1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch Notes v. 4.1 "Teal-time Strategy!"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by The Grim Repair, 28 Nov 2018.

1. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

They just popped up an hour or so ago. I guess it was something that could be added/activated server side.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I've asked for some further insight on the original balance perspective. The long cooldown on Cleanse does offer some drawback to its powerful effects at least.

It appears to, so a stack of 4x fire debuffs can be sprayed away by a single Cleanse. Timing is important though; the Cleanse effect does not persist.

3. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

My two cents:

Good news - ship upgrades with gold. Bad news - needs new teal weapons. So new ship will still be docked for at least a month. Lame. Only people benefiting from running a guardian this first 6 day event will be deep pocket warriors.

New teal items are interesting. Love the idea of hybrid slots! Opens up to orange or purple weapons too! And I like the idea of giving some love to old ships, but seems not enough.

Teal items are near IMPOSSIBLE to judge their worthiness. Since they all are based on absorbing damage, we need some stat that tracks that. For example, I could use to know how much fire damage my cleanse saved me and my team from for me to REALLY justify using it and leveling it. Keeping this stat could allow us an avenue to grind out unlocking legendaries. Right now I just drive around and bubble here and there and have no idea if I am doing good or just looking cool.

Speaking of Cleanse, idea of time reduction is great but I do not think the same approach for fire should be literally applied to frost and stun. I think cleanse should wipe frost and stun right away. If it just reduces the time of it, it still leaves tons of time for your friendly to be open for a combo. Clearing it right away should negate your unfriendly's attempt. Stun can be up to 18seconds too. Shaving off 5 seconds does not the same gravity as taking off 5s from fire damage.

Now that we have teal pieces to collect, would be nice if Rovio finally gave us a separate inventory to keep pieces in. Otherwise you just took away 3 more inventory spots.

Suggestion - We need new tabs for leveling and for shop. First screen should be to click on item type (color), then click on what you wish to look at. Currently i have to scroll far far right to level any teal weapons.

4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Why do people always complain when something new is coming out? So, it takes a while to get some gear? Just be happy they come up with again a new ship and even new gear. I don't see that as a problem at all.

Just try the ship in the events and go for it, don't worry about things before you have even tried it yet. A saying in Dutch is: don't cry before you got hit, meaning don't worry or complain before you have tried it first. And if there are short comings, let them know here so the Devs can tweak them and make it better.

Don't look to far ahead, just enjoy the moment more!

5. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

So after looking at the way teal works on defender it's a bigger buff than I had thought. This is because the teal slot doesn't reduce your open blue slots so you go from having 6 blue slots for 5 items to a teal items plus 6 slots for 4 items. This allows you to run double big shields plus any two of standard shield, turbo, or band-aid. Effectively you get a bonus teal space while sacrificing what appears to be very little hp.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I knew I shouldn't have scrapped my Rare Big Shield. :(

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  7. benguin8

I fail to see how your Dutch saying applies. If anything I am crying after I am hit. I got a new ship, but have no teal weapons to try it out. The ones I have tried out, Cleanse, I commented on after using it over several matches. I made no claims of bad items I have not tried out yet.

A complaint is negative without offering a solution. I consider myself more of offering constructive criticism rather than complaining. Sorry you took it as whining and not sure why you singled me out. I agree lots of praise is in order. Thank you Rovio for continuing to expand the game! I'd just like to point out that their way isn't necessarily the right way, but it is the way we have at this moment.

8. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

You are right, that is sometimes hard how to read someone's words. Please, accept my apology!

9. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

@CaffeinatedChris thank you very much for the clarification, very true with the timing being important for maximum effect. I'd say it's potentially very powerful indeed if it can cleanse multiple effects. For example, say your team got splashed by several fire bombs, this has the potential to remove several 000's worth of damage.

On the description, it also says "reduces debuff durations on nearby teammates" and not the player themselves. Any ideas if this means the Guardian is exempt from its own effect?

10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Correct, you can't de-debuff yourself with Cleanse Pulse.

FataMorgana88 and Scourge Argaen like this.
  11. benguin8

I wonder if this is too harsh to start with. I would like it better if it was half effective for the user like healing pulse. This would promote more use.

12. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Agreed but I think it's good enough for a 1slot item. I'm calling it pointless until they add stats of reducing debuffs and absorbing dmg in the result screen, it should affect your position in the results and improve rewards otherwise there's no point to use those self-sacrificing items

Sidd gamer, benguin8 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

Yellow items looks too dull and not attractive to look, where other items good. please restore to previous yellow icons.

14. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Since the update all hell broke loose.
    Graphics are corrupted (black blocks instead of splashes and explosions), the starting map before the fight is black with a few flags on it etc etc.
    A match replay I sent to my guild members seems to not show these problems on their devices so maybe is device/android related?
    Anyhow before the update all ok after the update everything sucks!!!

15. Greatgambler440

Greatgambler440 Active Member

Then fixer will remove it using repair bolt.
    Do you know that tesla bolt talent to block all healing is a joke now.

16. Yakima

Yakima New Member

S81205-204124.jpg S81205-204753.jpg S81204-204123.jpg S81205-205815.jpg S81127-205257.jpg

AVID, Sewah and benguin8 like this.
  17. Yakima

Yakima New Member

18. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

@Yakima please copy and paste the text, not the images.

Sewah likes this.
  19. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    At least (s)he tried to translate, is better than some others I've seen. But text only should read easier, indeed

Sidd gamer, Riddlerpaji, AVID and 3 others like this.
  20. CeeMeNoMore

CeeMeNoMore Member

Forreal the developers fail to notice that with every event perk all ships benefit much more than yellows.. yellow ships still dont have a event perk for nitrous or overboost.. and shooters have 5 weapon slots and all weapons have a event perks making it arguably the strongest ship. People spam mines everywhere.. when my telsa shield breaks I'm a sitting duck.. so any things annoy me about this game. These revs are stupid af.. it should be fair no matter what ship I use.. why have other ships if every update creates a bigger imbalance.