1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Started With Strategy: Choose your style

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by TheAntiSnipe, 28 Nov 2018.

Tags:
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Before you choose your weapons, you choose your ship. And before you do that, you choose a playstyle. Your playstyle defines the path you take in the game. Playstyles rarely ever change, at least when you find the One True Style ;) for you.
    So, choosing your style.

1. The Assassin
    "I am the arrow that springs from the bow. No hesitation, only intent."
    Without the Assassin, the game is incomplete. Few things define fear in this game so much as an assassin after your hide. They fight fast, hit hard and disappear into the shadows. If your only desire in the game is to be one with the bay, and faster than anything, you are an assassin. If you cannot bear to watch a target walk away from an engagement, and if you're relentless to a fault, you BELONG here. Of course, you have to be content with being in the shadows as well as having to kill absolutely helpless targets(hurts some peoples' moral compasses :D) but if these things are immaterial to you, go ahead and welcome to the shadows.

2. The Ranger
    "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot shoot, and the courage to shoot the things I can."
    The Ranger dances the line between order and chaos. Rangers are accurate shooters who can hit anything that's in range, and quite a few things that are not. If you are a perfectionist who likes manipulating the noise of the battlefield and making life miserable to anyone in your line of sight, you are a ranger. If you believe in the adage, "You miss every shot you don't take", you're a ranger. Again, this comes with being in the shadows as well as, again, killing helpless targets. So are you ready to test your aim against the best in the game?

3. The Brawler
    "You know nothing of passion. When your rage can sunder mountains, you may speak to me of passion."
    Enter the Brawler. The one person on the battlefield that EVERYONE marks as one to watch. Brawlers, once they get in close, can kill targets that are a few times better armed and probably have better support. If you believe that REAL fighters fight head-on in one-on-one combat and that nothing is unfair in a firefight, you are a brawler. If you believe that it is your duty to be the vanguard, you're a brawler. Being a brawler also means being the first person to fall, and having the responsibility of your entire team on you. So can you sunder mountains with your rage?

4. The Duelist
    "Test my blade, test my will, if you have the nerve!"
    The Duelist is probably the oddest of us all. A very, VERY rigid code of morals and an extreme sense of relentlessness. A duelist will fight in 1v1s, always and without exception. You're a duelist if you're only willing to fight the best on the enemy team, no matter how hopeless the situation is. You're a duelist if you can be frail as an assassin and dare to stand out of the shadows, challenging certain doom. This also means you'll have to make some painful moral choices in battle, and that you'll lose a lot. But, as a semi-duelist, let me tell you: When you fight an opponent who shares your will to fight, there's no feeling you'll enjoy more. Are you a Duelist?

5. The Rogue
    "Styles... So rigid~"
    The Rogue is scary. He does not conform to a style and can be anyone. Imagine a Duelist without a moral code. A Brawler without the need to lead. You NEVER, EVER, test a Rogue. And if you think styles are too constricted, if you love being creative with every aspect of every class of ship, you are a Rogue.

(To be continued)

2. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    @TheAntiSnipe , you’ve seen me play, I’m really not sure which role I fit in. What do you say?

3. TheAntiSnipe

I'd say you're an Assassin+Ranger Rogue

Nikkie! and Rumpelstiltskin like this.
  4. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I'm not sure what I am either.

Maybe duelist/brawler.

@KINGIVANOV described me as a brawler once but I think I may be a duelist.

What is the difference?

5. TheAntiSnipe

A duelist revels in a tough opponent, a brawler gets provoked. That's the easiest way to tell one from the other, because duelists don't lose their cool in general, while brawlers get better the more pissed off they get.

6. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    @TheAntiSnipe, What should I be? Or should I just keep the one who fixes 30,000-40,000+ wothout dealing any damage? What do you think? (Often I have to shoot at least 1 shot to get rewards;))

7. TheAntiSnipe

Healers are badass, it's just that I haven't gotten around to adding them into my post yet.

Nikkie! and Rumpelstiltskin like this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Better complete classification first, and I'm pretty sure at this point that Rogue runs in my veins ;)

Nikkie!, Rumpelstiltskin and JoshW like this.
  9. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Yup, brawler sounds about right for me. Up close and nasty!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

This is neato, dude! I see myself as a rogue that combines the duelist and assassin traits. I see the battle with a calm, analytical eye, often go off on my own, and am not afraid to take the fight to the unfriends' strongest Shooter or best protected Fixer.

TheAntiSnipe and Agile Vanguard like this.
  11. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I adapt in battles.
    Enemy alone? Duelist/brawler
    Enemy low on health? Assassin
    But usually when battling against an all shooter team, I keep my distance and be ranger until the mid game where I switch over to duelist.

Rouge maybe?
    @TheAntiSnipe you've seen some of my battles, can you confirm this?

Last edited: 5 Dec 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, most probably rogue.

Nikkie! likes this.
  13. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

I'm wandering what m'i?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

I should totally add this style, why didn't I think of this?

The kind of player who never walks with the team, instead preferring to run in the shadows, but never being an assassin. The Nomad.

I myself play this sometimes!

15. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Cough Cough , What do you mean? :eek:

16. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member