1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The lack of response from Developers.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by GrizzlyMoose, 15 Dec 2018.

?

Do you think the developers are doing enough to address issues raised by players?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Developers Have Not Time to Read or Comments But They Wanted to Make us Play 10 Hours a. Day to Get 900 COINS . Strange .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I've been following your "Why are issues not resolved?" Thread for a while now, and I feel for you folks. It's really nice to see guildmates come together to help a fellow member!

3. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

It's a fair point to raise. A forum is a community place for discussions, sharing of ideas and having the community come together is great but this forum is owned by the Battle Bay team. Rovio still have the responsibility of being involved and a part of 'their' own community.

If the Rovio team are much happier to respond on discord, where's the forum post asking for players to join from the Dev team? Should they not look at closing the forum or locking it down as an archive and have the player base move to discord?

Tessa Rose and Sidd gamer like this.
  4. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

I g

I guess they did in a way when they added a link in the game?

5. Scourge Argaen

In one respect you could make an assumption of the purpose behind the Discord. The only post I've found for it is in the 4.0 Hot Fix Update announcement thread:

But nothing that elaborates on why they introduced it in the first place, what their intention was behind it or going forward and what it means for the forum.

6. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Sorry to be blunt, but that's a load of crap. The amount of forum posts made in a day takes 10 minutes to read. MVP's keep the forum in line for them, and most questions are already answered by other users. It's the tiny bit of work beyond that we are discussing.

The way it seems to work is this: BB Forums are for announcements and player banter. Discord is for player banter as well, but more importantly it has a suggestion system where players submit well reasoned suggestions, the suggestions get voted on by other players, and the suggestions that get player approval are all responded to by Zeus. It's a decent system that saves Zeus's time, and avoids him having to discuss anything with players directly.

7. envylife

Also to be blunt again, voting on this thread indicates an 84% player disapproval rate. Obviously something better needs to be done.

8. Scourge Argaen

Need to get it to 35 up votes for a Dev Response ;)

Last edited: 24 Dec 2018
    Sidd gamer and Tessa Rose like this.
  9. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I think the forum is supposed to be an information sharing site for players. (Strategy, questions, answers, memes:p) Discord is more of asking the Devs directly.

(I sometimes see Zues online, maybe he's just reading threads and not replying.)
    But I agree, the forums are quite dead of Dev response. Everyone move to discord!

Last edited: 27 Dec 2018
    Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. Tessa Rose

Tessa Rose New Member

In all fairness, our issue started on the forum, stayed here for a bit then moved to Discord. Still absolutely Nothing. So I don’t believe that an average player stands a chance to get a true issue resolved.

Sidd gamer and Scourge Argaen like this.
  11. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Nope. Shocky changed it to 100.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. Scourge Argaen

Aye I saw that change she/he made yesterday, going from 35 - 100 is very steep. Considering how low the votes on ideas are currently, we won't get any Dev responses for a long time.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

D4F7B45A-3AE8-4BCE-9DCC-A8A2B419372B.png Since this was the very next thread I read, I couldn’t help but leave my two cents here lol
    Considering this post was made Christmas morning my time, I reckon it’s better then average

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. Tessa Rose

Tessa Rose New Member

I think if it just a minor problem you may can get if fix quicker. The issue we are dealing with is the game crashes on his main every time he opens it, but works perfectly fine if he opens his mini. Same pad, so it’s not the iOS, it is something with his game tag. We have been trying to get it working since before Thanksgiving. This isn’t on mine, but a friend. Numerous players have been trying to help him get it fixed. He is a fun player and is losing hope. It will be a huge loss for many of us if he quits.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. Yomama!

Yomama! Member

I went from 2800 infamy to 1700 and now I'm being punished for it. I get no rewards because of how shitty the ship balance and match making is..
    What are the chances of 99% of my matches all shooters (on my team) maybe 1 or 2 leg weapons (t1-t2)
    And enemy team has 1-3 fixers speeder enforcer reaper anything that speeds around . And t2-t3 leg weapons ALL OVER THE OTHER SIDE. I mean really what are the chances that all of my matches are like that???? Because they are.. How is 5 slow shooters loaded with mortars suppose to kill an entire team of speedy type ships that are constantly healing with way more powerful weapons?? I mean come the hell on how long do we all have to complain but you guys do something. Stop rewarding the p2w players... HEY US LITTLE BROKE PEOPLE ARE HERE TOO! sorry I'm poor please don't punish me for it.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  16. envylife

It's not actually a P2W thing, it's the NML Reset that's causing your Infamy drop, plus continuous events that ensure no one actually adjust their Infamy to compensate for the reset. All those NML players that were 4000-5500 are now 4000 or below, so effectively 1500 Infamy has been removed from the pool and everyone got adjusted downwards. After a couple full seasons of that mess your punishment should subside. Not so coincidentally I also dropped 1100 into the penalty zone, now 2 leagues lower than I was 8 months ago. It's a mess...showing us the Devs don't actually understand how their own game works.