1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Send the turbo the way of the rudder and gear lube

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Hellcat_17, 5 Dec 2018.

?

Keep the turbo in the game or not

1. Keep it

2. Remove it

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

With turbos maxing out all ships at lower levels depending on the type ie. rare, epic, whatever, it seems that all ships hold just be given max speed without the need for a turbo. This would open up options for another shield or bandage. I think since this would give more hit points or add repair to a ship that wouldn't have a bandage as it currently has a turbo. This would make battles last longer and more intense because of faster ships and more hit points across the board.

2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

An inconvenient truth. Rudder went the way of the dodo with the Agility update.

From lowest to highest requirements to max out the speed:

Speeder: 43.9%
    Enforcer: 46.7%
    Guardian / Reaper: 51%
    Fixer: 53.1%
    Defender: 54.4%
    Shooter: 63.1%
    Interceptor: 63.7%

That's easily attainable with a Rare and a couple perks; once you've got an Epic or pull a Golden one, you can either stop upgrading early, or start fitting Weapon Damage/Ship HP perks instead.

Edit: Also, press F to pay respects to Gear Lube, which saw so little use that it wasn't even mentioned here as also having been removed. :p

Last edited: 5 Dec 2018
  3. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Yes because the turbine needs so little upgrading why not just give ships the speed and remove turbo from the game?

Su-57 likes this.
  4. GraveDragon

GraveDragon Active Member

If this happens I would be very happy to trade it for a bandage. Upgrading one from scratch is such a pain.

HappyUnicorn789, Su-57 and Hellcat_17 like this.
  5. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

just NO

it is my opinion ,so don't ask me why, or even reply to me ,im not gonna answer.

Help I Cant Swim and Sidd gamer like this.
  6. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I think speed should gradually increase with hp using the ship leveling system. Just makes sense. I do feel that blue slots will need something in place. Yes we can all apply more bandages and shields, but that is boring.

GraveDragon, envylife and Sidd gamer like this.
  7. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

The new blue item
    Yeah don't forget good old gear lube, I forgot what it was called, I always called it turret goo because of the bottle the icon had

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    I’ve got a legendary turbo - if they get rid of it I want another Leg of my choice.

GraveDragon and Su-57 like this.
  9. Hellcat_17

Hellcat_17 Active Member

Yeah they gave you the equal tier item for the gear lube and rudder it was blue item but still it makes sense

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I have an idea

The Big Bandage (new name needed)
    If teamates are within a repair pulse distance of your ship, they get 75% heal.

Like if you like

Hellcat_17 and Sidd gamer like this.
  11. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Seems a bit OP. But I like your concept and would like to take it in a different direction. A good name might be Med-Kit. I would want it to be 1 point. The Med-Kit amplifies any healing to your ship! something like % and would go up to say 50%. Any fixer heals would be amplified to only your ship. Could also work with your bandage as equipping it with a bandage would give you 150% vs 2 bandages giving 200%.

Sidd gamer and KINGIVANOV like this.
  12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

When ships were moved from MK to 50 Levels, they did remove all progression attributes except for HP, assumedly to make all the new boats usable earlier, while taking in the extra boatloads of gold it requires to level them up 49 times. Considering it was part of the effort to improve overall agility and make newly introduced boats usable quicker by higher level players this would nerf that idea

Honestly I never fully bought into the reasons I mentioned above because it seemed fraught with false assumptions, but my guess is the Turbo will likely stay. I like the suggestion though.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  13. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Important to note that the thread start is not suggesting that speed scale with ship level, but rather it be set to a fixed (the current maximum?) amount right from Level 1, similar to how Ship/Turret Agility was handled. @benguin8 is suggesting scaling. Please vote according to the OP's vision (remove Turbo, all ships go to max/fixed speed). ;)

14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I'm all for removing it.
    I have a legendary turbo right next to my legendary lube as it is, on the memorabilia shelf.

Sidd gamer and Rogue Blueberry like this.
  15. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

I did not like the fact that the maximum speed of the shooter and the Enfo is the same, why did they do it, where is the justice? Enfo much faster than a shooter should be.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  16. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Enfo has 5YYY whereas Shooter has 0; I think the intention is that the Enforcer can use at least of those yellow slots to enhance its speed.

Sidd gamer, envylife and KINGIVANOV like this.
  17. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Enfo was not designed to be a speeder, it was built for agility, particularly turning and reversing, not to mention the yellow slots for speed.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

The yellow slots have nothing to do with, until the update 4.0 appears, the enfo with the basic speed is much faster than the shooter.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  19. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I would be okay with this but they need to introduce more blues.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  20. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

We're at 4.1 right now, so I'm not entirely sure what your point is about the pre-4.0 world. Enfo/Speeder have always had Yellow slots. Shooter has never had them.

Sidd gamer likes this.