1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Guardian first impressions

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Skirra08, 3 Dec 2018.

1. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

First has anyone shot that shield with a railgun, and if so does it break it like a Tesla shield?

Second if AM is running double shields then he can't have any other teal items becausenthose are 2 slots each. Which means he has wall that only protects his front and is also still vulnerable to mortars, firebombs, and torpedoes. Honestly bin my speeder or interceptor I'd rather face that because I'd have a solid chance of getting behind or at least beside it and I wouldn't have to worry as much about getting shot. I see your point about reaper being vulnerable to mass attacks but with double nitro that doesn't have to happen very often.

Overall, you may be right but I don't think it's a slam dunk and I bet it falls into the low single digits in use on bb-stats.com pretty quickly.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

The shield can block mortars and firebombs ;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. Skirra08

Only if they land in front of you. ☹️

4. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Yeah wont be easy to catch them, but not impossible either, you can use the map to protect you from mortars etc.
    The guardian certainly seems better than interceptor and reaper, and finally you can buy and upgrade with gold.

Now just need some teal items...

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. Skirra08

All this being said I would love to have a good guardian on my team it would really fit well with my fighting retreat strategy. I'm not sure what the guardian would get out of it but my stats would definitely see a boost.

Sidd gamer, TheAntiSnipe and Ash KOT like this.
  6. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin New Member

Done, I liked the message!

Sidd gamer and super_sonic181 like this.
  7. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Lol, i didn't mean that thou, SeaNavy said he was fleeting with the fixer last day and he made it to victory so i replied with a vid of us playing in fleet while me as a fixer... "Something like this" thou i never said Somebody

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. Rumpelstiltskin

Rumpelstiltskin New Member

I know you never said somebody:D ;)

Oh and btw, you gave me my first like ever, and with that also a new trophypoint! Thanks:)

Sidd gamer and super_sonic181 like this.
  9. super_sonic181

:p

Sidd gamer likes this.
  10. super_sonic181

Here's another video of me and @SeaNavy , Defending the Bay:cool:

11. Skirra08

Cool vid but I'm not convinced it shows how good guardian is. My first and last thought while watching was you were spending a massive amount of time fixing your weakest teammate and that you probably got a bit lucky in your opponents. I didn't really see much that would have changed if you had been paired with a defender who stayed that close. With one exception, the cleanse pulse that thing saved you in particular a couple of times. But even that one could have been equipped on a defender with similar results and more firepower.

If they really want guardian to be useful they need to do 2 things (outside of adjusting sxoring ehichbis never gonna happen ask anyone who runs a speeder and a Tesla bolt). First, the shield really needs to rotate with the turret. This would allow a guardian to do something other than go forwards and backwards. Second, they need to make cleanse work like repair pulse. People would be more likely to use it if it would help them some. I mean right now you have to be so close to whatever cause the fire that you're probably going to be on fire yourself.

Bonus free advice for Rovio: cleanse bolt, I know that the guardian seems to be designed to encourage people to stay together but I haven't seen any evidence that is going to work. I mean I see people screaming together in every match and some idiot always goes off and dies alone (disclaimer: sometimes that idiot is me).It would be really valuable in helping speeders and interceptors who are really handicapped when they try to stay together. And who also have the most difficult time if their opponent stays together.

On a related note I did confirm that the shield will block a mortar, but it's a real code brown moment sitting in the middle of a bullseye hoping that it will hold.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  12. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    New ship, new research, new findings

Just putting this out there, people are discovering the best strategies at the moment. Give it some time for players to build items.

Anyway, by the looks of it the guardian seems like it has some powerful protection. The talents trees, especially for the wall shield, by observing from the talents it looks to be that there will be a lot of potential. Also, fleeting with a fixer may be a strong combination. The guardian can always protect their teammates usinf defence aura while the fixer can heal them.

Only few problems with guardian is that it's mobility is lacking and has some highpoints (just like it's brother defender) therefore it will be targeted in most case scenarios as players see it as an objective to winning the game. Moreover, the guardian is a very team orientated boat, if your team does not play with the guardian then obviously the guardian's potential cannot fluorish. I discovered some flaws with the wall shield, it cannot block airborne projectiles as reliable as the tesla shield and that the shield follows the direction of the ship where it faces forward so adaptability is required in terms of where and when the wall should be put up. All the other teal items seem fine except the wall.

Overall, there is still much potential for this ship and it's items. I think that we should wait for the potential power to rise, we should still observe the boat as well as develop and build talents and items.

Thanks for reading

Last edited: 6 Dec 2018
    Nikkie!, Earel, Sidd gamer and 5 others like this.
  13. Skirra08

I found an awesome guardian. I mean if this guy were anchoring the center of the Spartan line at Thermopolis then Xerses would gave never gotten past. 48k damage with 2 weapons and he had to have blocked at least that with his double shields.

https://replay.battlebay.net/MXTBFZQH#NHPVSLXN Screenshot_20181225-225629.png

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. Earel

Earel Active Member

Main ship for this guy a speeder with same setup of weapon... so he is well experienced with this weapon. Moreover enemy play without heal)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  15. Skirra08

In my experience if the opposing team has a fixer the amount of damage dealt goes up not down. And being experienced with a weapon is a good thing I certainly wouldn't dongrade someone for that. I mean that's the goal right?

TheAntiSnipe and Sidd gamer like this.