1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So... When is Rovio shutting down the Bay?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KRN Nomad, 19 Nov 2018.

1. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Agreed. Players have been asking for piece separation since the Reaper was added, and we're just now seeing it... Rovio dev team needs to read through the forums once in a while, see what the playerbase thinks, and test out ideas/improvements that have a lot of support from the community. I think that Rovio has a good team, and the forum/Discord community has a lot of experiences and suggestions to share... What the game needs to succeed is more contact and exchange of thoughts between the two groups.

Flint, ViscountSniffit and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

This is a question asked to Zeus on Discord and his reply:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Please create a poll on the forums/Battle Bay inbox from time to time with 4 options on how the players want Battle Bay's updates to look in the future. This would help communication with the community and reduce complaints.
    Thanks
    A: While this sounds great, having a community driven roadmap is not something to strive for. There can be no consensus, and you cannot reach or force each player to respond to a survey or poll. While in theory it sounds amazing, the reality is much different.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This answer is one of the main things that troubles me about the future of this game. The developers have pretty much decided they are going to do what they want, which they are entitled to do. Businesses don't have to listen to customers. Successful businesses usually do listen to their customers and want their feedback on how to earn more of their business and be more successful. This does not appear to be the BattleBay business model.
    Sure we can make suggestions and some things they might eventually do after milking all the cash they can from whales willing to pay(example: split the ship pieces). I am willing to bet at this point that making this ship piece change was based upon a drastic reduction in customers BUYING ship coins/pieces.
    But past history and the discord answers have pretty much told us that we can suggest all we want, but our suggestions and opinions don't play much of a roll in the future of BattleBay. Many of us will play BattleBay until it dies out no matter what decisions they make, but in the game's current state, I don't see the game picking up NEW hardcore players to replace the ones they are losing.

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Good point. Arriving new at this juncture and realizing how long it would take (or how much $$$) to build out a ship would be a deal breaker for me. I'll be a full 2 years in before I can fill out a single T5E ship... and that was prior to all the progression nerfs. Want to play more ships? haha... "suck it", says Rovio.

4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    War net informed me that they had to split ship pieces anyway (not because they wanted to) because it was legally gambling and would force the game off the market in many countries. I don't want to be a negative guy, so I'll say this game is great..for payers.

Ok, there was the rant, now is the feedback.

Hopefully the new hardcore deathmatch has the ability to use the same items on a different ship. If not, we have to upgrade all 5 ships and get seperate items for each one, which would slow progression to more than 10 years.

Last edited: 2 Jan 2019
    This Is Me and Sidd gamer like this.
  5. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Reading this I can't help but ask this..

So why are you guys still playing? Why are you guys still logging in everyday for the free rewards? Why are you still pressing that battle button everyday?

I just don't understand. I've seen people complaining about the game basically since the agility update, but people are still playing. Why?
    Maybe I'm just simple, I got let down by devs more then one time in a row so I uninstalled the game.

What hold you back? Why can't you do the same?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    My reasons:
    1. There is a tiny part of me that believes the Devs can fix this.
    2. Battle Bay is addictive, no matter how fustrated at the Devs we get.
    3. We believe we can still progress despite all this going on.
    4. The most important reason, the community. We make bonds in Battle Bay through the friend request button, discord and forums. That's why I will never leave these three connections even if I decide to quit.

This Is Me, Sewah, Reorge and 8 others like this.
  7. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

If hardcore TDM doesnt has the ability to use the same item for 2nd ship, i dont think i will ever play ranked again (at least untill i have proper blue and red item which take 1-2 year)

envylife and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.
  8. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

True:) giphy.gif ;);)

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

"Came for the game, stayed for the community."

That's me in one sentence.

A longer version of the story...

I started the game as a noobie. I started off really enjoying the game. The smooth mechanics, the waves that made sure you'd never quite have the same game. The fact that you could basically roleplay a ninja and none the wiser.

Eventually, I got along to taking a look at the leaderboard. Normally, the day I see a game's leaderboard is the beginning of the end. In my case I was 576 infamy. I looked up and I saw these... Giants. They had beautiful gold tabs next to their names, and had iconic names. Miraculously, I didn't quit! When I really started pushing, I was like, "I'm going to play hard. Reach Nightmare. Then I'm gone."

Then I met @Epekka. @ChaseSU. @P0rthos. @SirojPr (a.k.a BlackTail). @Snapshot. I met my first wave of the new generation of players post-launch. I met everyone. Became an MVP. Became a DECENT YouTuber. Learned that I'm skilled and people ACTUALLY take notes watching my videos(this was @Snapshot, never met a better and faster-advancing player. I'd say he was even better than me though it isn't really a tall bar lol). Over time those numbers grew.
    Now that I'm a Nightmare, it still feels like there's tons to do. That's basically why I play BB.

10. sunil birda

sunil birda Member

Well when u r mentioning microtransaction I would like to add that I am earning decent amount of money as far as India is concerned but VIP cost me 1% of my yearly wages which is too much to spend for me on a game. This should be atleast 10 times lower and I can see 60% of indian players joining up to VIP which will give rovio .Ore money than they can imagine. They are trying to become apple with a xiaomi like product. It is not going to succeed.

RACK STAR, Reorge, Sidd gamer and 4 others like this.
  11. KRN Nomad

KRN Nomad Member

I stopped playing right after I posted this on the forum. Today is my first time looking at the thread I started back in November. By looking at the forums, it seems like there are creating more endless grinding, requiring players to pour in resources. I'll log on to the game for the first time in 3 months to see what's changed. I doubt they turned this game any sexier than before the radical update, tho.

Reorge likes this.
  12. Alpakaa

Alpakaa Member

Student and part-Time Alpaca
    pft. I took a break from BB for 3 weeks because it was burning up my phone and it was constantly restarting. Now I have BB on computer and I missed playing a lot.

it's not just you, but it's not everyone else either.

13. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I am just selfish.
    I play because i want to test all the new features.
    To bad if i dont heal u enough.

Nikkie!, Alpakaa and HAPPY SITHSHA like this.