1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 4.1 "Teal-time Strategy!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 28 Nov 2018.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Wait. No perks for yellow items? There's one I know of. TS HP+Duration. Pretty damn good!
    Other than that, tell me, what sort of perks would you like to see on OB or nitro? Nitro effect+CD would be nice, but OB? Nah. You cannot simple add a duration+CD perk for OB because that would break the item. Again. Frost? What would you add?
    I *think* TB has a perk, but not sure. Probably not.

Sidd gamer and What's Up Player like this.
  2. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

Since fixers can add a invincibility shield when healing. I would like a CHANCE to create a invincibility shield.. or maybe repair some health.. if reapers and fixers and repair themselves speeders should be able to aswell.. so an nitro or overboost that either heals or protects you.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  3. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

Yeah telsa bolt has increased projectile speed or something... the shield also has a perk.. but still it breaks easily.. and leave you vulnerable once broke.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  4. TheAntiSnipe

Speeders get some of the best HP and/or sustain in the game. Also, they are hyper agile and, UNLIKE healer classes in the game, have very small hitboxes. Repair bolts have (relatively)insane cooldowns and cannot be applied to yourself. Fixers and reapers also suffer from super low base HP.
    Again, most of fixer's and reaper's items with the exception of duct tape and box(which nobody uses btw) have reduced or no effects on the healer themselves.

Speeders may be ignored to an extent and may need a couple of buffs, but imho healing is off the table.

5. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

Not talking about a green perk that is constant.. that's what I emphasized "chance" a chance for a heal or protection. Speeders got grouped in with enforcers for the telsa shield nerf.. if enforcers didnt use double shields that stun wouldn't exist..

This Is Me and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

Nah, that stun was needed and we both know it, we're both from the Blacktail era where TS stun OB was basically a super cheese meta. Opponent breaks TS, gets stunned for 13 seconds. Unstunned, TS is out of cooldown, rinse and repeat. That was super unhealthy, and it was NOT ONLY the enforcers that brought this on. The most recent supernerf to TS was definitely due to the double TS meta, however.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  7. Kirk

Kirk New Member

I don't have these issues on my Ipad or iPhone.

8. Kirk

Kirk New Member

It has a speed and duration double effect event perk.

9. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

20181206_171413.png

10. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

Well, the initial idea to counter those "monoculture" setups, which also cause some balancing issues, was to limit the slots, e.g. only allow one torpedo or one Tesla Bolt. However, I have a better idea:
    Loading additional items of the same type (e.g. torpedoes, mortars, tesla bolts, shields, bandages etc.) will reduce their overall effectiveness. This should be a small reduction with two items and a larger reduction with three items and so on.

RACK STAR, Skirra08 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I disagree...Red items are the toughest to build of all available items. There are 20 Red but only 6 yellows, so simple proportions state it'll take longer to find the item duplicates of the weapons you want, 3x harder in fact. With the extra heavy weighting of Yellow and Green items in Guild raffles and Epic Containers, you also get more perks and pieces for yellows (and greens), and Green Perks in Events are vastly over-weighted.

This comes from a Shooter with 20 months of experience who still can't fill out 5 T5E weapons, while I can almost build two T5E Tesla Shields, a T5E Nitro, and have thrown away more Epic Frost items than I can count. OB remains the only Yellow I've had trouble getting....a single one to date. I have yet to receive a Legendary perk for any of the weapons I use... while I have a Frost and a couple Green perks, the few Red perks are for weapons I almost never use.

In other words, the grass is not greener.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

They never gonna understand....
    So I dont care much about battle bay.

13. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

Please add statistics of game.
    1. Top 50 Damages
    2. Top 50 Healers
    3. Top 50 killers
    4. Top 50 players - No of time played BB
    5 Top 50 Spenders ( who spend more for BB)

like that plz add some statistics..which looks good

14. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

For me the perfect TB perk would be projectile speed plus like a 10% chance that doesn't break with a shot but that's probably OP. Also OP but perfect for me would be a perk that neutralized mines for like 5/10 seconds. If I could shoot a bolt and then know I could follow it safely I would have less hate for mine spammers. I'd settle for duration + speed or something with extra hp like the turbo event perk.

JoshW and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

Also I wonder what they are fixing. I keep getting server down.

16. Friscomachine

Friscomachine New Member

@Devs

i cant use the bolster armor. placing it in the slot is ok, entering a match reverts it.

any ideas?

17. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

I agree. Not enough status for different types of players to enjoy.

18. Jowiee

Jowiee Active Member

As a speeder and defender main, defenders should also enjoy at least all of the teal items in 1 slot. A defender should be able to use defense wall and defense aura. Both items are named after defender ship. M

Please honor defenders a hybrid slot of 2 teal color instead of just 1 for all the times they have been neglected and abused for having a fatter ass than anyone else.

RACK STAR likes this.
  19. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Doing that would mean a Defender would be buffed by adding 1 more blue slot point, and thus the ability to strap on 2 Big Shields, or requiring them to choose between Big Shield and a Teal item, which means no Teal item.

#CK likes this.
  20. #CK

#CK Active Member

drone pilot
    Indeed