1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Ship balancing

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Agile Vanguard, 4 Dec 2018.

?

Is speeder neglected and shooter OP?

1. Speeder is neglected

2. Speeder is not neglected

3. Shooter is OP

4. Shooter is not OP

5. Is fixer neglected?

6. Is fixer not neglected

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I sincerely think you should drop by the BB Training School sometime. I have a feeling I know a little thing that will complete your knowledge of the speeder.

JoshW and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

You *can* be a duelist speeder but not in Ranked, not anymore. Nor was the duelist playstyle fair to anyone tbh. The TS nerf may have been over the top(as well as the TB nerf) but I'm happy with speeder's current standing in the lineup. Enfo duels better, Reaper will be able to scout better. Since speeder no longer needs to fill the roles, it's high time the torch was passed.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  3. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I think shooter needs a buff. There are multiple occasions when yellow boats tag me with flare guns and run away only to come back and tag me again. I feel so helpless chasing them because they all have nitro ready to escape while I get nothing. The only thing I could hit them with is sniper cannon which get blocked by Tesla shield very easily.

I think shooter should get one teal hybrid like defender. So I could pulse away the flares while they're in hiding.

I think it's also good against firebomb spam since every match always has 11 shooters so 11 pulses should significantly reduce the firebomb spam in the matches.

Sidd gamer, envylife and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

Good one :D

5. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Kinda like saying my speeder is nerfed because I run into mines. Oh wait!! :p

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Well i m kind of duelist too with Double Nade. Nade is op when someone is pursuing you.;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

...unless they're speeders in which case...
    F

I know from personal experience:(halp

8. DragonLegend

Yes, speeders are hardest to deal with nade. I mostly dont engage with speeder, lure them to your teammates if they pursue too much. You can deal with them at last with your team on your side.
    Also Stop and Drop Nade on yourself works with speeders.

9. TheAntiSnipe

You don't wait for them to use something before firing?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. DragonLegend

Yep that too.
    Speeder mostly gets too close where it became hard to aim nade. Earlier Tip was to hit them at close range. Let them come to you and nade yourself.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

I use a kind of "slam" maneuver when tagged by a burn in close range. I go through my opponent(opponent facing me)and trick them into reversing to get an angle on me, and then I move forward, firing the grenade as I do so. The opponent ALWAYS makes the mistake of trying to move forward, bringing them to a dead halt as they do so. This means that they catch the epicenter perfectly.

If you watch me doing it, it looks like I "choke-slam" the opponent(idk, just makes me feel like I'm doing something like that, I don't watch WWE)

God events have made me a deadlier close combatant :D

envylife likes this.
  12. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    List of speeder nerfs. It should speak for itself.
    • Health nerf
    • Overboost nerf
    • Tesla bolt nerf
    • Frost nerf (2 items)
    • Rudder removal
    • Agility update
    • Tesla shield nerf
    • New ships/teal items

Last edited: 12 Dec 2018
  13. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    I use shooter , sometimes its feel like yellow boats are OP . because they move too fast around shooter and shooter turret is not fast enough to catch up . and speeder can shoot and run away then get healed with bandage . they come back shoot again . they have , Tesla shield , they can stun , they can freeze . lots of advantages yellow boats have . if player is good then its undefeatable . if they can't win they can draw a battle easily by running away shooter can't catch up . in a recent battle all shooter died in our team only one yellow boat left with 2500 health . in otherside there was a shooter with 5000+ health . i thought we lost but yellow enforca used all yellow tricks . tesla shield and whatever he got he sinked the ship without getting much dmg by shooter . Shooter also feel like they are missing something . and 10k health is nothing when speeders have 1500/2000+ dmg cannons . have seen in custom battles with nightmare players how much OP yellow boats look .

14. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    you know mostly shooter have equal level cannons as speeder do . i mean most of shooter use two or three cannons and use torpedoes and mortar in other red slots . thing is mortars rarely work against speeder and mostly they don't even work in close range and also torpedoes don't work close range . then only cannon left when speeder get closer . mostly speeders come from behind and run away before turret even turn enough to lock the target . shooter turret is to slow when speeder move around and use nitros its don't even get in position to target speeder . 5 cannons or 2 they are useless when turret don't even catch up with speeder speed .

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

Anyone saying shooter turrets are slow should know that you can match a speeder's turnrate by turning your ship WITH your turret.

#ProtipsWithAnti

JoshW and Sidd gamer like this.
  16. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    No! What have you done Anti??! :p

JoshW and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

speeder is so trash right now, tried some game during the event and i regret spent my gold to upgrade it. The main advantage of speeder is ofc speed now can be easily counter since the turret speed on all other boats are much faster, you can dodge shot without OB, Nitro pre update but now the only chance of dodging is by nitro or shield.

people said that speeder is OP running dual nitro, yeah, good luck landing shot with that setup. Be side CTF, speeder is just bad even how good you are.

18. Mr.Safranek

Mr.Safranek Active Member

I dont want any nerf , i just accepted the game .... And Play !!!

19. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

nerf or nothin.jpeg
    - A random fixer when asked about his opinion of speeders

JoshW and Agile Vanguard like this.
  20. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

I'll go back to offtopic now.