1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Coin distribution in events.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JoshW, 4 Dec 2018.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

First off I main a speeder these days and the coin rewards can be pretty lackluster for the effort required.

During event battles I can routinely out damage shooters while keeping my deaths below 2 (for tdm).

If I can out damage a ship that has 5 guns compared to my 2 AND only give up 1 or 2 (mostly 1 if any at all) deaths then I feel I should get better rewards for my effort.

At this point I'm basically doing the job of both a shooter and a speeder which requires twice the effort.

I suggest increased rewards for any ship that goes outside of it's niche and does better than the ship that's supposed to fill that role.
    Examples: Any ship that has 3 or less weapons and outperforms the ships with 4 or more in a damage based match. (TDM, Elimination)
    Slower ships that capture more than fast ships. (CTF)

Sweet Leaf likes this.
  2. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

The coin distribution in events is a joke. They only consider damage and nothing else. Oh wait! I forgot, yes firebomb damage as well. So FB spammers get more coins than the players who actually put effort. SMH:oops:

Screenshot_20181203-230037.jpg

3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    shooter don't have tesla shield can't freeze anyone and there is no nitroes over booster to run away . and shooter can't stun anyone so its not unfair . those 5 reds are useless for few seconds when a speeder stun a shooter its enough for a speeder to fire those massively upgraded cannons and then stun a shooter and run away because he can't shoot and shooter turret is also move slow can't keep up with speeder when it moves around . i don't think its unequal if it is then shooter can also feel the same because it can't chase speeder or move turret faster as speeder . can't even use any single red slot when it get stun .

but i am not saying there is no need to improve the system .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

there is certain events benefiting different boats, just choose your ship wisely and you will get tons of coins. Speeders are op in ctf and even if i do 20x more damage in a shooter, i get more coins capturing in this mode. Just use the ship that works best for specific events and stop complaining :)

Vile Kyle and Sidd gamer like this.
  5. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I feel like you completely missed the point :/
    Using utility items, especially to retreat means I'm dealing no damage.
    Also all of these items you mentioned hit us as well, we get stunned, frosted, encounter Tesla shields or ships dodging our shots with nitro.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

So just throw my 3 weapons on a shooter and head into battle?
    Would you want that player on your team?

Here's the thing, TDM should benefit SHOOTERS but I'm doing better in a ship that isn't suited for the event.
    It's not like I'm saying I cannot do the most damage and I want more coins because of my ship.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    speeder also dodge our shot by nitros and lots of time they stun shooter . and in capture the flag shooters are helpless when speeder just take away the flag even if shooter not even reached his/her flag area . its difficult to calculate everything .some say winner team all members should get equal coins and same about other side . it can be like 10 coins for winner team 5 for other team .

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    wtf is this? i know fixing is important, i play fixer myself as well, but with that performance and he has the highest coin? i mean, what??

9. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

Smh

10. Mr Meaner

Mr Meaner Active Member

However, fixers have been getting screwed so long, I vote leave this bug alone :)

Redneck Messiah and Sidd gamer like this.
  11. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Fixers get screwed in every event, including the current one. I think these high coins for the fixers are anomalies because I get 6 or 7 coins doing 70k on repairs 20 something damage and 2 or 3 kills.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    players with fire damage weapons are getting more coins because of that fire buffs even with low damage.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I was in one TDM match with a highly skilled Speeder who got behind us in Subzero with mine and a torp, and used Turbo/OB/TS/Waves to be nearly impossible to hit while laying mines and landing key torp shots. By the time all was said and done they had 6 kills. It was impressive and something a Shooter/Defender cannot achieve by any stretch of the imagination. As such I'm not sure Speeder deserves an extra boost in coins because they can dish it out in a different way, as you also seem to be good at.

I get your point though, and I don't entirely disagree, but as a Shooter I have a similar dilemma. More often than not I have teammates with 1-2k higher Gear Score, which means they are a near lock to out-damage me and get top coins. I'd argue that GS of weapons be used to pro-rate coin rewards for the same reason, to make rewards relative to your own contribution. However that can lead to gaming the system, so it is not likely to be.

To be honest I have the impression that most Yellow boats in TDM die more frequently than the 1-2 you point out, because I always see them speed into the enemy out the gate log the first death on my team...for a reason though: it's all about damage. I'm constantly irritated that I lose matches when I don't die once, or I wind up with a +3 kill/death ratio, because *that* is the key metric for win/loss in TDM, and isn't even considered in coin rewards. IMO, that's the more important issue here.

14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

As someone who has used a speeder in TDM, the problem is not a lack of skill, not on our part at least.

When enemies start laying minefields with no way into the enemy team for assassination, speeders just give up. Because unless you have a ranged deck, there ain't no counter to always having to be aware of where you're moving WHILE dodging fire from t5E weps at the same time.

And the joke is, these minefields take NO skill to make, but GOD-TIER skill to traverse under fire.

Sweet Leaf, JoshW and Redneck Messiah like this.
  15. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Preach it.
    This one time in CTF, the enemy team had two mining shooters who just scattered several layers of quickshot mines just OUTSIDE the "no mine zone" and used their standard cannons to peck anyone stupid enough to approach their wall. Donald Trump would be proud.

I, on the other hand, could feel my brain cells slowly killing themselves off.
    Jellyfish can survive for years without a brain.
    Humans can cheese CTF games without a brain. Who got the better evolutionary deal?

I'm betting on the jellyfish.
    Salty boi has left the building. Please resume your usual activities.

16. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Why can't they reward each ship based on the ships purpose. A fixer should be rewarded for fixing and other ships based on damage and kills

GrizzlyMoose likes this.
  17. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

Because that makes too much sense silly

18. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Oh yes silly me :)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  19. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It's not as simple as it sounds, each ships purpose varies depending on on team composition.
    Also some would say a speeders purpose is to distract opponents and others might say it's an assassin ship.

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

But it is simple with Fixers...that's been the baffling part. That only leaves the yellow boats which are tougher to measure effectiveness... and a simple thing is just to use a sliding scale for damage in both cases... they usually do not deal as much as Defender and Shooter, so reward them when they exceed an expected output. That data is available.

Hellcat_17 likes this.