1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Infamy issues

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Guncaptain809, 5 Dec 2018.

1. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Im at 235 infamy and that's pretty low. And the reason for this is that I'm getting matched against people who are at level 40 or higher. I'm only a level 16 enforcer and it's literally impossible for my team to kill boats that strong. I always stagnate here because of players like this. If the infamy system is supposed to match people of similar strength then why am I dealing with people like this?

2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Ideally the infamy system matches players of equal Infamy, Infamy being a combination of strength and skill. Captain 40 players in a 235 match must mean their skill is highly suspect.... and as such you'll eventually pass them

It doesn't match solely on Infamy though... there's a fairly large unpublished algorithm involved in matchmaking. Keep at it, you should move up.

3. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Not captain level, ship level. I was dealing with a defender with 14000 health, and a shooter with 8000. I don't have the firepower to deal with crap like that.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Back when Ships were MK1-7, the matchmaking algorithm would put those ships in higher level matches. Sounds like that has been reverted with the new ship leveling having all slots available from the outset. Sounds like a bigger problem than I initially thought, but you should still see forward Infamy progress despite those ships.

TheAntiSnipe and Aether_Zero like this.