1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The lack of response from Developers.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by GrizzlyMoose, 15 Dec 2018.

?

Do you think the developers are doing enough to address issues raised by players?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

While we all enjoy playing the game, recent changes have increased the lvl of frustration amongst players.

Many are complaining about matchmaking, battle rewards, constant events, etc...

This is further compounded by the lack of response by the developers to concerns. There are numerous threads that I have read that point out obvious issues and some great answers and remedies offered by the playing community.

One thing that stands out is the LACK OF RESPONSE from the developers. They totally ignore most of the issues which at times is even more frustrating that the original issue.

I do realize that it is a time consuming process to respond to every thread, but the fact is that this forum was created, in part, to allow dialogue between developers and players. The fact that most of the threads receive no input from development team is a shame. It's like someone is not doing their job?

It's time for the developers to address the issues that are presented here and stop ignoring them. Show a little common courtesy and a little respect for those of us who play your game and feed you families.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Have you seen the official Battle Bay Discord server? They have a channel called #ask-the-devs where you can ask questions and give suggestions to the developers. I think you should take a look.

Sidd gamer and JoshW like this.
  3. GrizzlyMoose

So what is the purpose of the forum? Just a place to blow off steam?

This is where I have chosen to post.

Maybe the Developers should take a look here.......and maybe even respond.

No disrespect to you, but you are not helping with your suggestion. Your response is what we called, in my customer service days, Send the fool further.

Thanks, but no thanks.

4. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

It says I'm not authorized to post in there. What good is that shit? How do you get authorized to post

Sidd gamer likes this.
  5. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

You have to submit you questions via bot by using the suffics !suggest

6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Communication through the forums is very difficult. The same ideas/issue pop up all over the place in different threads and with the limited staff of the devolpement team I can see how it is very difficult for them to sort through everything.

I believe the creation of MVPs was intended to "filter" this information to the developers so they can get streamlined information without all the background noise.

7. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

MVPs are supposed to do the moderation (look at the reports, move, lock, and moderate threads, etc) so the devs can look at the suggestions and work on other things.

8. GrizzlyMoose

Proof again that the suggestion was to " Send the fool further "

I am not about to go jumping thru hoops to get a response. Bots and suffices.....yes bye....I suppose.

As I said this is where I have chosen to post.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. GrizzlyMoose

Communication is not difficult. You have communicated as have others.

The issue is not communication, but lack or response from developers.

A simple look or search will show new threads and posts.

Funny how they can respond on Discord and not here.

10. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

They just don't care what players want or like it's only a good idea if they thought of it or it makes them money. If they don't like it then that's the way they are going to design the game because they don't care what the players want

GrizzlyMoose likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

Okay...
    Okay...
    So. Thing is. The reason I recommended this to you is because many of the questions asked on the forum ARE in fact answered on the Discord server.
    When players respond to an issue or complaint, maybe you should ask them if their answer references a dev reply? You'll be surprised how many times they answer "yes".

The devs have cleared quite a few game doubts on the forum, however, that doesn't stop people from reposting without searching first. And when players answer queries, the same people ask for dev confirmation(which is cool but really, people don't troll here because of all the other people who call them out).

My suggestion was simply meant to guide you in the right path to the place where devs reply. Looking back, however, your thread does not seem to be made for that purpose, so I understand what you meant by not helping, however, that "send the fool further" comment offends me. I don't work for Rovio, I'm simply trying to help by directing you to the solution instead of just supporting your argument(which I do not disagree with, believe me. You're not wrong)

Sending a fool further is "sending someone looking for something that doesn't exist" and is a way of washing your hands of the responsibility. Which is NOT what I'm doing.

I do not know why you're being rude, nor why you expect me to not take offence after that particular remark. I do know that I'm not helping here, nor am I needed here, rather, it seems like quite a few people here are simply here to bash mods, MVPs and devs.

I'll show myself out.

12. GrizzlyMoose

Look man, if you took offense to my comment, I'm sorry, but, Remember I did preface it by saying no disrespect to you and was not trying to be rude. And I'm not trying to bash mods or anyone else. Believe me if I was, you would know it. The wording would be quite a bit different.

I sincerely mean that as I find you one of the most helpful posters here and appreciate your input.

Maybe your definition of send the fool is slightly different than mine.

I am not doubting that I may get answers on Discord, but if this is the forum, created by the team for discussing the game we should get answers here and that's the point. You know as well as I do that there are threads here that were discussing things such as game changes or problems that never received any acknowledgment from dev team. Not because they didn't see it.

As for discord and using bots and suffices....thanx but no. I have installed it and looked around, but I find it to be extremely frustrating and not something I plan to use.

But...here's an thought.

If something is asked and answered on Discord, why not just create a thread and c/p it.

13. TheAntiSnipe

It's tedious for even me(I have quite a lot of time on my hands when I'm not in college) to find and c/p everything that gets answered on Discord although I have tried to. So idk about that.

And okay, maybe our definitions are different ;)

14. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Zues directly responds to your suggestion if it gets 35 votes. The forum is more of a question and answer place with other players. There's plenty of strategy here too.

I suggested Epekka's Backstab event idea and Zues said it was an good idea and he'll talk to the team. Even if it doesn't get considered and implimented, I still know that the Devs are listening to the idea and have their are reasons why they won't/can't do it.

I believe that there's a much higher chance of the Devs seeing a post with 35 like-minded people than a MVP/Dev looking at suggestions on the forum.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 16 Dec 2018
  15. GrizzlyMoose

Okay, I caved and went to Discord to ask a question.

The Ask Dev is showing as read only?

What am I missing?

Am I supposed to ask in bot commands ?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  16. GrizzlyMoose

I figured it out.

Ask n bot commands.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Agile Vanguard

No, don't ask in bot commands. Technically you can use !suggest in any chat but putting it all in 1 chat cleans it up. This is the process:

Go to the suggestions chat and using !suggest before anything you type will transfer it to the Ask The Devs chat.
    2. The most important suggestions are selected. This is done by gaining 35 upvotes and not getting more than 15 downvotes.
    3. Once you gain 35 upvotes, it moves to the Ask the Devs- Responses page and Zues replies to it personally. He will give you a detailed reply.
    4. Hopefully make battle bay better.

You probaly already know this but just in case you haven't figured it out yet.

JoshW and GrizzlyMoose like this.
  18. GrizzlyMoose

Yea, well, it worked, but next time I will go to suggestions chat.

Discord is new to me so maybe a how to guide would have helped. I wasn't able to find one.

Oh and my suggestion was about Changes to GUI to flag for completed guild quests. I'd appreciate a vote.

19. Agile Vanguard

Sure. :)

JoshW likes this.
  20. Tessa Rose

Tessa Rose New Member

I feel the pain of not having questions answered or friends helped. I am not sure what the answer is, but I do feel as our issue has just been kicked down the road. It is so frustrating and am about ready to give up completely.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.