1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

So many 3 fixer games the past few days..

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flynndawg, 11 Dec 2018.

1. Flynndawg

Flynndawg Well-Known Member

is it just me or is there a huge increase in the number of fixers on one team recently?

2. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

24x7 events are causing harm to the normal mode matchmaking

HappyUnicorn789 and RACK STAR like this.
  3. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

Still happening today with no event on. Something is definitely different.

4. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

Have seen quite often in the last days. Often fixers on the one side against 5 non fixers. I don't say, it's impossible to win, but really difficult as many lose a motivation and throw the game and move on to the next quickly. Is it just a coincidence?

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Me too, I've seen far too many 3 fixer games. These games used to be unicorns on the BB scene. But in the space of the last few days, I've had at least 3 or 4.
    Unhealthy, pls fix.

6. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

Yeah I dunno what's up with that. I've been coming up against teams with no fixers vs 3 or 4 fixers on my side. Something's up with matchmaking

I have to say though, I'm quite enjoying coming up against firebomb spammers, they can't do much after the firebomb damage gets matched by 5 or 6 pulses. Really exposes how bad some people's aim is, sitting back launching firebombs and straight after we're all just seeing cannon fire flying over our heads lol, sometimes it's pretty obvious without the firebombs they can't hit a thing.

7. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Word joke?;)

8. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    i was watching live stream and saw three battles in row with three fixers in one team .

9. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

What about me? Screenshot_2018-12-11-07-17-24-16.png Screenshot_2018-12-11-07-17-29-89.png yeah its 10 loses in a row

wtfack likes this.
  10. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
  11. Undead fixer

And i been getting over 3 fixers plus me thats 4 :(

12. Undead fixer

Please fix your matchmaking :(

13. Juliano Lucas

Juliano Lucas New Member

Acho que deveriam balancear melhor os times quanto ao tipo de barco especialmente fixers.. O que tá acontecendo é que vem fixer só em um dos times e no outro não. Então o speeder tem liberdade pra ir até o outro lado e brincar na nossa frente.. Recebe alguns tiros e volta a mamar no fixer e completa a vida novamente enquanto o outro time só leva dano e sem ter como se recuperar fica em desvantagem

14. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Mathmaking is really bad after the update.
    Its frustrating to play normal battle now.

HappyUnicorn789 and RACK STAR like this.
  15. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Had a game yesterday, my team 4 shooters and 1 fixer, their team, 4 fixers and 1 speeder.
    We steam rolled them, quickest 5-0 ever...

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Yep, also had 3 fixers + 2 speeders vs 5 Shooters (way too less firepower). I also had 4 Fixers vs 0 Fixers (wtf!). Nearly every second game 2 Fixers vs 0 Fixers (which is hard to win after a loosing streak leading into the 2K infamy range - people have no clue about playing with fixers there).
    Before the update the algorithm tried to even out the fixers on both sides, which was way better.
    And when they re-introduce this feature, I would say a reaper should count like a fixer.

17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

@Zeus acknowledged this on Discord, and doesn't see an issue with it. To paraphrase, it would be boring if sides were balanced by ship type.

18. Flynndawg

Flynndawg Well-Known Member

Cool well I’m not on discord and neither are any of these people but having every other game with all the fixers on one side is not called boring. It’s called something changed recently that is probably not working as intended.

We want balanced games with both skill/gear and ships.

Sidd gamer, Vile Kyle and Stelmo like this.
  19. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

I read that too. That was such a bizarre answer from Zeus. Like somehow it doesn't matter anymore if matchmaking is balanced or not and infamy should no longer be taken seriously.
    There is something obviously changed in the RANKED matchmaking. My guild members have complained about it too. I personally skipped infamy battles yesterday and today, just because I knew they were going to be a mess with the number of high level Nightmare guys playing at 4000 infamy.

So it leads me to the grand question. If BattleBay no longer feels that infamy battles should be balanced and both teams(on paper) given a 50/50 chance of winning, then what is the end goal of all this?
    Why spend money on a game to level up gear, for the goal of improving your ranking(infamy) when the game itself no longer prioritizes infamy battles?

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I also asked this question about the future of Infamy, but Zeus did not respond to it... I don't think they know how to fix the issues they created with perpetual events and conflicts with Leagues and thus Infamy. No one seems to wants to play ranked any longer... I'm seeing long wait times even without an event going on.