1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mine Spamming

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Skirra08, 13 Dec 2018.

?

What should devs do to address mine spam?

1. Reduce mine damage by 40%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Increase mine cooldown time by 40%

18.2%
  3. Make mines a 2 slot item

22.7%
  4. All of the above

13.6%
  5. None of the above mines are great (wrong)

31.8%
  6. Mines explode on respawn

13.6%
  1. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Ok so mine Spamming has gotten out of control. I'd argue that it's worse than firebomb or mortar spamming ever were. It takes absolutely no skill to run around and drop mines. And once you get to ace 1 every single one of them does about 5k damage. That's insane especially for a one slot item. So should they fix it and if so how.

2. KillaBeez710

KillaBeez710 Member

They are definitely becoming a problem in the bay right now, especially with events. And now people are leveling up so many mines they are taking them into ranked now too. My suggestion is to nerf the duration the mines stay in the water. I’ve heard it’s like two minutes! Which is crazy in a 5 minute match that rarely goes the whole time.

Sidd gamer and Reorge like this.
  3. ShinkuMoon

ShinkuMoon Member

I agree with KillaBeez's idea and in addition, there should be a mechanism that greatly reduces the duration of the mines further after the miner is sank every time, so that those suicidal mine spammers in events won't get much in exchange for their lives.

Mines are seemly skillless to use but in fact it does require a good strategic mind and fast hand to cover largest area with minimal usage of cooldowns. That being said, it is a very solid weapon choice. Since there is no way for the game to distinguish the smart ones from the average brainless spamming horde, I'd say over-nerfing would just have the tri-torpedo's tragedy all over again.

Sidd gamer and Redneck Messiah like this.
  4. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

It's not mines, or fb or any other weapon. The problem is multiples of any weapon on a ship.

The first weapon should had full power. Once a duplicate weapon is added; Then; there should be an adjustment.

Spamming of any weapon can be controlled easily with this approach.

Will they do this, probably not. They don't fix anything else like coins in battle log.

5. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    I wouldn't mind seeing something where the more mines you put on your ship, the lower the duration was for each one.
    (Ex. If you have 5 mines on your Shooter they only sit in the water for thirty seconds.)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. Cavy

Cavy Well-Known Member

As big of an issue some people think mine spamming is, any of these changes would completely kill mines for anyone using them in a “normal” none spam way!
    Ok not moose’s idea lol

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Last winter I already said there should be a rule for now being able to use more than 50% of the same weapons.

People with 5 mines ruin the game and that's why I played hardly any events (when I was still active)

Sidd gamer and Hellcat_17 like this.
  8. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Making minrs two slots wouldn't ruin them it would just limit people to having two at a time effectively. Though it would be another nail in the enforcer's coffin but I feel rovio is already headed that way anyway.

9. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

reduce its duration to 30s and make it gets activated only when physically touched. or maybe one of them, the second one won't be that helpful due to lags and latency.

Hellcat_17 likes this.
  10. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Or maybe come up with a way to kill mines?

A few ideas
    - a teal item which can destroy mines
    - a teal item which can drag mines away
    - give mines health to, so people can shoot them
    - let mines be deadly for all players, not only for the Unfriends
    - make a new shield which protects against mines
    - make a new perk for shield which gives extra protection against mines

Sidd gamer likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

For the n'th time, enfo is NOT dying:D:p Though it's not really thriving either:)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Eliminate mines from the game

13. Sweet Leaf

Sweet Leaf New Member

New
    I think that when mines time out they should not do damage. If your mine doesn't get ran over why should you get to benefit from it blowing up 5 feet away from the person who has carefully avoided it.

Sidd gamer and Hellcat_17 like this.
  14. GrizzlyMoose

Mines are the only weapon that can get around missed shots caused by lag. (Or server overload)

If you are lagging your shots are missing targets because they are not where you see them.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Here's my proposal, that I submitted in Discord. TL;DR make mines explode on respawn.

ShinkuMoon, TheAntiSnipe and Nikkie! like this.
  16. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    It sounds like a good idea, shouldn’t be a problem for the non-mine spammers.
    Do they explode at the moment that a player comes back, or do they explode at the moment you die? And do the people near the mine still get hurt? Or does it explode without damage?

The nice thing of mines is indeed that you can kamikaze... because of course, I’m that STUPID fixer on your team who tried to keep everyone good alive, but runs at the end very fast into that mine so you’ll lose:)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

They would explode specifically on respawn, that way any laid mines are still viable in Event mode for the duration of the respawn cycle, and in Ranked mode for the remainder of the match or their natural timer (since there's no respawns in Ranked)

I would say they would "explode with damage" for now - a mine is still a dangerous object and unless you threw it yourself or watched a teammate do it, you should probably avoid that little floating "Happy Fun Ball."

(And yes, I feel your pain on dying to the mine after working so hard to keep everyone else alive! :p )

Sidd gamer, TheAntiSnipe and Nikkie! like this.
  18. GrizzlyMoose

Yea, that would reduce the number, however it still is going to explode causing damage.

Peeps will simply go close to unfriendly respawn and spam and when the mine times out it will still score, in fact it may even do more harm.

I'm not sure what the blast radius of a mine is? Is it larger than the triggering radius?

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Definitely, I'd say about 1 tesla shield-breadth from past experience.

Sidd gamer and GrizzlyMoose like this.
  20. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

They'll still explode, but they're not guaranteed to explode right on top of anyone - and if they were that close to a mine, they're running a risk regardless. Mines can still explode from "natural causes" or "old age" and as I said before, should be avoided unless you threw it yourself and never took your eyes off it.

As an Army buddy relayed to me, "when in doubt, the Claymore is pointed towards you."

The objective isn't to nerf Mines into uselessness, it's to combat the suicidal litterbugs. A dedicated, careful Mine user can still effectively stuff a chokepoint full of them, and I want to allow that if the player is skilled enough to pull it off and not die in the process.

Nikkie! likes this.