since maybe may 2017. But i didn't like most of the update and i'm scare it is loosing bbay DNA... Hope i'm wrong but i'm not scare anymore to leave the game if i don't like changes...

Flint likes this.
  17. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

you’ll be playing alone at the bay

18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Currently the speculation is torpedo/ mine shield and a new torpedo.
    The shield would be kind of cool but what else can be done with a torpedo that we don't already have?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  19. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Possible has slight targeting systems or shoots a bunch of mini torpedos like a Gatling gun.

JoshW and Sidd gamer like this.
  20. Redneck Messiah

NUCLEAR MISSILEZ XD

JoshW and TheAntiSnipe like this.