1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying matchmaking

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by MiracleMax, 13 Dec 2018.

1. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

What's with 3 fixers on one team and none on the other team Screenshot_2018-12-12-18-42-57.png Screenshot_2018-12-12-18-42-57.png Screenshot_2018-12-12-18-32-31.png

2. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Devs: CoNnEcTiOn IsSuE

Reorge and What's Up Player like this.
  3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Zeus says it keeps the game interesting and claims the data tells them neither side has the advantage over the other.

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  4. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

That's NOT interesting

Hellcat_17 and Yomama! like this.
  5. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

mUsT bE LaG

Reorge and Agile Vanguard like this.
  6. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

The question u should ask: How are you still in masters with those items.? :confused: Does everyone in masters have these epic t5 items now? The new players must really enjoy the game now. Lol ;-)

7. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yea, that 2000 Infamy area has always been a hornets nest of questions. Full T5E load outs aren't that uncommon, but most are not that built up.

Matchmaker likes to use a full 700 Infamy spread, which is 33% of the entire Infamy at that level, too much variance for a good matchmaking system. Also I notice it matches upwards for me which can make climbing back out more difficult than it should be. Sitting at 2100 Infamy I would expect to see just as many 1400 Infamy players as 2800 Infamy but that's just not the case, I usually see 2800-2900 Infamy in my matches. That should bring me more reliable teammates, but it's not proving to be the case... that Infamy is too much of a mixed bag.

I would much rather see Matchmaking Infamy in a tight range (+/-100, regardless of wait time) without further manipulation (there's so much of it!) aside from boat-type balancing (lack thereof has been the latest topic of complaint).

Ah well, back to perpetual Events... as Infamy remains meaningless aside from the significant fact that it drives Event Battle Rewards. That conflict is a problem the Devs need to solve.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  9. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    YoUr PrObLeM nOt OuRs.

Reorge and This Is Me like this.
  10. Napolike1926

Napolike1926 Active Member

Yeah really interesting a total random matchmaking. Noobs over 4k infamy and top players dropping as fk if not fleet with a fixer. Really fair and interesting.

Lol? Main problem is the opposite. If there are 3 fixers, with some mines in the team (really often over 4k) and they know how to play, there are no chance for the other team. Anyway fixers are a total different ship from all the others. It heals, so if a team can receive heal, why the other team shouldn't be able to? Ok with 1 different number of fixer (that I don't approve anyway) but 2-3-4 different number of fixers are really really a crazy thing.

11. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

Yea, not a fan of multiple fixers either.

But what happens if 100 players online and everyone is chasing a fixer quest and 70% plays fixer?

How could they adjust matchmaking for that?

I would tend to think that this is when you see multi fixer battles.

The only problem is when they are all on one team. That is an easy adjustment.

The real question I would ask Zeus is how is a 55% loss rate a fair battle?

Napolike1926 likes this.
  12. Napolike1926

And how they can be sure this statistic is fair as well? Many battles could be losses because 1-2 fixers of those 3 in a team, are kamikazes or shooters in other team are scary to attack as rambo (once they should do it) so they would die one per one. But if fixers know what to do and the other 2 ships stay near them, battle has no-history.

skv1256 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

@MiracleMax

I'm guessing your not liking the Duct Tape event?

14. Napolike1926

They changed topic name, but it's more than annoying. It's sh*t. It's du*b. Many players are quitting for this sh**ty fix and many others will do it (same for me probably). Go back to the sh**ty one before of this, it was just a bit better at least.

Ps: I'm fkin angry, you can picture that.

Last edited: 18 Dec 2018
  15. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

well I love it like that.

16. Napolike1926

You love unfair things then. Guess you are juventus supporter lol
    Why should one team received heal by 2 fixers and the other team shouldn't be able to receive heal as well?

17. Kurd1stan.

no i said i love mayhem.

i don't watch football or any game.

and good fixers can change a battle, yeah i know every good player, using any ship, can change a battle, but for fixers they can do a lot. while a team can't get any healing they can do a lot of damage and that is what they should do, but since we are talking about battle bay then,probably, there is no should/shouldn't everyone will play as he wants because it isn't team vs team game.

18. Napolike1926

And that's why they should fix matchmaking as fair as possible because it depends on every single player. If you release a matchmaking unfair + random people playing the game= more unfair as possible.

19. Napolike1926

Think about this, please:
    Imagine 3 fixers in my team + me (speeder) and a shooter. (99% we have at least 2-3 mines).

Now:
    (Good prospective, all players do what they have to do)
    I start, show enemies & do my speeder stuff as always. Then we'll find a spot where to repair and drop all mines around. Then we just have to target one per one and go back get heal every time we need (and don't forget that fixer got same fire power of a speeder and often they are not bad with shots).
    Guess it's a 99% win battle.

(Bad prospective, 2 fixers feel like rambo and expose themself)
    I start and do my stuff, then I look at my right: I have a fixer with me. Both of us show enemies, but for sure they'll not target me. Fixer thinks: "well it's just start game and we are 3 fixers!!!" and shoot (and it's too slow to run far away).
    Probably the other team started pushing and reached a range where they are able to use all weapons or so.
    (1 fixer dies)
    During this period, other players probably reached our exposed spot where we can't camper and probably i'm in another spot as well trying to distract enemies. But with 2 easy target fixers you can imagine where they'll shoot. And u can imagine the end of the battle as well.

At the end all this just to say that it don't depends strictly on which ships are in which team, but players influence the match. So if it's unfair if all players would play well, why we should play just counting on luck? Not cool, not nice, not anything, but first of all unfair.

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  20. Kurd1stan.

and why (99% we have 2-3 mines)? that is just another problem that i left NML because of it twice, and also they will have mines too, so you cant do your speeder stuff, that is why i don't play my double nitro speeder that i went from master league to NML with it, MEANING; this game will never get better but it will only gets more and more boring and more stupid, haven't you seen those baewatch/toobers top guilds competitions? , that is why mayhem is good.